We should be entitled for a refund

Andyw19_88
535 posts An Exciting Prospect
I'm really trying to like this game,but at times it's just unplayable,if I'd bought a kettle and it sometimes worked and sometimes didn't I'd be entitled to a refund,so why aren't we with fifa,they sold us lies with their tweets towards the end of 19,this game is broken and they can't fix it😔😞

Comments

• Kurzy
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    In a fair world, we really should have been able to ask for a refund.
    The game we purchased at launch doesn't resemble the game we currently have at all.
    I actually stopped playing because it stopped being fun for me.

I'm only scouting the forums looking to hear about a new update that fixes everything they have done to this game since it was launched.
  • Andyw19_88
    535 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited November 2019

So we shouldn't be allowed a refund on what basis like? We live in a world where we buy things if they're rubbish and don't work we send them back.

If Sony granted refunds FIFA changes tomorrow,ea would put out a massive statement begging fans to stay and the game would be fixed asap and we would all be happy.

Removed quoted post ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • FalconFan
    254 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited November 2019

So you never return anything to a vendor, even when you bring it home and it is broken?

Or does not operate as advertised? Career mode was completely broke on release and still not fixed. Refunds are reasonable as customers should not have to wait for months to get a functioning, as advertised product.

While EA has a guarantee on their games it is a very narrow timeframe for downloaded versions only.

Removed quoted post. ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Jason1986
    7099 posts Big Money Move
    FalconFan wrote: »
    Jason1986 wrote: »
    I dislike the game and inconsistent gameplay but these wet wipes demanding refunds and compensation are deluded.

So you never return anything to a vendor, even when you bring it home and it is broken?

Or does not operate as advertised? Career mode was completely broke on release and still not fixed. Refunds are reasonable as customers should not have to wait for months to get a functioning, as advertised product.

While EA has a guarantee on their games it is a very narrow timeframe for downloaded versions only.
    Video games have bugs, they get fixed as and when the companies who make them find the solution. Yes it's a nuisance that one game mode has a few bugs (I've not experienced them).

Have the people who aren't happy with the game demanding refunds even tried taking back their copy of fifa? Or are they just grandstanding to make a point?

Like I said earlier, I'm not a fan of the gameplay and I struggle with input delay. But I enjoy playing the menus.
  • FalconFan
    I dislike the game and inconsistent gameplay but these wet wipes demanding refunds and compensation are deluded.

Video games have bugs, they get fixed as and when the companies who make them find the solution. Yes it's a nuisance that one game mode has a few bugs (I've not experienced them).

Have the people who aren't happy with the game demanding refunds even tried taking back their copy of fifa? Or are they just grandstanding to make a point?

Like I said earlier, I'm not a fan of the gameplay and I struggle with input delay. But I enjoy playing the menus.

There is difference between bugs and broken. FIFA was flat out broken on release for Career Mode.
  • Jason1986

There is difference between bugs and broken. FIFA was flat out broken on release for Career Mode.
    Was it? I played some career mode, so it couldn't have been universally "broken". Buggy yes, but not broken.
  • Fab
    19737 posts Club Captain
    9umKNCV.png

I guess once bitten, twice shy doesn't apply to everyone.
  • FalconFan

Was it? I played some career mode, so it couldn't have been universally "broken". Buggy yes, but not broken.

Well you can push a car that does not start as well and say it is buggy...
  • FalconFan

Frankly, I do not know. I refuse to buy anything EA produces. I would have asked for a refund immediately had I know there was a policy in place to do so for FIFA 19.

I guess if you have low standards, then everything is fine, but I do not. Definitely not at nearly $100 for something.

So again, you can be fine with waiting for something to be fixed or not, but you should. It expect others to feel as you. Customer should have the right to request a refund.

Again, this is EA’s model of releasing an 80% solution and work to fix it before Christmas if they can. You support that model, I, along with many others do not. For a game with a lifespan of 46 weeks, this is far from an acceptable level.
  • FalconFan
    Fab wrote: »
    9umKNCV.png

I guess once bitten, twice shy doesn't apply to everyone.

True...

I thank goodness avoided the expense.

Extremely glad I did.
  • Jason1986

Well no, that would be a broken car. I'm not sure if you're being awkward on purpose to push your agenda or of you're just a little off, but it's counter productive either way.
  • FalconFan
    edited November 2019

Well no, that would be a broken car. I'm not sure if you're being awkward on purpose to push your agenda or of you're just a little off, but it's counter productive either way.
    I am not pushing an agenda, just stating we have different perceptions for what FIFA is based on your mostly FUT focused play.

I played all modes in 19 and really appreciated a somewhat usable career mode that was realistic.

If you think having a season in which Liverpool, Man United, Man City, and Tottenham are in the bottom 4 of the league is playable to a believable level, then good on you. But the vast majority of dedicated players could not.

So you just say it is a bit buggy... that is a bit more than a bug, but not true for those who play that mode.

Not everyone wants to sign up for the “FIFA is like a box of chocolates” up and down patch, patch, and patch again in which gameplay can change wildly.
  • FalconFan
    edited November 2019

And to your point... the car being broken only matters on your perspective. If you are on top of a hill and your destination is at the bottom, as long as the steering works and brakes work, you can get to your destination just fine...

So it is all in the matter of your perspective.

So I was not trying to be daft or off putting, just giving an obvious example of what most would call broken.

Food that you and I return as being spoiled or not meeting our standards in a restaurant, might be perfectly fine with a starving person.

So you stating that consumers should not be able to ask for a refund or such makes little sense.

And those that have the digital download, it is not like they can take it back to the store.
  • FalconFan wrote: »

Aye player career mode is a joke as i played for 3hrs on early release day before i reached the skills level to trigger the crippling bug that's ruined the game but i won't cry about it though i'm scratching my head wondering how the F can you make such a james hunt of a game mode that's been pretty much the same basic edition for about 4 years with a lick of paint to try and pass it off each year. Maybe they can fix it for fifa 21. I certainly won't be getting my trousers pulled down with an expensive early edition EA game ever again though like fifa 20 bug edition.
  • Gazza74
    1137 posts Professional
    I won a copy of fifa 20 in a raffle.....I wish I’d have taken the fruit basket now 😞
  • Gazza74 wrote: »
    I won a copy of fifa 20 in a raffle.....I wish I’d have taken the fruit basket now 😞

I wish i'd given up my copy of fifa 20 to a raffle. Absolute joke of an attempt i wouldn't even pass it off as a game.
  • t-mase
    579 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I actually am enjoying this year far more than I have previous years installments by a long long way. Sure it's not perfect but I find it to be less inconsistent and certainly more rewarding for a better standard of play. The game itself is much harder but I've now been able to adjust to the game in the last week. I can however understand why it would frustrate some people
  • Chavez76
    9868 posts League Winner
    just now I finished all my WL games, and then played some firendly's for the XP.. man what a difference between a game of weekend League and one of Survival!
    I really thought my gameplay was pretty good, but damn, what a difference..