The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

EPL CB Pairing?

Stevo_CT
3205 posts National Call-Up
Which pairing have best worked for you?

Currently using Sokratis & Alderweireld. (4atb formations)

Don't have coins for VVD, and don't want to spend 260k+ on scream Otamendi.

Thx in advance for any input...

Comments

• DropbackKid
    21 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Who is your keeper? and which formation do you exactly use? Do you use a French midfielder? Then I would say go for Lloris and put Hernandez from Bayern in; he is an absolute beast and he is linkable with many PL-players.

If you go Lloris, davinson sanchez & hernandez you could use Digne at leftback (or Roussilon in case you can link him with a French midfielder).
  • Stevo_CT
    Who is your keeper? and which formation do you exactly use? Do you use a French midfielder? Then I would say go for Lloris and put Hernandez from Bayern in; he is an absolute beast and he is linkable with many PL-players.

If you go Lloris, davinson sanchez & hernandez you could use Digne at leftback (or Roussilon in case you can link him with a French midfielder).

Straight up EPL team, change between 4222/4231/433/451. Keeper is currently Edersen, but will probably get De Gea at some stage.

• DropbackKid
    But what is your starting formation (not ingame)? If it's 433, you can easily put Hernandez in and link him with Lloris, sissoko, a French leftback.

But if you still want to go full prem, in my opinion, there are not many options as you want your centreback to have some pace, right?

Then I think you are stuck with using Davinson Sanchez and, maybe, get Ferdinand as an ICON swap.
  • Stevo_CT
    But what is your starting formation (not ingame)? If it's 433, you can easily put Hernandez in and link him with Lloris, sissoko, a French leftback.

But if you still want to go full prem, in my opinion, there are not many options as you want your centreback to have some pace, right?

Then I think you are stuck with using Davinson Sanchez and, maybe, get Ferdinand as an ICON swap.

I'm going Wright on the icon swap, (Arsenal legend), I'll probably stick to all prem for this team for now. Thanks for the info.
  • kayron16
    2500 posts Fans' Favourite

Straight up EPL team, change between 4222/4231/433/451. Keeper is currently Edersen, but will probably get De Gea at some stage.

How original. Everyone below VVD is pretty average to awful in the prem (haven’t faced Scream Otamendi). Hybrid your team and use better defenders. Serie A, La Liga and Bundesliga all have decent options for better value
  • Lenglet and Militao job done.
  • DropbackKid
    kayron16 wrote: »

How original. Everyone below VVD is pretty average to awful in the prem (haven’t faced Scream Otamendi). Hybrid your team and use better defenders. Serie A, La Liga and Bundesliga all have decent options for better value

True. I did the Pique SBC and he is an absolute beast. My other CB is now Hernandez, with Neuer in the goal. I still use Premier league players (3) and they all have 10 chemistry; so it is perfectly doable.
  • DR1
    189 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited November 2019
    I had Alderweireld and Laporte in defense last WL, solid pair for me and their lack of pace wasn't an issue. Also I replaced de Gea with Ederson and Ederson actually does way better, so as an extra advise I'd suggest to stay away from him but maybe it's just me
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    540 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I'm using Laporte and Sanchez atm but have considered changing Sanchez for marqhinios and using telles at lb, currently have alisson in goal and fabinho and fernandinho at cm and Anderson at lm.
  • Stevo_CT
    Thoughts on this backline?

https://imgur.com/xfP3FCT
  • CustardHippo
    2432 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gomez and Lindeloff. Job done, save your coins and put them in elsewhere. Or Rudiger/Bailly/Ake. They all seem to play way above their card stats. Only league with absolute tosh defenders seem to play well. Odd that...
  • I use Gomez and Rudiger, can’t grumble at all, solid