Penalties

MartyForster
95 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Every single one during games is saved by the CPU but are scored in penalty shootouts.

Presumably as I'm pressing the direction of where I want to place it the CPU knows which way to dive to save it this making it impossible to score?

What's the point?

Comments

• Atila87
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    The penalty changed the mecanism. First you press the direction. Before the player touch the ball you change the direction.
  • MartyForster
    Do you have to change to a different direction after choosing where to hit it while running up to the ball?
  • Atila87
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Yes. This is not a bug. Only a change.
  • MartyForster
    So how can I score penalties in a penalty shootout no problem by doing it the way I am, but in game the keeper saves every one?

• mjtheslambam323
    175 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hmm I’ve scored multiply penalties in career mode that are not in penalty shootout
  • MartyForster
    Hmm I’ve scored multiply penalties in career mode that are not in penalty shootout

I've won 4/4 pen shootouts in CM and haven't scored a single penalty mid game (approx 8-10). All saved by the keeper no matter which corner I go for.

Seems like the CPU keeper knows where I'm putting it every time. Of course it does (as I'm inputting the direction) but it shouldn't be reflected by the keeper knowing.
  • mjtheslambam323
    175 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hmm yeah idk. I’ve seen goalie stand in middle and not dive a few times. Other times my shot just beats the goalie. I usually am low on ground and power it not too much. This is on World Class diff. Hmmm I dont know why keeper always saves your penalties. Very frustrating
  • MartyForster
    Hmm yeah idk. I’ve seen goalie stand in middle and not dive a few times. Other times my shot just beats the goalie. I usually am low on ground and power it not too much. This is on World Class diff. Hmmm I dont know why keeper always saves your penalties. Very frustrating

I'm on ultimate now but did try world class (cant remember if I had a pen on that setting though). Normally go bottom corners but they all got saved so went top corners and the same. Even tried straight down the middle for one and again saved. Scoring 4 or 5 out of 5 in the shootouts no problem.