147 posts Has Potential To Be Special
o1YsPxT.jpg

Comments

• exercisebike
    edited November 3
    ZKLSIQz.jpg

19 April 2019 - 15:16

Leeds United’s Spanish wizard, Pablo Hernandez, stands over the penalty spot. Leeds have just been awarded a penalty against Wigan for a dubious handball on the line, and have a great chance to take the lead in this must-win game.

Hernandez hits the ball towards the bottom right, and it brushes the post on its way into the net. The Spaniard runs off towards the Kop in celebration, kissing his wrist as he goes.

Patrick Bamford adds a second goal a minute later, and Leeds comfortably beat the 10 men of Wigan 2-0.

VX3Ln5Q.jpg

22 April 2019 - 17:37

Patrick Bamford controls the ball and dribbles into the area, before being felled by Brentford defender Jeanvier. The Telegraph call it, “the clearest penalty you will ever see.” Bamford picks himself up, dusts himself off and slots the penalty. Leeds beat Brentford 1-0, and now only need 2 points from their last 2 games to seal promotion.

PTjXOLY.jpg

5 May 2019 - 13:50

Following last week’s 1-1 draw with Aston Villa - which included the incredible scenes of Bielsa allowing Villa to walk a goal in - Leeds need only one point from their trip to Ipswich to finally return to the Premier League. However, already relegated Ipswich are making Leeds work for it, and the score is 2-2 when Leeds are awarded a penalty in the 79th minute.

Kemar Roofe slips as he kicks the ball, and it smashes into the bar, bounces on the line, and bounces out. Everybody holds their breath. The referee blows his whistle and points to halfway; Leeds have the lead and are 10 minutes away from the Promised Land...
    Post edited by exercisebike on
  • exercisebike
    edited November 3
    Unfortunately, in reality, the three games above did not go as well as Leeds needed them to. Pablo missed the penalty, and Wigan managed to win 2-1, despite Leeds having 36 shots. Against Brentford, Keith Stroud didn’t award the penalty and Leeds lost 2-0. Finally, against Ipswich, Roofe’s slip meant his penalty went over the bar and the game ended 3-2 to the Championship’s bottom team. And we all know what happened with Derby in the playoffs...

In my alternate reality, Leeds beat Sheffield United to promotion (who then lost to Derby, who then lost to Aston Villa) and finally returned to the Premier League after 15 seasons away.

I decided to restart to utilise the new facescans, as well as those from the promoted teams (when they’re added). I’ve seen a few people here doing the same. I also thought things would be much more interesting in the Premier League.

Looking forward to getting started!
  • exercisebike
    edited November 12
    1LRu6Hl.jpg
    Leeds United 1-3 Manchester United

Klich (LUFC) - 45’
    Rashford (MUFC) - 53’
    James (MUFC) - 85’
    Matic (MUFC) - 90’

New Manchester United signing Daniel James - who had a Leeds medical in January - has come back to haunt the newly-promoted team, scoring a late winner and assisting the third goal in Manchester United’s friendly win over Leeds in Perth, Australia. Mateusz Klich had given Leeds the advantage at the end of the first half with a cool finish.
  • Ashy
    9889 posts League Winner
    Nice alternate reality story going on here, I look forward to it, Leeds United are a club close to me so I will be keeping a very close eye on how you do with them, a sleeping giant.

Pre-season not off to the best of starts but I bet that was a feisty game with United a big rival from the past
  • exercisebike
    Ashy wrote: »
    Nice alternate reality story going on here, I look forward to it, Leeds United are a club close to me so I will be keeping a very close eye on how you do with them, a sleeping giant.

Pre-season not off to the best of starts but I bet that was a feisty game with United a big rival from the past

They had 3 yellow cards, which is basically the equivalent of an all-in brawl on FIFA. I was happy with the game, as it was very even for 85 minutes and then we ran out of legs. Western Sydney Wanderers up next.
  • exercisebike
    edited November 12
    qUIrDoE.jpg
    Western Sydney 3-4 Leeds United

Meier (WSW) - 4’
    Costa (LUFC) - 17’
    Clarke (LUFC) - 22’
    Costa (LUFC) - 25’
    Duke (WSW) - 54’
    Duke (WSW) - 90’
    Bogusz (LUFC) - 90’

Western Sydney Wanderers’ first game at the newly constructed BankWest Stadium was an instant classic, although the A-League side won’t be happy with the result. Leeds had been 2 goals up at half-time, but Mitch Duke thought he had secured a draw with his stoppage-time header. However, Bogusz’ fine finish with the last kick of the game won the game for Leeds.
  • exercisebike
    edited November 12
    a3Lydhi.jpg
    Cagliari 2-3 Leeds United

Klich (LUFC) - 13’, 74’
    Simeone (CAG) - 45’
    Castro (CAG) - 48’
    Own goal (LUFC) - 60’

Mateusz Klich continued his hot form, scoring twice and forcing an own goal to bring his pre-season goal tally to three, as Leeds ramp up preparations for their return to the Premier League. Leeds will now return to England ahead of their season opener away to Bournemouth.
  • DB1512
    370 posts Sunday League Hero
    I like the concept of putting Leeds into the PL. A lot of goals in the friendlies, Klich looks like the man the danger comes from. Know him from his time in the Eredivisie at PEC and FC Twente, quit a creative midfielder but never much of a goalscorer, hope he can continue his scoringdrift.
  • I'm playing with Leeds on my career mode. Got them out of the Championship in my first season, finishing 2nd with 117pts due to the ridiculous points tally some teams are getting...
    I've just started in the prem & was given an £80m transfer budget. I've bought a few decent players & some promising youngsters
  • exercisebike
    DB1512 wrote: »
    I like the concept of putting Leeds into the PL. A lot of goals in the friendlies, Klich looks like the man the danger comes from. Know him from his time in the Eredivisie at PEC and FC Twente, quit a creative midfielder but never much of a goalscorer, hope he can continue his scoringdrift.

He’s had an interesting Leeds career - totally frozen out during his first season and loaned to the Eredivisie, and then played every single game under Bielsa. I’m playing him as an 8, but with instructions to get forward. I’m planning to post a more detailed tactical breakdown soon. Thanks for the comment!
  • exercisebike
    edited 12:28AM
    KBCCMQk.jpg

Leeds United Takeover Rumours Grow

Leeds United’s promotion to the Premier League has attracted worldwide interest, including in Qatar it seems, as Qatar Sports Investment (QSI) step up their interest in the English club.

Andrea Radrizzani (left) and Paris Saint-Germain president Nasser Al-Khelaifi (right - pictured above in 2013) are friends through their respective sports broadcasting companies Eleven Sports and BeIN Sports, which may help to expedite any potential takeover.

There also remains a possibility that Radrizzani may not sell all of his shares, and will retain a controlling stake at Leeds.