Make FIFA FUT a free, separate game

FalconFan
254 posts Sunday League Hero
edited November 2019
FIFA mobile is free...

It is more like FUT in many ways.

Maybe EA should adapt the free FUT play, fix the Career mode and only sell Career mode.

Expect people would probably buy more FIFA Points to make up the difference.

Comments

• SomeNextGuy
    4785 posts Big Money Move
    It is.
  • FalconFan
    It is.

No, you have to BUY FIFA to get to FUT.
  • Recoba
    4384 posts National Call-Up
    Servers would die.
  • FalconFan
    Recoba wrote: »
    Servers would die.

So no different than now... just more money in your pocket vice EAs...
  • Satch85
    1284 posts Professional
    That makes no sense from a business sense though, it’s there biggest attraction and earner, don’t get me wrong I’d love it to be free but it’ll never happen
  • truegunn3r
    13025 posts World Class
    edited November 2019
    FalconFan wrote: »
    It is.

Then change the title to “make FIFA a free game“. Also go on to other manufacturers forums and demand the same thing, ie, make COD a free game, make GTA a free game and so on
  • Kingchavez_152
    1605 posts Play-Off Hero
    Who would buy FIFA then? No
  • FalconFan
    edited November 2019
    Satch85 wrote: »
    That makes no sense from a business sense though, it’s there biggest attraction and earner, don’t get me wrong I’d love it to be free but it’ll never happen

One of the most popular games is “free”. Fortnite continues to make large amounts of money in a free model.
  • FalconFan
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    It is.

Then change the title to “make FIFA a free game“. Also go on to other manufacturers forums and demand the same thing, ie, make COD a free game, make GTA a free game and so on

No because FUT is a completely different beast than The other modes of FIFA.

And yes many people would still buy FIFA. They bought it before FUT and would continue to buy it if it were not so screwed up.
  • truegunn3r
    13025 posts World Class
    edited November 2019
    It is.

And yes many people would still buy FIFA. They bought it before FUT and would continue to buy it if it were not so screwed up.
    I’m confused. Are you talking about FUT which is a game mode in FIFA or FIFA itself. To answer your title question, @SomeNextGuy clearly said that FUT is already free but then you pointed out that FIFA isn’t. So are you demanding that FIFA should be free or FUT. If your asking FIFA to be free which is a video game then I am well within my right to tell you to change your thread title and to know whether you would demand the same thing from other game manufacturers. Just sounds to me that you’re being abit egotistic.

Btw, I have never heard anyone complaining about having to buy a video game before
  • FalconFan
    edited November 2019
    It is.

I’m confused. Are you talking about FUT which is a game mode in FIFA or FIFA itself. To answer your title, @SomeNextGuy clearly said that FUT is already free but then you pointed out that FIFA isn’t. So are you demanding FIFA to be free or FUT. If your demanding FIFA to be free which is a video game then I am well within my right to tell you to change your thread title and to know whether you would demand the same thing from other game manufacturers. Just sounds to me that your being abit egotistic.

I am saying FUT could be a stand alone game, free, just as Fortnite is and a few others. Making FUT more accessible would open it to more people and more possible FIFA point buyers.

You are well within your rights to ask for anything.

I am not asking for FIFA to be free, just FUT.

Again, FIFA mobile IS free with in App purchases. FIFA mobile is more along the FUT model in how it is set up.
  • truegunn3r
    13025 posts World Class
    edited November 2019
    It is.

I’m confused. Are you talking about FUT which is a game mode in FIFA or FIFA itself. To answer your title, @SomeNextGuy clearly said that FUT is already free but then you pointed out that FIFA isn’t. So are you demanding FIFA to be free or FUT. If your demanding FIFA to be free which is a video game then I am well within my right to tell you to change your thread title and to know whether you would demand the same thing from other game manufacturers. Just sounds to me that your being abit egotistic.

I am saying FUT could be a stand alone game, free, just as Fortnite is and a few others. Making FUT more accessible would open it to more people and more possible FIFA point buyers.

Again, FIFA mobile IS free with in App purchases. FIFA mobile is more along the FUT model in how it is set up.
    I have been on this forum since 2010 and I have never heard anyone complain that they can not play FUT because they have to buy FIFA.

Out of curiosity, you don’t happen to be that kid who’s just got told by his parents he won’t be getting FIFA 20 for Christmas because it’s too expensive?
  • GK93
    891 posts Professional
    I think what he's trying to say-is in comparison to PES- they release myclub after a while as a free thing, separate to the game, ea could do the same with fut, knowing it'd still pour in the revenue
  • truegunn3r
    13025 posts World Class
    edited November 2019
    GK93 wrote: »
    I think what he's trying to say-is in comparison to PES- they release myclub after a while as a free thing, separate to the game, ea could do the same with fut, knowing it'd still pour in the revenue
    The amount of money EA are making with s*** servers, imagine what it’ll be like if they made the game free. Less money coming in but increased traffic. Crazy lags, account hacking, unlimited auto-bots and coin buying because banned account holders can just make new accounts as it’s free and you’ll never be able to snipe Hunter cards ever again. I’d rather pay £50 and avoid all of that.
  • Recoba
    4384 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2019
    Recoba wrote: »
    Servers would die.

So no different than now... just more money in your pocket vice EAs...

They could double the revenue I agree.

Just shows how incompetent they are...
  • FalconFan
    edited November 2019
    It is.

I have been on this forum since 2010 and I have never heard anyone complain that they can not play FUT because they have to buy FIFA.

Out of curiosity, you don’t happen to be that kid who’s just got told by his parents he won’t be getting FIFA 20 for Christmas because it’s too expensive?

No, the adult that bought PES 20 for my kid a he loves it. He has read the nightmare of FIFA career mode and glad to avoid FIFA.

I play FUT, but refuse to pay for such a poorly finished game. 19 was bad enough, but why pay for the right to be the test subjects as they work it out?

If the game were free, less room to complain as they worked things out I suppose. I enjoyed FUT, not enough to throw a single dollar to play it.