Does geo filtering work in rivals / champs?

RUS_PreDaToR
3300 posts National Call-Up
Title

Comments

• Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    On the netduma? Yes it does, you just set the ring to either Ireland/Holland/Germany, depending on what server you want to play on.
  • RUS_PreDaToR
    Retro_G wrote: »
    On the netduma? Yes it does, you just set the ring to either Ireland/Holland/Germany, depending on what server you want to play on.

Im looking to get one of the netgear gaming routers. Is there a server in uk?
  • Retro_G

No server in the UK, Ireland/Holland would give you the lowest ping, depending on where you're in UK.
  • RUS_PreDaToR

No server in the UK, Ireland/Holland would give you the lowest ping, depending on where you're in UK.

Okay cheers for that.
  • Theomanny
    1975 posts Fans' Favourite
    Anyone know any good netduma routers that geo filters between £70-150?
  • Retro_G
    Theomanny wrote: »

Netduma R1 has all the software features of Nighthawk. Better wi-fi on the nighthawk. All software updates come out first, are tested on the Netduma R1. If you're going to use a ethernet cable, you should be able to pick up the netduma R1 cheap.
  • Theomanny
    1975 posts Fans' Favourite
    Theomanny wrote: »

Netduma R1 has all the software features of Nighthawk. Better wi-fi on the nighthawk. All software updates come out first, are tested on the Netduma R1. If you're going to use a ethernet cable, you should be able to pick up the netduma R1 cheap.

Thanks man 👍🏿
  • RUS_PreDaToR
    @Retro_G btw was it you that was having problems with virgin hub? Did the new router make a difference with slow game play response?
  • Retro_G
    @Retro_G btw was it you that was having problems with virgin hub? Did the new router make a difference with slow game play response?

Nope, my connection is stable. I run tests regularly on DSL reports. I still have inconsistent gameplay in Fifa during peak hours. I find the Irish server fairly good though, my ping is low on that server.
  • NornIron
    13799 posts Has That Special Something
    edited November 2019
    Ive noticed on my tablet a free vpn ''Windscribe'' traceroute to the server in Holland or Germany is shorter than my original one. The ping is higher but I dont think ping is my Problem as I get 5 bars every match. And basically every match is one sided delay.
    The Router im using can't use vpn on it Archer vr600 no difference to the BT smart hub.
    Does anyone know the ip of the irish server?
  • RUS_PreDaToR
    Just got the nighthawk router, don't really notice much difference the game play is shocking even on 20 ping. Funny note i played on french and irish server and the french one was much better 🤣
  • Str8hii
    1749 posts Play-Off Hero
    No
  • Dunkirk
    390 posts Sunday League Hero
    You can get the best and most expensive router on the market, won’t make a jot of difference if the game itself is a shambolic broken mess.
  • RUS_PreDaToR
    Dunkirk wrote: »
    You can get the best and most expensive router on the market, won’t make a jot of difference if the game itself is a shambolic broken mess.

Im starting to regret buying it 🤣. But then again why do opponents always play like they have zero delay. And how do pros go 30-0 etc.
  • NornIron

Im starting to regret buying it 🤣. But then again why do opponents always play like they have zero delay. And how do pros go 30-0 etc.

If you have a low ping you should try a vpn pretty sure it works on that router.
  • RUS_PreDaToR
    NornIron wrote: »

If you have a low ping you should try a vpn pretty sure it works on that router.

Can you tell me how that works?
  • Dunkirk
    390 posts Sunday League Hero

the game gives a pathetic one sided delay to people with better internet connections, hence why I always lose to horrendous players because they are 2 seconds ahead of me 😂 what a sh!tshow this company is
  • KurtyH
    400 posts Sunday League Hero

Account related bias is why people accounts always finish around the same wins whoever is in control of the pad. A pro on your account wont finish much if any higher than you. EA knows who's account is a pro or streamer etc.
  • NornIron

Im not even sure someone else might, but some routers have a setting that allows it so you can use it on xbox/ps.
    It adds latency but can shorten the routes that the servers take and i think that is the problem becuase it works for some and not others and could explain the one sided delay.
  • RUS_PreDaToR

Im not even sure someone else might, but some routers have a setting that allows it so you can use it on xbox/ps.
    It adds latency but can shorten the routes that the servers take and i think that is the problem becuase it works for some and not others and could explain the one sided delay.

Ohh right, how do i find the right ip to set it too tho 😂.
  • NornIron
    edited November 2019
    Wireless tablet no vpn.
    Dutch server.
    IMG-20191102-205520.jpg
  • NornIron
    edited November 2019
    Wireless tablet free vpn. Higher ping but less routes.
    IMG-20191024-224004.jpg[/url]
  • RUS_PreDaToR
    Cheers mate, will give it a go