Let’s talk about WL games (amount)

1
FCBlunt
3123 posts National Call-Up
30 games.

We know that match halfs last 6 minutes, but adding all the time eaters, a game usually lasts between 15-20min.
So..

30x20(min)
600/60(min)
10 ❤️❤️❤️❤️ hours.
That’s 3,3 hours a day across the weekend.
Feel free to call me out on the math if I messed it up

What I suggest is to add another day, so people with lives can actually finish the damn games. I never finished all 30, I just don’t have the time or energy to play so many games a day.

It’s not like an imitation of any big cup/league IRL either. Oh grats, you qualified for the UCL. We’ll fill 10 games into your schedule tomorrow.
Happy hunting.

Look I understand not everyone can go 30-0, but adding a day to WL wouldn’t change that.


Tl;dr - I rant about 30 games in 3 days, give us 4 days ❤️❤️❤️❤️



What’s your thoughts? Are you okay with the current system or nah?

Comments

  • rankon.
    2259 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think it’s far more reasonable than 40 was. 3-4 hours a day is probably about what I play, and most gamers can manage that over a weekend.

    I feel 25 would probably be the perfect amount, though.
  • Jdizzle
    3161 posts National Call-Up
    I remember when it was 40, good god.
  • yosef167
    6380 posts Big Money Move
    rankon. wrote: »
    I think it’s far more reasonable than 40 was. 3-4 hours a day is probably about what I play, and most gamers can manage that over a weekend.

    I feel 25 would probably be the perfect amount, though.

    30 is fine but with extra day
    here we have parents workers
    me personally i work.. study a course also studying in univirsity
    not all of us are gamers who sit all day on fifa
    think extra day would make it alot softer for alot of people
  • rankon.
    2259 posts Fans' Favourite
    yosef167 wrote: »
    rankon. wrote: »
    I think it’s far more reasonable than 40 was. 3-4 hours a day is probably about what I play, and most gamers can manage that over a weekend.

    I feel 25 would probably be the perfect amount, though.

    30 is fine but with extra day
    here we have parents workers
    me personally i work.. study a course also studying in univirsity
    not all of us are gamers who sit all day on fifa
    think extra day would make it alot softer for alot of people
    3-4 hours a day is not all day, mate. I also study and have a full-time job.
  • FCBlunt
    3123 posts National Call-Up
    I think 30 games over 4 days is perfect personally. Then adjust objectives that are rivals only to be in futchamps and quality of life is much better.

    Great idea with the objectives.
  • FCBlunt
    3123 posts National Call-Up
    rankon. wrote: »
    yosef167 wrote: »
    rankon. wrote: »
    I think it’s far more reasonable than 40 was. 3-4 hours a day is probably about what I play, and most gamers can manage that over a weekend.

    I feel 25 would probably be the perfect amount, though.

    30 is fine but with extra day
    here we have parents workers
    me personally i work.. study a course also studying in univirsity
    not all of us are gamers who sit all day on fifa
    think extra day would make it alot softer for alot of people
    3-4 hours a day is not all day, mate. I also study and have a full-time job.

    I don’t ever play 3-4 hours of Fifa. I play for an hour and a half tops.

    I might just be getting old, if this is the standard of FUT.
  • HocTocHai
    545 posts An Exciting Prospect
    #4DFC
  • rankon.
    2259 posts Fans' Favourite
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    rankon. wrote: »
    yosef167 wrote: »
    rankon. wrote: »
    I think it’s far more reasonable than 40 was. 3-4 hours a day is probably about what I play, and most gamers can manage that over a weekend.

    I feel 25 would probably be the perfect amount, though.

    30 is fine but with extra day
    here we have parents workers
    me personally i work.. study a course also studying in univirsity
    not all of us are gamers who sit all day on fifa
    think extra day would make it alot softer for alot of people
    3-4 hours a day is not all day, mate. I also study and have a full-time job.

    I don’t ever play 3-4 hours of Fifa. I play for an hour and a half tops.

    I might just be getting old, if this is the standard of FUT.

    Maybe lol. I just don't feel a couple of hours in the morning and a couple in the evening is that much, personally.
  • FCBlunt
    3123 posts National Call-Up
    rankon. wrote: »
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    rankon. wrote: »
    yosef167 wrote: »
    rankon. wrote: »
    I think it’s far more reasonable than 40 was. 3-4 hours a day is probably about what I play, and most gamers can manage that over a weekend.

    I feel 25 would probably be the perfect amount, though.

    30 is fine but with extra day
    here we have parents workers
    me personally i work.. study a course also studying in univirsity
    not all of us are gamers who sit all day on fifa
    think extra day would make it alot softer for alot of people
    3-4 hours a day is not all day, mate. I also study and have a full-time job.

    I don’t ever play 3-4 hours of Fifa. I play for an hour and a half tops.

    I might just be getting old, if this is the standard of FUT.

    Maybe lol. I just don't feel a couple of hours in the morning and a couple in the evening is that much, personally.

    I think it’s more about people using their weekends for friends, family, parties, gfs, etc.

    So 3 hours to some are more valuable to their schedule than others. 10 hours can quickly be a lot across the weekend if you have plans.
  • DR1
    641 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Adding an extra day would be great. Even better to just make it possible throughout the entire week. Can't play every second weekend which sucks
  • Seandimes
    3453 posts National Call-Up
    I'm okay with it being 30 games in 3 days. 40 games was too much, but 30 is manageable if you plan ahead a bit.
    I don't always manage all 30 games, either cause I don't have the time or the motivation, but that will always be the case
  • Verdi
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    No, the entire concept of playing a set number of games within a certain time frame is stupid. Division rivals should be the competitive mode with better rewards and a visible leaderboard that shows your rank but no record. That win/loss record should be removed from the game.

    It would be a far healthier experience for everyone.
  • FCBlunt
    3123 posts National Call-Up
    Verdi wrote: »
    No, the entire concept of playing a set number of games within a certain time frame is stupid. Division rivals should be the competitive mode with better rewards and a visible leaderboard that shows your rank but no record. That win/loss record should be removed from the game.

    It would be a far healthier experience for everyone.

    That’s another take on it that I can get behind.

    FUT have become overly competetive.
  • Roc_Xel
    1625 posts Play-Off Hero
    Posted the exact same last year when one of the WL was frozen for some time and they made play continue on the Monday. I finally could like 20 games. Parent of two and working 60 hours a week or more, it's litterally impossible to play 30 games in 3 days.

    I don't see what they would lose in making 4 days instead of 3, lots of people would benefit from that. Those who don't, it won't change anything for them, litterally. Those who do, well good for them. Win-win situation imo. Adding either Thursday or Monday would just be so much better.
  • Metab0lic
    435 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'd love the Monday evening too, and the suggestion above of any objective that says "in rivals wins" needs to be "in rivals or champs wins", that would level it out so well for me.
  • gorillabear
    1055 posts Professional
    Verdi wrote: »
    No, the entire concept of playing a set number of games within a certain time frame is stupid. Division rivals should be the competitive mode with better rewards and a visible leaderboard that shows your rank but no record. That win/loss record should be removed from the game.

    It would be a far healthier experience for everyone.

    Something like this would be great.

    Also for anyone who works full time on friday, you have friday night to sunday night to complete all games. So basically 48 hours. Assuming 8 hours of sleep a night that's 32 hours awake during the weekend. 10 hours to play WL is then 1/3 of the entire weekend, assuming no other plans (which usually there is always something).

    So 1/3 of people's free time on their days off for a couple of packs with likely nothing good in them anyway. Does any other game ask for that much?
  • I would prefer it through out the week , so I could jump in and out of the mode as I please. Would probably be less strain on the servers as well.
  • dabeags
    415 posts Sunday League Hero
    I don't understand why they can't just change the name from Weekend League to something like Champions League and run it concurrently with Rivals as a week long event.

    I'm with the others, as a working adult with a family there is zero chance I will ever have time on the weekends to play 30 games. I don't even play 30 games in an entire week, let alone in 3 days over a weekend.
  • The_Faries_76
    658 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I like the concept of a weekend league, but it it too time consuming.
    20mins per game and it's difficult to play more than two in a row, I find I do better taking a break for 10 or 15 mins every couple of games. So realistically I'm playing 2 games per hour between Friday evening and Sunday evening, extending to 9pm UK time on Monday, would be nice.
  • Ishibum
    15305 posts World Class
    Been saying to go four days since WL was introduced. Just makes so much more sense. Lessens the pressure on folk who feel they need to hit the 30, caters for folk who work jobs that incorporate the weekend days (you'll have a lot of Tuesday-Saturday shift folk), and keeps the 'engagement' strong on what would normally be a bit of a dead day for EA.
  • Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move
    rankon. wrote: »
    yosef167 wrote: »
    rankon. wrote: »
    I think it’s far more reasonable than 40 was. 3-4 hours a day is probably about what I play, and most gamers can manage that over a weekend.

    I feel 25 would probably be the perfect amount, though.

    30 is fine but with extra day
    here we have parents workers
    me personally i work.. study a course also studying in univirsity
    not all of us are gamers who sit all day on fifa
    think extra day would make it alot softer for alot of people
    3-4 hours a day is not all day, mate. I also study and have a full-time job.

    It is.

    You're essentially dedicating all of your free time to fifa.

    The problem with games in general now is that they require too much time and dedication.

    In the past you can get a game play it, leave it, come back to it. So somedays playing for hours is fine then you can play it occasionally for a while.

    With the state of gaming particularly online now, is you have daily objectives and weekly objectives and scores or milestones to meet which require a minimum of several hours playing every day all week all month.

    So you're saying having to play 4 hours a day of one game isn't alot. But you also have GTA or Red Dead that you have to play to do your objectives and keep up to date.

    These such games it's less of "oh I'm playing weekend league for the fun of it" and more "omg i HAVE to play weekend league because i NEED the rewards else i won't have a good team and i CANT play the game"

    Then where do you fit in gameplay for *fun* into that?? Playing a shooter like overwatch apex r6 or whatever that you don't have to desperately grind out rewarss for.

    Then factor in actual life, real life hobbies or socialising and keepig fit and healthy, family time.

    This was why time limit Squad Battles actually sucked.



    Ideally games need a balance, but it's almost double edged...
    A tonne of content means you have options to cherry pick stuff you want, but could also lead to FOMO.

    For example I'm not bothering with icon swaps, but I'm going for Özil. Not overly ideal but he could kinda fit my team and the objectives aren't too out of the way.
  • InformCollector
    1851 posts Fans' Favourite
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    30 games.

    We know that match halfs last 6 minutes, but adding all the time eaters, a game usually lasts between 15-20min.
    So..

    30x20(min)
    600/60(min)
    10 **** hours.
    That’s 3,3 hours a day across the weekend.
    Feel free to call me out on the math if I messed it up

    What I suggest is to add another day, so people with lives can actually finish the damn games. I never finished all 30, I just don’t have the time or energy to play so many games a day.

    It’s not like an imitation of any big cup/league IRL either. Oh grats, you qualified for the UCL. We’ll fill 10 games into your schedule tomorrow.
    Happy hunting.

    Look I understand not everyone can go 30-0, but adding a day to WL wouldn’t change that.


    Tl;dr - I rant about 30 games in 3 days, give us 4 days ****



    What’s your thoughts? Are you okay with the current system or nah?

    In fairness they listened when we moaned about 40 games.

    Now it's 30. That is 10 Games Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
    Reasonable.

    Also it's the most competitive mode in Fifa so you are either wanting to play it and do well or don't have time for it.
  • 30 is fine. I can finish that in about 7 hours of pure gameplay considering the amount of quits I get. I have seen people finishing it in 4 hours on a sunday evening (including breaks and everything).

    Wl got other problems such as not being able to recover a loss so every single game got way too much importance. Or a win against a pro being worth as much as a win against little johnny down the road who you smash 10-0 which gives great incentive to dodge all good players. Or there not being a dc protection (lets say you dc, the game pauses and you got that one pause of 30/40secs to rejoin. Most people somehow dc without their internet or anything dropping).

    The amount of games isn't really a problem compared to those.
  • FCBlunt
    3123 posts National Call-Up
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    30 games.

    We know that match halfs last 6 minutes, but adding all the time eaters, a game usually lasts between 15-20min.
    So..

    30x20(min)
    600/60(min)
    10 **** hours.
    That’s 3,3 hours a day across the weekend.
    Feel free to call me out on the math if I messed it up

    What I suggest is to add another day, so people with lives can actually finish the damn games. I never finished all 30, I just don’t have the time or energy to play so many games a day.

    It’s not like an imitation of any big cup/league IRL either. Oh grats, you qualified for the UCL. We’ll fill 10 games into your schedule tomorrow.
    Happy hunting.

    Look I understand not everyone can go 30-0, but adding a day to WL wouldn’t change that.


    Tl;dr - I rant about 30 games in 3 days, give us 4 days ****



    What’s your thoughts? Are you okay with the current system or nah?

    In fairness they listened when we moaned about 40 games.

    Now it's 30. That is 10 Games Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
    Reasonable.

    Also it's the most competitive mode in Fifa so you are either wanting to play it and do well or don't have time for it.
    Orison wrote: »
    30 is fine. I can finish that in about 7 hours of pure gameplay considering the amount of quits I get. I have seen people finishing it in 4 hours on a sunday evening (including breaks and everything).

    Wl got other problems such as not being able to recover a loss so every single game got way too much importance. Or a win against a pro being worth as much as a win against little johnny down the road who you smash 10-0 which gives great incentive to dodge all good players. Or there not being a dc protection (lets say you dc, the game pauses and you got that one pause of 30/40secs to rejoin. Most people somehow dc without their internet or anything dropping).

    The amount of games isn't really a problem compared to those.

    I think the other people who replied to the thread really shows that, there’s reason to extend the WL.

    We currently have a majority of people in this thread saying it’s too much.

    Sure, 30 games isn’t much when you have no responsebilities in your life. We’re however some people that have stuff to do, places to be, people to see. So it would benefit us, and do no harm to your game at all.

    And I agree, there’s a lot of issues with WL, Orison. I just don’t see them fixing them without doing a major rework of the mode itself.
    So while they’re at that, they can add a day to please everyone who lacks time.

    Then we’re all happy, yeah?
  • Jdizzle wrote: »
    I remember when it was 40, good god.

    And to even get into the weekend to play 40 games , ya had to win 4 in a row in the dkt which was hard sometimes , kids these days have it easy
  • Stejens
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I play 60 games. 10 on each per day. No problems. I'm.sure just 30 is fine.
  • Seandimes
    3453 posts National Call-Up
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    30 games.

    We know that match halfs last 6 minutes, but adding all the time eaters, a game usually lasts between 15-20min.
    So..

    30x20(min)
    600/60(min)
    10 **** hours.
    That’s 3,3 hours a day across the weekend.
    Feel free to call me out on the math if I messed it up

    What I suggest is to add another day, so people with lives can actually finish the damn games. I never finished all 30, I just don’t have the time or energy to play so many games a day.

    It’s not like an imitation of any big cup/league IRL either. Oh grats, you qualified for the UCL. We’ll fill 10 games into your schedule tomorrow.
    Happy hunting.

    Look I understand not everyone can go 30-0, but adding a day to WL wouldn’t change that.


    Tl;dr - I rant about 30 games in 3 days, give us 4 days ****



    What’s your thoughts? Are you okay with the current system or nah?

    In fairness they listened when we moaned about 40 games.

    Now it's 30. That is 10 Games Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
    Reasonable.

    Also it's the most competitive mode in Fifa so you are either wanting to play it and do well or don't have time for it.
    Orison wrote: »
    30 is fine. I can finish that in about 7 hours of pure gameplay considering the amount of quits I get. I have seen people finishing it in 4 hours on a sunday evening (including breaks and everything).

    Wl got other problems such as not being able to recover a loss so every single game got way too much importance. Or a win against a pro being worth as much as a win against little johnny down the road who you smash 10-0 which gives great incentive to dodge all good players. Or there not being a dc protection (lets say you dc, the game pauses and you got that one pause of 30/40secs to rejoin. Most people somehow dc without their internet or anything dropping).

    The amount of games isn't really a problem compared to those.

    I think the other people who replied to the thread really shows that, there’s reason to extend the WL.

    We currently have a majority of people in this thread saying it’s too much.

    Sure, 30 games isn’t much when you have no responsebilities in your life. We’re however some people that have stuff to do, places to be, people to see. So it would benefit us, and do no harm to your game at all.

    And I agree, there’s a lot of issues with WL, Orison. I just don’t see them fixing them without doing a major rework of the mode itself.
    So while they’re at that, they can add a day to please everyone who lacks time.

    Then we’re all happy, yeah?

    One argument to not extend it is matchmaking. Leaving the obvious flaws with the current matchmaking aside. Especially for the Elite players, it would be hard to find equal opponents, the longer the WL is stretched out.
  • FCBlunt
    3123 posts National Call-Up
    Triplee123 wrote: »
    Jdizzle wrote: »
    I remember when it was 40, good god.

    And to even get into the weekend to play 40 games , ya had to win 4 in a row in the dkt which was hard sometimes , kids these days have it easy

    Baah, I think a lot of us here were around then.

    It doesn’t change potential 10 hours of gameplay each weekend is ridiculous to me.
  • FCBlunt
    3123 posts National Call-Up
    Seandimes wrote: »
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    30 games.

    We know that match halfs last 6 minutes, but adding all the time eaters, a game usually lasts between 15-20min.
    So..

    30x20(min)
    600/60(min)
    10 **** hours.
    That’s 3,3 hours a day across the weekend.
    Feel free to call me out on the math if I messed it up

    What I suggest is to add another day, so people with lives can actually finish the damn games. I never finished all 30, I just don’t have the time or energy to play so many games a day.

    It’s not like an imitation of any big cup/league IRL either. Oh grats, you qualified for the UCL. We’ll fill 10 games into your schedule tomorrow.
    Happy hunting.

    Look I understand not everyone can go 30-0, but adding a day to WL wouldn’t change that.


    Tl;dr - I rant about 30 games in 3 days, give us 4 days ****



    What’s your thoughts? Are you okay with the current system or nah?

    In fairness they listened when we moaned about 40 games.

    Now it's 30. That is 10 Games Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
    Reasonable.

    Also it's the most competitive mode in Fifa so you are either wanting to play it and do well or don't have time for it.
    Orison wrote: »
    30 is fine. I can finish that in about 7 hours of pure gameplay considering the amount of quits I get. I have seen people finishing it in 4 hours on a sunday evening (including breaks and everything).

    Wl got other problems such as not being able to recover a loss so every single game got way too much importance. Or a win against a pro being worth as much as a win against little johnny down the road who you smash 10-0 which gives great incentive to dodge all good players. Or there not being a dc protection (lets say you dc, the game pauses and you got that one pause of 30/40secs to rejoin. Most people somehow dc without their internet or anything dropping).

    The amount of games isn't really a problem compared to those.

    I think the other people who replied to the thread really shows that, there’s reason to extend the WL.

    We currently have a majority of people in this thread saying it’s too much.

    Sure, 30 games isn’t much when you have no responsebilities in your life. We’re however some people that have stuff to do, places to be, people to see. So it would benefit us, and do no harm to your game at all.

    And I agree, there’s a lot of issues with WL, Orison. I just don’t see them fixing them without doing a major rework of the mode itself.
    So while they’re at that, they can add a day to please everyone who lacks time.

    Then we’re all happy, yeah?

    One argument to not extend it is matchmaking. Leaving the obvious flaws with the current matchmaking aside. Especially for the Elite players, it would be hard to find equal opponents, the longer the WL is stretched out.

    That’s a great arguement.

    It’s obviously something that needs to get sorted. The pros have been matchfixing since last year, hell if I know it haven’t been happening all throughout WL’s life.
    Maybe it’s just time to completely reinvent WL.

    EA haven’t responded to the complaints about this? Have they?
Sign In or Register to comment.