Bring icon SBC's back EA

1
lolowalsh
306 posts An Exciting Prospect
Bring icon SBC's and limit them to only moment versions. I dont see how can people will afford the top tier icons this year unless they are castro or Bateson.

Base Eusebio is already 4.5 mill and this is only the base version, please EA let us use our untradables for something that we can grind for in the long term. I'm not saying release moment R9 in February but at least let's us get grind towards good mid tier icons without being limited.

By this time last year we could grind towards Makelele, Rio and Larsson all were prime versions, this year we are getting limited to SBC fodders icons and having to deal with the limited amount of tokens they are giving us.

Comments

  • Pooter
    4802 posts Big Money Move
    Nope, the market was thrash when they brought them out. And they said themselves that the value per sbc was even higher than the card from the market
  • AJS-17
    1135 posts Professional
    They said there won't be icon sbcs only icon upgrade ones for a guaranteed random base icon etc. They aren't gonna change their mind now mate so no point complaining
  • Hibee
    12409 posts Has That Special Something
    I agree, but its not happening unfortunately.
  • Pooter
    4802 posts Big Money Move
    I agree that these TIFO and Kit sbc should stop, because no one in their right sense is going to do that, unless we were going to get something of real value. When I saw the TIFO one last night, I just said........."Meh!!" what a big let down
  • hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class
    Pooter wrote: »
    Nope, the market was thrash when they brought them out. And they said themselves that the value per sbc was even higher than the card from the market

    The values were not higher on most. It was only the ultra primes whose sbcs were released too soon, like Zanetti. His card had barely been in packs so the idiot that made his sbc thought his price at that time was his true market rate.

    This is a case of EA making something up to justify their change. The reality is they dont know how to have icon sbcs with icon swaps.
  • hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class
    AJS-17 wrote: »
    They said there won't be icon sbcs only icon upgrade ones for a guaranteed random base icon etc. They aren't gonna change their mind now mate so no point complaining

    They've gone back on themselves multiple times in the past.
  • AJS-17
    1135 posts Professional
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    AJS-17 wrote: »
    They said there won't be icon sbcs only icon upgrade ones for a guaranteed random base icon etc. They aren't gonna change their mind now mate so no point complaining

    They've gone back on themselves multiple times in the past.

    like when?
  • lolowalsh
    306 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Pooter wrote: »
    Nope, the market was thrash when they brought them out. And they said themselves that the value per sbc was even higher than the card from the market

    Then how people are going to afford the prime icons? Last year moment R9 was extinct this year prime icons will be extinct as well.

    Look at the pack weight of baby icons they are hardly ever packed so there wont be any realistic way to get your favourite icons unless you drop 5 mill fifa points.

    Last year prime gullit SBC was 3 mill to do this year his price will never ever come close to 3 mill even when the game dies in September.
  • Futfanatic
    15221 posts World Class
    AJS-17 wrote: »
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    AJS-17 wrote: »
    They said there won't be icon sbcs only icon upgrade ones for a guaranteed random base icon etc. They aren't gonna change their mind now mate so no point complaining

    They've gone back on themselves multiple times in the past.

    like when?

    Like when they advertised prime icons as the best version of a player and... well you know the rest.
  • Mrhey31
    2184 posts Fans' Favourite
    AJS-17 wrote: »
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    AJS-17 wrote: »
    They said there won't be icon sbcs only icon upgrade ones for a guaranteed random base icon etc. They aren't gonna change their mind now mate so no point complaining

    They've gone back on themselves multiple times in the past.

    like when?

    Like when they said that Prime icons were the highest possible icon.
  • AJS-17
    1135 posts Professional
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    AJS-17 wrote: »
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    AJS-17 wrote: »
    They said there won't be icon sbcs only icon upgrade ones for a guaranteed random base icon etc. They aren't gonna change their mind now mate so no point complaining

    They've gone back on themselves multiple times in the past.

    like when?

    Like when they advertised prime icons as the best version of a player and... well you know the rest.

    People assumed they were the best,,, but yeah I get what you mean
  • MuzzaLUFC
    1472 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pooter wrote: »
    I agree that these TIFO and Kit sbc should stop, because no one in their right sense is going to do that, unless we were going to get something of real value. When I saw the TIFO one last night, I just said........."Meh!!" what a big let down

    Wrong.

    I love the customization part of FUT and the Kit SBC’s, I’ll genuinely do them all. Just because you don’t like them doesn’t mean you speak for everyone...
  • Futfanatic
    15221 posts World Class
    AJS-17 wrote: »
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    AJS-17 wrote: »
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    AJS-17 wrote: »
    They said there won't be icon sbcs only icon upgrade ones for a guaranteed random base icon etc. They aren't gonna change their mind now mate so no point complaining

    They've gone back on themselves multiple times in the past.

    like when?

    Like when they advertised prime icons as the best version of a player and... well you know the rest.

    People assumed they were the best,,, but yeah I get what you mean

    Yeah they really tricked us by using words as "prime" "best version" "highest version". Shame on us.
  • Blackpoolmonster
    4382 posts National Call-Up
    MuzzaLUFC wrote: »
    Pooter wrote: »
    I agree that these TIFO and Kit sbc should stop, because no one in their right sense is going to do that, unless we were going to get something of real value. When I saw the TIFO one last night, I just said........."Meh!!" what a big let down

    Wrong.

    I love the customization part of FUT and the Kit SBC’s, I’ll genuinely do them all. Just because you don’t like them doesn’t mean you speak for everyone...

    Sad, easily pleased players like yourself are the reason the game is trash. Bet you do 12k a week on points as well.
  • hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class
    AJS-17 wrote: »
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    AJS-17 wrote: »
    They said there won't be icon sbcs only icon upgrade ones for a guaranteed random base icon etc. They aren't gonna change their mind now mate so no point complaining

    They've gone back on themselves multiple times in the past.

    like when?

    There have been times were they say they arent going to do something or change how they are doing something based on community feedback. It has happened. I would have to go dig to find it and dont have time right now.
  • Grezzerk
    1173 posts Professional
    lolowalsh wrote: »
    Pooter wrote: »
    Nope, the market was thrash when they brought them out. And they said themselves that the value per sbc was even higher than the card from the market

    Then how people are going to afford the prime icons? Last year moment R9 was extinct this year prime icons will be extinct as well.

    Look at the pack weight of baby icons they are hardly ever packed so there wont be any realistic way to get your favourite icons unless you drop 5 mill fifa points.

    Last year prime gullit SBC was 3 mill to do this year his price will never ever come close to 3 mill even when the game dies in September.

    How on earth can you say all prime icons are going to be extinct this year. There actually going to be packed even more this year as base and mid versions are being took out packs so if you pack an icon it’s going to be a prime or prime moments when ever they released. The absolute best icons should be really hard to obtain, what would be the point if every one of them was easy to get and everyone could get them.

    Base icons are hardly ever packed? I’ve seen countless posts on here about people packing them and this is only a small percentage of the player base so I’d argue there being packed even more than last year. I got my first one after a couple weeks or so.
  • AJS-17
    1135 posts Professional
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    AJS-17 wrote: »
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    AJS-17 wrote: »
    They said there won't be icon sbcs only icon upgrade ones for a guaranteed random base icon etc. They aren't gonna change their mind now mate so no point complaining

    They've gone back on themselves multiple times in the past.

    like when?

    There have been times were they say they arent going to do something or change how they are doing something based on community feedback. It has happened. I would have to go dig to find it and dont have time right now.

    No need man but I really don't think they will do icon sbcs along side swaps
  • XxNevermindxX
    432 posts Sunday League Hero
    MuzzaLUFC wrote: »
    Pooter wrote: »
    I agree that these TIFO and Kit sbc should stop, because no one in their right sense is going to do that, unless we were going to get something of real value. When I saw the TIFO one last night, I just said........."Meh!!" what a big let down

    Wrong.

    I love the customization part of FUT and the Kit SBC’s, I’ll genuinely do them all. Just because you don’t like them doesn’t mean you speak for everyone...

    Sad, easily pleased players like yourself are the reason the game is trash. Bet you do 12k a week on points as well.

    I also like the customization options and have not spent any FP. Bring on another stupid assumption
  • AJS-17
    1135 posts Professional
    MuzzaLUFC wrote: »
    Pooter wrote: »
    I agree that these TIFO and Kit sbc should stop, because no one in their right sense is going to do that, unless we were going to get something of real value. When I saw the TIFO one last night, I just said........."Meh!!" what a big let down

    Wrong.

    I love the customization part of FUT and the Kit SBC’s, I’ll genuinely do them all. Just because you don’t like them doesn’t mean you speak for everyone...

    Sad, easily pleased players like yourself are the reason the game is trash. Bet you do 12k a week on points as well.

    I also like the customization options and have not spent any FP. Bring on another stupid assumption

    I like the customisation options too, badge and kit thread on here in the only decent thread which doesn't involve people slating each other and petty arguing haha
  • MuzzaLUFC
    1472 posts Play-Off Hero
    MuzzaLUFC wrote: »
    Pooter wrote: »
    I agree that these TIFO and Kit sbc should stop, because no one in their right sense is going to do that, unless we were going to get something of real value. When I saw the TIFO one last night, I just said........."Meh!!" what a big let down

    Wrong.

    I love the customization part of FUT and the Kit SBC’s, I’ll genuinely do them all. Just because you don’t like them doesn’t mean you speak for everyone...

    Sad, easily pleased players like yourself are the reason the game is trash. Bet you do 12k a week on points as well.

    I haven’t spent a single penny on Fifa points but thanks for your assumption, you judgemental but awfully wrong piece of trash.

    @Blackpoolmonster
  • Knowlesdinho
    13363 posts Has That Special Something
    MuzzaLUFC wrote: »
    MuzzaLUFC wrote: »
    Pooter wrote: »
    I agree that these TIFO and Kit sbc should stop, because no one in their right sense is going to do that, unless we were going to get something of real value. When I saw the TIFO one last night, I just said........."Meh!!" what a big let down

    Wrong.

    I love the customization part of FUT and the Kit SBC’s, I’ll genuinely do them all. Just because you don’t like them doesn’t mean you speak for everyone...

    Sad, easily pleased players like yourself are the reason the game is trash. Bet you do 12k a week on points as well.

    I haven’t spent a single penny on Fifa points but thanks for your assumption, you judgemental but awfully wrong piece of trash.

    @Blackpoolmonster

    giphy.gif
  • MuzzaLUFC
    1472 posts Play-Off Hero
    MuzzaLUFC wrote: »
    MuzzaLUFC wrote: »
    Pooter wrote: »
    I agree that these TIFO and Kit sbc should stop, because no one in their right sense is going to do that, unless we were going to get something of real value. When I saw the TIFO one last night, I just said........."Meh!!" what a big let down

    Wrong.

    I love the customization part of FUT and the Kit SBC’s, I’ll genuinely do them all. Just because you don’t like them doesn’t mean you speak for everyone...

    Sad, easily pleased players like yourself are the reason the game is trash. Bet you do 12k a week on points as well.

    I haven’t spent a single penny on Fifa points but thanks for your assumption, you judgemental but awfully wrong piece of trash.

    @Blackpoolmonster

    giphy.gif

    If I was Jennifer Aniston I would not be wasting my hands on another human :lol:
  • Queens11
    2309 posts Fans' Favourite
    lolowalsh wrote: »
    Bring icon SBC's and limit them to only moment versions. I dont see how can people will afford the top tier icons this year unless they are castro or Bateson.

    Base Eusebio is already 4.5 mill and this is only the base version, please EA let us use our untradables for something that we can grind for in the long term. I'm not saying release moment R9 in February but at least let's us get grind towards good mid tier icons without being limited.

    By this time last year we could grind towards Makelele, Rio and Larsson all were prime versions, this year we are getting limited to SBC fodders icons and having to deal with the limited amount of tokens they are giving us.

    Majority of icon sbcs cost more than buying the said icon from the market
    If the brought moment Eusebio out as sbc it would cost around 6-7 million atleast ffs surely if u sitting with that u could easily afford a top tier players
  • Pooter
    4802 posts Big Money Move
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    Pooter wrote: »
    Nope, the market was thrash when they brought them out. And they said themselves that the value per sbc was even higher than the card from the market

    The values were not higher on most. It was only the ultra primes whose sbcs were released too soon, like Zanetti. His card had barely been in packs so the idiot that made his sbc thought his price at that time was his true market rate.

    This is a case of EA making something up to justify their change. The reality is they dont know how to have icon sbcs with icon swaps.

    I couldn't even do that with the 2 million coins I had
  • I couldn't agree more - Bring back Icon SBC's.
  • Gainzy
    1183 posts Professional
    Queens11 wrote: »
    lolowalsh wrote: »
    Bring icon SBC's and limit them to only moment versions. I dont see how can people will afford the top tier icons this year unless they are castro or Bateson.

    Base Eusebio is already 4.5 mill and this is only the base version, please EA let us use our untradables for something that we can grind for in the long term. I'm not saying release moment R9 in February but at least let's us get grind towards good mid tier icons without being limited.

    By this time last year we could grind towards Makelele, Rio and Larsson all were prime versions, this year we are getting limited to SBC fodders icons and having to deal with the limited amount of tokens they are giving us.

    Majority of icon sbcs cost more than buying the said icon from the market
    If the brought moment Eusebio out as sbc it would cost around 6-7 million atleast ffs surely if u sitting with that u could easily afford a top tier players

    But there is absolutely nothing for people to work towards. What are people meant to do with all those unusable high rated cards, I mean what use is an untradeable busquets for example?
    EA are forcing you to use it on whatever garbage 86 rated MLS player they release.
    Anything decent is gone within a week or two, so it's not like you can grind towards it like you could with icons.
  • GoodnightIrene
    3902 posts National Call-Up
    MuzzaLUFC wrote: »
    Pooter wrote: »
    I agree that these TIFO and Kit sbc should stop, because no one in their right sense is going to do that, unless we were going to get something of real value. When I saw the TIFO one last night, I just said........."Meh!!" what a big let down

    Wrong.

    I love the customization part of FUT and the Kit SBC’s, I’ll genuinely do them all. Just because you don’t like them doesn’t mean you speak for everyone...
    He is simply stating his opinion, how is that wrong? At what point in his comment is he speaking for everyone?
  • Dutch3723
    648 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Couldn’t agree more with the OP, I just loved being able to, one squad at a time, grind and tick off the sbcs towards a really good end goal. Doesn’t feel like there’s anything certain and long term to play for
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    4717 posts National Call-Up
    I'm certain they'll 'bring back' ICON SBCs under the banner of goodwill at a later stage as an illusory ploy to give the faux impression that they care. EAs modus operandi is so predictable and transparent.
  • golazo
    1684 posts Fans' Favourite
    The big issue is that EA is deciding what icons we can do. People jus forgetting that. They need something where we can get any icon we want. Doubt it will happen though. These icons available now are bad
Sign In or Register to comment.