Constantly changing gameplay

frankibo
129 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Any one else sick of the gameplay changing dramatically between updates?

Feel like I can't play a consistent career save without consistent gameplay - it seems to swing from challenging to easy to hard to really easy to impossible.

I feel like waiting for gameplay to stabilise before starting a proper career but it could be towards the end of the cycle before that happens.

Hate to sound like a whinger but it is genuinely criminal that we all paid for a product that was and is unfinished. I can think of few industries where this would be acceptable.

Comments

  • Valdo08
    240 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bump bump bump and more bumps. Yes, game updates keeps this game unbalanced just like its core gameplay.
  • The_giant616
    134 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It feels really different now and not in a fun way. Yesterday I was controlling the game against Man U, was 2-0 up after about 10 shots on target and multiple 1 on 1 saves from DDG. Then, all of a sudden, with 15 minutes to go, I can't pass and all of their players are extra strong and winning everything. I had a really odd situation where MArtial literally just moved through my striker (his feet weren't moving, he was behind my player and just moved through him like he teleported) to get the ball and counter to score.

    This wasn't happening before the patch.
  • FalconFan
    254 posts Sunday League Hero
    Is this your first year playing FIFA? This is the way EA develops games. They release this “completed” game for sale, because they would not dare have a delay.

    Then the plan is to get this open beta mostly fixed by Christmas season buying.
  • frankibo
    129 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    FalconFan wrote: »
    Is this your first year playing FIFA? This is the way EA develops games. They release this “completed” game for sale, because they would not dare have a delay.

    Then the plan is to get this open beta mostly fixed by Christmas season buying.

    Haha appreciate the sarcasm, been playing since 98 with a bit of a hiatus between around 04 and 12 but solidly again since then.

    The last 2 years are the worst I remember for changing gameplay, didn't think 18 was too bad for it.
  • Webdizzle
    83 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    frankibo wrote: »
    Any one else sick of the gameplay changing dramatically between updates?

    Feel like I can't play a consistent career save without consistent gameplay - it seems to swing from challenging to easy to hard to really easy to impossible.

    I feel like waiting for gameplay to stabilise before starting a proper career but it could be towards the end of the cycle before that happens.

    Hate to sound like a whinger but it is genuinely criminal that we all paid for a product that was and is unfinished. I can think of few industries where this would be acceptable.

    Mate you've nailed it here, the game started mad easy then it went a bit harder now it just feels sluggish and lost, I feel I've played 3 separate games since they released this game in Sept.

    at the moment its just awful to play with zero fun. Even the game player mechanics feel difficult to understand with you almost fighting just to run, pass and combat change man.

    real lost with it at the moment.
  • frankibo
    129 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Webdizzle wrote: »
    frankibo wrote: »
    Any one else sick of the gameplay changing dramatically between updates?

    Feel like I can't play a consistent career save without consistent gameplay - it seems to swing from challenging to easy to hard to really easy to impossible.

    I feel like waiting for gameplay to stabilise before starting a proper career but it could be towards the end of the cycle before that happens.

    Hate to sound like a whinger but it is genuinely criminal that we all paid for a product that was and is unfinished. I can think of few industries where this would be acceptable.

    Mate you've nailed it here, the game started mad easy then it went a bit harder now it just feels sluggish and lost, I feel I've played 3 separate games since they released this game in Sept.

    at the moment its just awful to play with zero fun. Even the game player mechanics feel difficult to understand with you almost fighting just to run, pass and combat change man.

    real lost with it at the moment.

    Playing ultimate career mode with manual controls. I've played 9 games and haven't scored, lost 6 of those. I had a save a month or so where I was scoring 3 or 4 goals in the first half. This is with the same tactical set up.

    It's an absolute farce that I've had those two experiences in the same game within a month.
Sign In or Register to comment.