Why nerf the shooting EA ??

lolowalsh
306 posts An Exciting Prospect
There is no OP way to score in FIFA 20 so I don't understand why nerf the shooting ? Are we gonna go back to FIFA 19 lottery where god knows if your shot will hit the target or not.

I don't know why EA keeps doing this, after doing a good job with shooting this fifa they decide to ❤️❤️❤️❤️ it up again.

Comments

• TheTataGuy
    3888 posts National Call-Up
    Why does there have to be an OP way of scoring?
  • L1vingl1fe
    4083 posts National Call-Up
    TheTataGuy wrote: »
    He’s saying shooting wasn’t overpowered so why nerf it at all?

I want to know this too @EA_Andy

There has to be some reason EA decided to do this when no one was asking for it
  • protzbischof
    3389 posts National Call-Up
    EA wants the better player to win even less games. Thats the only explanation for these changes. It was already bad before the patch. There was and is no realiable way of finishing chances after build up. Horrible, just horrible. Why claim this game to be esports when you lower the skill gap intentionally?
  • MHoney1234
    10339 posts Has That Special Something
    L1vingl1fe wrote: »

I’d like to know too
  • SnakeJaguar
    75 posts Park Captain
    Here's a crazy idea. Maybe they actually want the long shooting stat to matter? Tired of watching players with 65 long shots banging them in left and right. I'll reserve judgement until i see how it plays out...
  • Jpo41
    1759 posts Play-Off Hero
    Here's a crazy idea. Maybe they actually want the long shooting stat to matter? Tired of watching players with 65 long shots banging them in left and right. I'll reserve judgement until i see how it plays out...

Well I have 90 long shots with the trait and I can't bang them in with space and perfect timing. I guess let's nerf me too huh?
  • Max_1899
    145 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    haha nice way to make better players lose even more.
    gonna be lottery again if u score or not.
    will be amazing to lose games with 15-1 shots where ur 90+ rated striker cant hit the target, but the opponents trash players like rashford wont ever miss.
  • Dinksy
    2197 posts Fans' Favourite
    if they have nerfed long shots, then they're even more of a bunch of incompetent morons than I already thought.

It seems like they've released this patch to try and counteract the effectiveness of the drop strategy, yet it looks like they've done the complete opposite reading the pitch notes.
  • Boommaametw3
    2875 posts National Call-Up

Screw off. How many long shots have you scored online this fifa? Long shots weren't even scoring so why nerf it more?
  • Enzo_Perez_23
    359 posts Sunday League Hero
    They nerfed Raul Jimenez, Jesus Duenas, Jurgen Damm, Paul Aguilar, and they overpowered the hell out of Tyler Adams, Weston McKenney, and Darlington Nagbe.
  • Enzo_Perez_23
    edited October 2019
    "Hol up" (in my Drake voice) and thats not all. They plan (gyasi zardes, benny fraudhaber, and Sacha kjestan) on turning gold in the winter update. And "hol up" tyler, Weston, and Darlington want their weak foot to grow.

And Tyler Boyd's weak foot going from 3 to 4 was a war crime. Best believe I got the French Police on the case
  • Delboy13710
    7810 posts League Winner
    "Hol up" (in my Drake voice) and thats not all. They plan (gyasi zardes, benny fraudhaber, and Sacha kjestan) on turning gold in the winter update. And "hol up" tyler, Weston, and Darlington want their weak foot to grow.

And Tyler Boyd's weak foot going from 3 to 4 was a war crime. Best believe I got the French Police on the case

I'll have some of what your smoking 😂
  • Enzo_Perez_23

Suck my little Peter Piper bro 🍕
  • Delboy13710
    7810 posts League Winner
    edited October 2019

Suck my little Peter Piper bro 🍕

Nothing like a forum for kids banta is there
  • mway
    1896 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dinksy wrote: »
    if they have nerfed long shots, then they're even more of a bunch of incompetent morons than I already thought.

It seems like they've released this patch to try and counteract the effectiveness of the drop strategy, yet it looks like they've done the complete opposite reading the pitch notes.

Well I´ve just tried and it´s like you say. You can´t score. Keepers are gods that save even perfect timed finesse shots with no one in front of the player. Pavlenka saved 15 shots, 10 of them unreal. Match ended 0-0. The drop back player has problems to counter-attack, that´s true but you can´t score even easy shots so the skill gap is even lower. I´ve decided to delete my team and stop playing this thing. You lose your time playing something that is even worse with every patch.
  • You mean your Inaki Williams won't be able to finish like prime Ronaldo anymore? Jesus wept
  • L1vingl1fe
    4083 posts National Call-Up
    You mean your Inaki Williams won't be able to finish like prime Ronaldo anymore? Jesus wept

🥴
  • ozcs_69
    3994 posts National Call-Up
    i dont think anyone will notice a change in shooting, tbh, this nerf was already done from the last patch but they didnt include it in the patch notes, this time, they just added it there ...
  • Tboon
    3420 posts National Call-Up
    ozcs_69 wrote: »
    i dont think anyone will notice a change in shooting, tbh, this nerf was already done from the last patch but they didnt include it in the patch notes, this time, they just added it there ...

I'm afraid you're not right. I heard some people on PC got a lot of trouble to score after the new patch. Only tap ins seems to work...
  • Rickayt
    858 posts Semi-Pro
    Only thing shooting wise that needed nerfing was the first time shots from driven passes off corners
  • Caspertjuh
    1274 posts Professional
    Did anyone scored or conceded a long shot? I havent in 200 games.
  • Mmandras
    3417 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2019
    Yeah, but it's even more rare than headers. Don't see the logic in it, apart from EA balancing the gameplay because more people can afford better cards with close to 90 shooting stats. I think they do it every year.
  • Professor
    2640 posts Fans' Favourite
    The only player that scores long shots on my team is Messi. Every shot still seems to be going in for him from outside the box.

Other the that the gamplay feels a lot faster. I did notice the tackling on one occasion Sissoko had a clean tackle and a weird animation I've never see before allowed him to keep control.
  • Aqeel87
    2916 posts Fans' Favourite
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    L1vingl1fe wrote: »

I’d like to know too

• Jimmyb83
    1157 posts Professional
    It’s easy, they want to help the pro’s. The only way to beat the low depth + drop back the pro’s play is with long shots and slick passing. No shock they’ve been nerfed.
  • OZero
    6870 posts Big Money Move
    @EA_Andy

Sorry but I think we do need an explanation from development here. This patch is ridiculous.