The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

I might be crazy...

Mmandras
2974 posts National Call-Up
Did anybody else noticed how the game have been reverted to exact same gameplay as in early access? Since yesterday afternoon I think. Player and ball movement feels strangly familiar. Please don't tell me I'm the only one who noticed it.

Comments

• LahmChops
    1459 posts Play-Off Hero
    Wasn't early access the good gameplay?
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    14690 posts Has That Special Something
    Mmandras wrote: »
    Did anybody else noticed how the game have been reverted to exact same gameplay as in early access? Since yesterday afternoon I think. Player and ball movement feels strangly familiar. Please don't tell me I'm the only one who noticed it.

I would agree. Early access was smooth and responsive and the only reason I changed my mind and bought the game. I've now had smooth and responsive gameplay across all modes for 8 days straight regardless of the time of day.
  • Mmandras
    LahmChops wrote: »

Yes. And it seems to be back. I don't have a clue what happened because there were no official pitch notes... but I even enjoyed weekend league games yesterday.
  • keronc
    1089 posts Professional
    Same here from a PC player. This weekend was the best gameplay since launch for me.
  • Staxdoobie
    1622 posts Play-Off Hero
    My son has avoided doing Icon swaps because he can’t face the thought of playing Rivals. On Saturday he decided to give it a go and across Saturday evening and Sunday morning won 15 out of 16 games to get all of the leagues done! With the smoothest gameplay we’ve ever experienced here, no speed-up lag, no button delay, nothing. He got promoted 3 divisions along the way.

I’m wondering now if I dreamt all this, but it did actually happen.
  • Knowlesdinho
    12892 posts Has That Special Something
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    My son has avoided doing Icon swaps because he can’t face the thought of playing Rivals. On Saturday he decided to give it a go and across Saturday evening and Sunday morning won 15 out of 16 games to get all of the leagues done! With the smoothest gameplay we’ve ever experienced here, no speed-up lag, no button delay, nothing. He got promoted 3 divisions along the way.

Easy when everyone is distracted by WL though.
  • Mmandras
    It's not that I win more games than before, so I'm not biased. The ball feels more bouncy and player movement more natural. I can't pinpoint to exact thing that has changed, but last week or two felt like Fifa 19.5 and now it's magically back to early days of Fifa 20.

• Ash2442
    332 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2019
    The game hasn’t changed...just played six or seven rivals games...slow, unresponsive, bs happening all game. This game is dead until it gets patched...again
  • DarthGrowler
    15367 posts World Class
    Gameplay was definitely a bit better this weekend
  • Verdi
    144 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Yes. And it seems to be back. I don't have a clue what happened because there were no official pitch notes... but I even enjoyed weekend league games yesterday.

It's felt better for me also. I'm still experiencing a ton of bull💩 because the mechanics are awful, but generally the game feels sharper.

I can only assume it's related to the matchmaking changes they announced.
  • H_Mus
    589 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Less players due to cod. Servers can handle themselves a bit better
  • Staxdoobie
    1622 posts Play-Off Hero
    Staxdoobie wrote: »

Easy when everyone is distracted by WL though.

Probably. My point was more about the improved feel to the gameplay though. Or maybe it was just his ‘turn’ for once. 15 wins from 16 seems remarkable though, so something was definitely different here.
  • CtldChaos
    2205 posts Fans' Favourite

You are like... the 1 person who is not complaining about the lag and delay. Literally, the one.
  • MuzzaLUFC
    1472 posts Play-Off Hero
    Squad battles feels so slow, sluggish, unresponsive.. Coutinho’s OTW can’t which is usually my most agile player on the pitch is turning like a tank.

Think it’s just dynamic for different people at different times, it feels awful for me atm and I absolutely loved the game when it got released.
  • Numlocked_
    1907 posts Fans' Favourite
    Absolutely right there. I've had fun gameplay again. Build up play, nice ball movement, no ping pong fast stuff. Only thing that's still isn't back is the tackle for ball possession.

But otherwise I agree.
  • RadioShaq
    15601 posts Moderator
    Believe someone posted ea said they narrowed the location search so maybe that helped. It might increase wait times though.
  • Porsgaard85
    975 posts Professional
    Everyday it’s different. Every game is different than the other.

FIFA 20 - Mystery ball
  • Gnomenclature
    5078 posts Big Money Move
    It's totally random for me. Some days are good, other days it's awful and I just switch to cod now...

I only play fifa for objectives now anyway - not doing weekend league or grinding squad battles has really helped with the stress and expectations.

Just don't get good rewards though... I'm also just fine chilling in d7 till rivals gets sorted.
  • Bambobär
    450 posts An Exciting Prospect
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Believe someone posted ea said they narrowed the location search so maybe that helped. It might increase wait times though.

Not today, input delay on PC on a Monday, last Friday WL was crisp.
  • Dunkirk
    359 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2019
    Nope, it’s still the same [Removed - CM] they served us with the last patch.
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • Mmandras
    edited October 2019
    Hm. Could it be that playing other games resets your 'fifa sense'? I played a little bit of Outer Worlds on Xbox and Luigi's Mansion 3 on my Switch.

And yeah while we're at it, also there's Call of Duty launch, which is traditionally strongest Fifa competitior as @H_Mus suggested, that could cause servers being less crowded.
    Post edited by Mmandras on
  • ozcs_69
    3742 posts National Call-Up
    H_Mus wrote: »
    Less players due to cod. Servers can handle themselves a bit better

less people anticipated this WL, due to call of duty launch, dont worry nothing has changed ...
  • Foxsake
    2631 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gameplay is trash
    Maybe it’s got better this weekend because people have relised that cod is the way forward to game this year
  • d3b4s1s
    528 posts An Exciting Prospect
    And here i can't play squad battles without delay. Haha
  • Aqeel87
    2916 posts Fans' Favourite
    Everyday it’s different. Every game is different than the other.

FIFA 20 - Mystery ball