The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Pack weights been dropped massively?

Kingyyy01
209 posts Has Potential To Be Special
To me I think this is nailed on, during the first week of the game gold upgrade packs were great, after many more nothing better than 84 costa. Anyone else agree?

Comments

• Kingyyy01
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    They’ve been terrible since day 1

True but even worse now
  • Got Lewa and marcelo in same electrum pack earlier so I dunno
  • Illini McG
    507 posts An Exciting Prospect
    definitely seems packs have become more stingy with boards even.
  • Pooter
    3966 posts National Call-Up
    Has its hit and misses, while not really a big weight, can only get 70k max, I had a walkout. Ederson...meh
  • Kingyyy01
    Yeah it’s been a shambles. Shocking bad
  • Pooter
    Kingyyy01 wrote: »

In the beginning it was really atrocious, I couldn't get even an 84 player (board), they've since dropped board standards to 83 to make us feel a lot better I suppose
  • Wyojasond
    13064 posts Has That Special Something
    Last week I’ve packed a ton more boards and walkouts then before. Always gonna be random.

Modric, Kimmich and IF Ben Yedder just yesterday
  • Kingyyy01
    Last week I’ve packed a ton more boards and walkouts then before. Always gonna be random.

Modric, Kimmich and IF Ben Yedder just yesterday

Nice man your one of the lucky ones
  • Knowlesdinho
    12422 posts Has That Special Something
    I've been happy with what I've pulled so far.
  • DarthGrowler
    15367 posts World Class
    Not a walkout in 3 weeks now. Squad battle rewards didn't even have a board, nor did pre order packs.

The animation seemed like x3 speed also
  • Magnet
    435 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Pooter wrote: »

In the beginning it was really atrocious, I couldn't get even an 84 player (board), they've since dropped board standards to 83 to make us feel a lot better I suppose

Boards have always been 83-85
  • Greezyweezy101
    1541 posts Play-Off Hero
    It doesn't matter. Even most walk outs are worth less than packs now anyway.

The whole thing is a mess.
  • barryw
    1441 posts Play-Off Hero
    It's good thing actually.
    Easy to stay away from FP and more rewarding feeling when you work your way towards next upgrade on your team
  • Kingyyy01
    So I wanted to test my theory out, some 20 gold upgrades.

Got one board and that was benega hahahahaha
  • Saiber_Summia
    1058 posts Professional
    Cannot comment, as I was really lucky the first couple of weeks with a Mbappe, Auba, Laporte and several mid walkouts each around 50-60k
    Admittedly out of the 3.1Mio on which I’m sitting now, at least a 60% has been pack luck, now is more than three weeks I even do not get literally an 84 rated card, but cannot complain at all...
    One of my best years ever.
  • FlyingOkapis
    1199 posts Professional
    I'd rather not get my tin foil hat on BUT I'm 99% convinced that the pre order packs + squad battle rewards are tampered with
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    14318 posts Has That Special Something
    I'd rather not get my tin foil hat on BUT I'm 99% convinced that the pre order packs + squad battle rewards are tampered with

I didn't get a card over 82 rated from Elite 1
    SB last night. Dont think I will bother with that grind again. Didn't go near it last year and it just seems like a waste of time now.
  • Pooter
    Magnet wrote: »
    Pooter wrote: »

Boards have always been 83-85

Then I've must have been getting lower than 83 all the time
  • BigBadBaloo
    408 posts Sunday League Hero
    I am over 100 packs now without a walkout after a fairly good start to Fifa 20.

They have definitely been reduced.
  • Janscharie
    322 posts Sunday League Hero
    Packed mbappe thid morning from weekly rare gold pack..
  • Hrhrh
    91 posts Has Potential To Be Special

The inventor of the word random is satisfied his work is done
  • Queens11
    1891 posts Play-Off Hero
    Cannot comment, as I was really lucky the first couple of weeks with a Mbappe, Auba, Laporte and several mid walkouts each around 50-60k
    Admittedly out of the 3.1Mio on which I’m sitting now, at least a 60% has been pack luck, now is more than three weeks I even do not get literally an 84 rated card, but cannot complain at all...
    One of my best years ever.

That’s exactly why u should comment pack weights have clearly been reduced

I’m something similar to yourself I hit some good players early including messi
    last 2-3 weeks rewards, mm and basically every sbc which rewarded packs have not produced a single player over 82 rated which is a lot of guaranteed rare gold cards
  • BlackFridayRule
    1140 posts Professional
    Opened my jumbo players pack for 200 squad battles today. Top card was casillas and quagliarella... The rest 81 and below
  • DarthGrowler
    15367 posts World Class
    Hrhrh wrote: »

There is nothing random about the pack mechanics
  • Wayno69
    919 posts Semi-Pro
    Janscharie wrote: »
    Packed mbappe thid morning from weekly rare gold pack..

i lliterally get nothing from those packs. Nice one!
  • Airmax6
    313 posts Sunday League Hero
    Packed Son doing the Hulk sbc, just packed Klose 87 in one of them 12.5k packs. I figured it was worth to buy them as non rare players sell well. Pack wise i'm happy, now upgrade the servers so i can use those players correctly thanks EA
  • Foxsake
    2615 posts Fans' Favourite

Have a friend that packed mid delglesh from silver 1 squad battle rewards
  • RTG20
    705 posts Semi-Pro
    Hrhrh wrote: »

There is nothing random about the pack mechanics

Packs aren't random.

There is a variable on YOUR end that has to do with either your account, console or connection that has an influence on what you pull.

Google random in coding, it doesn't exist, some people have a more favourable set of variables, others don't.
  • Renamed12345678
    325 posts Sunday League Hero
    Not a walkout in 3 weeks now. Squad battle rewards didn't even have a board, nor did pre order packs.

The animation seemed like x3 speed also

I have learnt from pre ordering this game. I am buying standard from henceforth no reward at all. I keep getting duplicate of players in every pack. I am tired