The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

EA plans with this market then?

Vinny1979
5294 posts Big Money Move
So 87 have reached 12k, 86s down to 8k ish.

What is the point in people opening packs?

There is no value?

gg ea :trollface:

Comments

• BeefyRabouter
    2174 posts Fans' Favourite
    Kill investors. That you kill your game and market during your efforts doesn’t matter apparently
  • Danic123
    3114 posts National Call-Up
    People don’t open packs to get a rubbish 87 rated card. They open them to get the novelty card at the time.
  • Richard
    11478 posts Has That Special Something
    Release a good flashback or other SBC and boom its up again.
  • FlyingOkapis
    1199 posts Professional
    I think the bigger problem is everyone just uses the same selection/pool of players, so many players are a rare site no wonder no one is buying them.

They need to introduce tournaments with different star ratings, silver, bronze etc which result in prizes
  • xFATAL
    5009 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2019
    Richard wrote: »
    Release a good flashback or other SBC and boom its up again.

That's if they dont massively overprice and nobody does it.
  • Absting159
    7481 posts Moderator
    It’s one thing, Icon SBCs and other higher rated content is lacking. The year long availability of Icon SBCs artificially inflated so many things.

I love that base crap icons are 300k. I’m trying more guys out!!! I do miss the SBCs though.
  • Keano
    15389 posts World Class
    Players are expensive = people complain
    Players are cheap = people complain

People complain about complaining = I'll complain :trollface:
  • Mc_chigby
    1060 posts Professional
    I think what's killed the sbcs mostly for me anyways, is the 3 sbcs to complete aka Milner and draxler.

Most people are sitting on some high rated cards but not enough to complete 3 sbcs for 1 player. They are then turned off about buying players so never complete the sbc. Therefore pushing prices down.

If they made them only 2 sbcs I bet lots more would have shelled out
  • iWiggle
    535 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Their plan is to completely destroy it. And then do it again.
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4408 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2019
    Mc_chigby wrote: »
    I think what's killed the sbcs mostly for me anyways, is the 3 sbcs to complete aka Milner and draxler.

Most people are sitting on some high rated cards but not enough to complete 3 sbcs for 1 player. They are then turned off about buying players so never complete the sbc. Therefore pushing prices down.

If they made them only 2 sbcs I bet lots more would have shelled out

Exactly. I haven't done one player sbc yet. I have 2 million coins and 1 million worth of players. I don't get what they are playing at. Last few years I did all player SBC's.
  • jpsblue
    4681 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2019
    They have to do something because they know FP sales will drop if people are packing walkouts that are worth next to nothing. Then again it probably won’t make a difference with people buying FP tbh
  • xFATAL
    5009 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2019
    jpsblue wrote: »
    They have to do something because they know FP sales will drop if people are packing walkouts that are worth next to nothing. Then again it probably won’t make a difference with people buying FP tbh

I'll admit. In past years i've spent alot on this game because I can afford to and opening packs is something I used to enjoy, I don't this year. I've completely stopped spending because it's so obvious they've lowered pack weights on desirable gold players, Icons and good special cards so bad it's almost impossible for even the big spenders to get anything of value. I'm sure people that don't spend will say that's good but it's really not because you're grinding away your weekends and hundreds of hours playing for packs that get you nothing.
  • RadioShaq
    15610 posts Moderator
    I prefer cheaper players and lower pack value like older fifas. I wish every fifa was like this market.
  • BrentfordFC
    13164 posts Has That Special Something
    edited October 2019
    Players are expensive = people complain
    Players are cheap = people complain

It won’t change :joy:
  • StewParty
    4069 posts National Call-Up
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    I prefer cheaper players and lower pack value like older fifas. I wish every fifa was like this market.

Older FIFAs were way more inflated
  • RadioShaq
    15610 posts Moderator
    Not the years before price caps. Silvers and bronze players were expensive but not golds.
  • SuperKMx
    1674 posts Play-Off Hero

Indeed.

The problem is that even though the market is on the floor so pack contents have a much, much greater chance of being far less valuable in coin terms than last year, the packs themselves are considered to have the same value by EA. People who got two 50k packs in rewards last year are still getting two 50k packs in rewards this year, even though the average return from those packs is much, much lower than it was 12 months ago.

And a 50k pack still costs 50k (or 1000 FIFA Points if you're that way inclined) even though it'll likely give you back half what it did last year given that the vast majority of board pulls are almost at discard.
  • DeanoZoff
    4552 posts National Call-Up
    Golds literally got cheaper and cheaper as the year progressed before SBC's and weekend league came along
  • RadioShaq
    15610 posts Moderator
    I mean I see it as a plus not a problem. I would rather take the coins or mass trade and be able to afford the player in half the time since they are all cheaper.

But yes if you open packs or buy fifa points I can see why you dislike it.
  • YOLOT0URE
    7168 posts League Winner
    Ngl it worries me how they’ll value future sbcs. 83 rated sbcs were like 20-30k? Tops last year. Now they’re like 11k. So could we see everything going up 1 so to speak? If they do a scream sbc is it gonna require 85 rated squad? Take into account the cheapest scream is 40k iirc. They either need to make em 84 repeatable with a scream or they’ll make it non repeatable 85 no scream req
  • Danic123
    3114 posts National Call-Up
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    Ngl it worries me how they’ll value future sbcs. 83 rated sbcs were like 20-30k? Tops last year. Now they’re like 11k. So could we see everything going up 1 so to speak? If they do a scream sbc is it gonna require 85 rated squad? Take into account the cheapest scream is 40k iirc. They either need to make em 84 repeatable with a scream or they’ll make it non repeatable 85 no scream req

It’ll be repeatable & that’s what will drive market prices up. It’ll either be a TOTW one or something else. NIF investment way to go to play safe, stack some low rated 84,s etc and watch the prices rise again.
  • Whoman
    5981 posts Big Money Move
    I mean I see it as a plus not a problem. I would rather take the coins or mass trade and be able to afford the player in half the time since they are all cheaper.

But yes if you open packs or buy fifa points I can see why you dislike it.

The problem is that the marquee players are not cheaper, at least not by as much as the Rest. Meaning the likelihood of being able to aquire those is actually lower if your average pack yields less coins.
  • MattDaddy V1
    1671 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2019
    The fact they've removed icon SBCs doesn't help. Also the other SBCs have been pretty garbage especially with the upgrades. Just look at POTM Lewadowski, a plus one here or there for what 150/200k no thank you. Half the SBCs we've had so far are just not worth it or there are players that are better available on the market cheaper.

Also people see the prices of novelty cards like ultimate scream cards and binge on packs hoping to get one but end up with multiple duplicates of Harit, Babbel, Simon, Pickford, random Portuguese wolves players etc. Once there are more better quality SBCs available then player prices should rise slightly. But then again with the amount of cards, coins, packs etc already available I can only see more price drops this year.
  • BeefyRabouter
    Dont forget that so far we've had pretty garbage flashback players. Last year we had David Luiz around this time, a propper beast. Wasn't Ibra also released around this time?
  • Cadey 5
    11213 posts Has That Special Something
    Dont forget that so far we've had pretty garbage flashback players. Last year we had David Luiz around this time, a propper beast. Wasn't Ibra also released around this time?

Luiz was not out at this time of year, Zlatan was released around TOTY.

We had Juanfran this time last year and one more, pretty certain it was not Luiz.
  • BeefyRabouter
    Cadey 5 wrote: »

We had Juanfran this time last year and one more, pretty certain it was not Luiz.

You're absolutely right. I thought they brought out pretty good ones early on last year.
  • Cadey 5
    11213 posts Has That Special Something
    edited October 2019
    Cadey 5 wrote: »

You're absolutely right. I thought they brought out pretty good ones early on last year.

I can’t remember for the life of me who came out second and I did 99% of them :D
  • Caspertjuh
    1062 posts Professional
    Gotze?
  • Stoz
    345 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ibra and luiz flashbacks came out pretty early in the game cycle I think late November ish