How to activate assisted defending?!

Renamed123456
6198 posts Big Money Move

All game I have opponents AI controlled players sprinting 30 yards into me from behind.

Meanwhile my midfielders / CBs just let opponents walk past them and don't bother getting back. Sometimes they even just walk up the pitch whilst opponent is attacking.

It's impossible to avoid too, my opponent is controlling one of their players, then i have an oppoisition player from 30 yards behind sprinting or drifting towards my player, and it's unavoidable, no matter which direction you turn or move they just instantaneously drift and mirror you.

Meanwhile my players slide out of the opponents path even if im pressing direction towards the opponent. and my AI players just seem to kinda move out of the way and don't track or shadow opponents like their's do mine.

Furthermore with blocks, if I take a shot in space, opponent's defenders whether AI controlled or otherwise seem to snap into block animations backwards, sideways, opposite direction from 5 yards away. Whereas I can be face to face with an opponent, press block, and my player's block animation has no effect on the ball and it results in no block, whether on pass or shot.

Also when making passes sometimes their players in full sprint, intercept backwards with no slow down animation or direction change, a full 180 degrees angle backwards blindside at full speed.

I'm using good players/defenders whose stats should not be an issue.

I'm getting 20 tackles a game, to my opponents 4, despite their players making a million interceptions and tackles throughout the match.

Is there a setting or something I'm missing, like in the assisted controls settings etc, that would enable a similar behaviour from my players??? Or anything in the tactics and instructions.

Has anyone else had this experience?? Have you found a fix to the problem at all??

Comments

• Str8hii
    1750 posts Play-Off Hero
    Move closer to the servers
  • Seahawks1
    332 posts Sunday League Hero

All game I have opponents AI controlled players sprinting 30 yards into me from behind.

Meanwhile my midfielders / CBs just let opponents walk past them and don't bother getting back. Sometimes they even just walk up the pitch whilst opponent is attacking.

It's impossible to avoid too, my opponent is controlling one of their players, then i have an oppoisition player from 30 yards behind sprinting or drifting towards my player, and it's unavoidable, no matter which direction you turn or move they just instantaneously drift and mirror you.

Meanwhile my players slide out of the opponents path even if im pressing direction towards the opponent. and my AI players just seem to kinda move out of the way and don't track or shadow opponents like their's do mine.

Furthermore with blocks, if I take a shot in space, opponent's defenders whether AI controlled or otherwise seem to snap into block animations backwards, sideways, opposite direction from 5 yards away. Whereas I can be face to face with an opponent, press block, and my player's block animation has no effect on the ball and it results in no block, whether on pass or shot.

Also when making passes sometimes their players in full sprint, intercept backwards with no slow down animation or direction change, a full 180 degrees angle backwards blindside at full speed.

I'm getting 20 tackles a game, to my opponents 4, despite their players making a million interceptions and tackles throughout the match.

Is there a setting or something I'm missing, like in the assisted controls settings etc, that would enable a similar behaviour from my players??? Or anything in the tactics and instructions.

Has anyone else had this experience?? Have you found a fix to the problem at all??

I find this! Everyone says AI defending is OP. Not for me!! I darent not click on and manually defend
  • Renamed123456
    Seahawks1 wrote: »

I find this! Everyone says AI defending is OP. Not for me!! I darent not click on and manually defend

Haha exactly!

I say it is - but when I'm facing it, not when depending on it.
  • NornIron
    13808 posts Has That Special Something
    Same it looks like my opponents dont have to do much, my second man press walks slowly over to the opponent, contain stands about 6 yards away and keeps backing away. I run into my opponents they run through me.
  • Renamed123456
    NornIron wrote: »
    Same it looks like my opponents dont have to do much, my second man press walks slowly over to the opponent, contain stands about 6 yards away and keeps backing away. I run into my opponents they run through me.

Exactly - sounds like we're having the same experience.

To make it clear, too... i love manual defending, and a patch ago it seemed to work fine. I wish defending was more manual for all.

Just not keen on the misbalance, and would like to attain the same level of defensive solidity my opponents AI set up has.
  • sinasipahioglu7
    1914 posts Play-Off Hero
    Str8hii wrote: »

the one and only answer for this question
  • Renamed123456
    Str8hii wrote: »

Haha i wish.

Funny and probably true. Hopefully there's another way.
  • Renamed123456

Update.

Someone literally walked their player into my defender touch tight and my player did nothing... did not attempt to tackle or anything.

My opponents players that aren't controlled by them make tackles from 2-3 yards away.

Why is this happening??? How do i make my ai initiate tackles???
  • Mutu10gol
    2800 posts Fans' Favourite
    for a joke...just put your gamepad down... AI DEFENDING activated...simple as that :smile: sad but true.
  • FijiBoy
    1321 posts Professional
    I switched to Legacy defending from Tactical Defending in settings. Made a bit of a difference in my defending. Also maybe opponents have instructions set to aggressive interceptions, will drain stamina but doesn't matter with the stamina glitch in next game.
  • Aqeel87
    2916 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 2019
    Same ❤️❤️❤️❤️ happening with me too. Looks like my opponents are playing completely different game. And funny thing is that all these ❤️❤️❤️❤️ were not there before patches.
  • FijiBoy
    1321 posts Professional
    Not sure if they have constant pressure and team press (d pad) on as well
  • Bambobär
    454 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Custom tactics, either constant pressure or pressing after loosing possession combined with team pressing
  • Renamed123456
    Mutu10gol wrote: »
    for a joke...just put your gamepad down... AI DEFENDING activated...simple as that :smile: sad but true.

This doesnt work for me no more.

I did it in 19 and my players would take the ball themselves. I tried it in this one and may players didnt even move or track.

• Renamed123456
    Aqeel87 wrote: »
    Same **** happening with me too. Looks like my opponents are playing completely different game. And funny thing is that all these **** were not there before patches.

EXACTLY

they've patched fifa 19 defending back in.

My opponent put his controller down and all his defenders tracked at full sprint and mirror each of my players and made tackles themselves without user input.

They've also added 360° defending back in --- if defender goes wrong way theyre no longer punished rhey spin back ij front of you and make tackle. Whereas if i make tackle in right direction nothing happens anyway.
  • Salvatori
    2043 posts Fans' Favourite
    FijiBoy wrote: »
    I switched to Legacy defending from Tactical Defending in settings. Made a bit of a difference in my defending. Also maybe opponents have instructions set to aggressive interceptions, will drain stamina but doesn't matter with the stamina glitch in next game.

That setting has zero impact when playing online, so must be a placibo effect :)
  • OZero
    6878 posts Big Money Move
    Aqeel87 wrote: »
    Same **** happening with me too. Looks like my opponents are playing completely different game. And funny thing is that all these **** were not there before patches.

EXACTLY

they've patched fifa 19 defending back in.

My opponent put his controller down and all his defenders tracked at full sprint and mirror each of my players and made tackles themselves without user input.

They've also added 360° defending back in --- if defender goes wrong way theyre no longer punished rhey spin back ij front of you and make tackle. Whereas if i make tackle in right direction nothing happens anyway.

Calm down and stop saying it’s patched back. If that’s the case why would you not able to put down your controller and enjoy? I have had enough. I told you it’s there since day 1 but no one listen and now everyone keep on saying it’s patch related. It is not.