For anyone planning on buying COD.

Southgatology
1549 posts Play-Off Hero
There is a punch card on Microsoft rewards app. Activate it and then buy cod on Microsoft store for 6000 points. Basically a £5 Xbox gift card for free.

Comments

• GL
    16906 posts World Class
    “FoR fReE” 🤪
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero
    GL wrote: »
    “FoR fReE” 🤪

It literally is for free though if you were planning on buying COD anyway.
  • GL
    16906 posts World Class
    GL wrote: »
    “FoR fReE” 🤪

It literally is for free though if you were planning on buying COD anyway.

Hmm tempted. The MS store is overpriced anyway and so getting the token still probably isn’t worth for me
  • ImmigrantMentality
    6593 posts Big Money Move
    first cod i'm not buying in 10 years. too many crap ones lately. treyarch normally put out a good game but bo4 was a letdown by their standards, no chance i'm buying another iw made cod.
  • Sercs
    22520 posts Club Captain
    first cod i'm not buying in 10 years. too many crap ones lately. treyarch normally put out a good game but bo4 was a letdown by their standards, no chance i'm buying another iw made cod.

See you on Friday
  • xFATAL
    5485 posts Big Money Move

You might be missing out on the best one in years.
  • ImmigrantMentality
    xFATAL wrote: »

doubt it. i'm guessing the ttk will be extremely fast just like every iw cod, and the maps will be random af with too many lanes just like every iw cod.
  • Campino
    29873 posts National Team Captain
    appreciate the heads up thanks
  • RebelRob
    7268 posts Big Money Move
    Just get the phone app for free 😂

It’s pretty decent tbh
  • Moiizer
    15813 posts World Class
    Xbox kids bouta get smoked in the cross play
  • BWild
    3798 posts National Call-Up
    Moiizer wrote: »

It's input based. So it'll be controller v controller and m&k v m&k
  • xFATAL
    5485 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2019

After playing the beta alot I didnt feel like any platform had an advantage over the others.
  • Carlos181
    5438 posts Big Money Move
    I hear that this COD plays entirely different. Is that true? I sticked to Battlefield because I just can’t deal with the twitch style shooter that it was known for.
  • Moiizer
    15813 posts World Class
    BWild wrote: »

After playing the beta alot I didnt feel like any platform had an advantage over the others.

Lol only messing lads.
  • schmo
    299 posts Sunday League Hero
    BWild wrote: »

Is it different then the beta? I was solo'd a few times and got matched with console players.
  • uhMaZiiNq
    12116 posts Has That Special Something

doubt it. i'm guessing the ttk will be extremely fast just like every iw cod, and the maps will be random af with too many lanes just like every iw cod.

The maps were atrocious on the beta
  • ImmigrantMentality
    uhMaZiiNq wrote: »

played one game of the beta and sealed it for me. hopefully bo5 will be good.
  • uhMaZiiNq
    12116 posts Has That Special Something
    uhMaZiiNq wrote: »

played one game of the beta and sealed it for me. hopefully bo5 will be good.

My gameshare partner bought it so I have it but don’t anticipate playing it much. I’ll give it a try but didn’t like the beta at all. Was a camp fest with claymores and no enemy fire on mini map was dumb
  • heefmondo
    1599 posts Play-Off Hero
    Beta was awful. CoD is rubbish these days its only Treyarch who put decent ones out.
  • ImmigrantMentality
    heefmondo wrote: »
    Beta was awful. CoD is rubbish these days its only Treyarch who put decent ones out.

even they let themselves down with bo4. yet it was still the best one since bo3.
  • Heppers
    3503 posts National Call-Up
    Already been playing it, feels great so far
  • heefmondo
    1599 posts Play-Off Hero
    heefmondo wrote: »

even they let themselves down with bo4. yet it was still the best one since bo3.

Yeah the multiplayer got boring quick but I enjoyed blackout for a spell
  • DoD_Jester
    27291 posts Player of the Year
    Release went really well, 1 minute before North American release the servers died :joy:

Good Job IW, we missed you
  • Antparry92
    20949 posts Club Captain
    It’s horrendous, so gutted I bought it
  • DoD_Jester
    27291 posts Player of the Year
    Antparry92 wrote: »

Some of the maps are atrocious, but I don't mind it ATM
  • schmo
    299 posts Sunday League Hero
    Wasn't able to play last night. Got home from Joker and servers where down. Hopefully I can get some in today. Only reason I got it was for crossplay, hopefully it is decent enough to play for more then a week.
  • Anyone know how to get hardcore mode
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    Anyone know how to get hardcore mode

Go to filter beside quick play, in filter settings press X/□ to select hardcore.
  • Retro_G wrote: »
    Anyone know how to get hardcore mode

Go to filter beside quick play, in filter settings press X/□ to select hardcore.

Thanks mate
  • Antparry92
    20949 posts Club Captain
    DoD_Jester wrote: »
    Antparry92 wrote: »

Some of the maps are atrocious, but I don't mind it ATM

Maps-terrible, too many camping opportunities and too many corners etc that look the same. Gone are the days of MW and MW2 maps.

Challenges-stupid that you have to highlight which challenges you’re going for to start competing for them.

Guns-hate the new firing system. Seems very battlefield-esque and before you were either a battlefield or a COD fan. Shotguns are nerfed beyond belief, they’re pointless. Sponging on an almighty scale for the majority of other guns.

General layout-not the easiest to navigate round the menus. Not sure if it’s just me getting old but a feel a lot of games are like this now. If you think how easy it was to set loadouts and perks and check challenges on MW2, it was an absolute piece of cake