The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

I have done nothing but make investing mistakes this year.

Dolph
1181 posts Professional
edited October 2019
Bought
IF Thuram’s for 18k now 12k
IF Wijnaldum for 160k now 144
IF Navas 36k now 33
Sold
TOTW Yedder for 220k now 255
And I know there’s more I can’t think of, frustrating 🙄

Comments

• Rolandinho
    522 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited October 2019
    Dolph wrote: »
    Bought
    IF Thuram’s for 18k now 12k
    IF Wijnaldum for 160k now 144
    IF Navas 36k now 33
    Sold
    TOTW Yedder for 220k now 255
    And I know there’s more I can’t think of, frustrating 🙄

Best method for me: BPM and buy low,sell high.

Speculating went wrong for me too
  • TheTataGuy
    2447 posts Fans' Favourite
    There are no icon sbcs so you should have knowns that ifs were really low..

Unless EA is going to release a sbc that required some ifs they won't become higher
  • Dolph
    1181 posts Professional
    TheTataGuy wrote: »
    There are no icon sbcs so you should have knowns that ifs were really low..

Unless EA is going to release a sbc that required some ifs they won't become higher

Even with no SBC’s desirable IF’s usually rise off their lows.
  • Thefranchise92
    4199 posts National Call-Up
    I've realised after last year and the year before I'm not an investor..too impatient and rarely have original ideas.

So I like bpm/spm/gpm.. and the. chem style and gold and silver nif trading.. low risk high rewards
  • Klerk87
    336 posts Sunday League Hero
    i'm slowly buying RW, RB, LW, LB en CD from Ligue 1 hoping to sell them when the SBC launches.

the only investment so far.
  • dregana08
    3979 posts National Call-Up
    buy 0 risk investments. non-rare golds for 350-400 and sell for 750-950c. Slow, but easy, risk free money.
  • Blanchflower1
    57 posts Park Captain
    dregana08 wrote: »
    buy 0 risk investments. non-rare golds for 350-400 and sell for 750-950c. Slow, but easy, risk free money.

I can verify that this works all the time. But one needs patience.
  • hows bpm working this year? what do you do guys
  • YNWA008
    265 posts Sunday League Hero
    I’m in 15 yedders at 18-20k and he’s at 14k. Also 15 dembeles at 45k and hes currently like 35. Trying to hold until a little bit of a market surge. It’s so low currently because everyone’s opening packs for scream and ucl cards
  • Jwicks
    40 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I messed up too. I traded my way up to 1.2 Mil and then invested in Sissoko and Lucas for weekend league price rises. No idea that CL SBC's would make them both crash.
  • YNWA008
    265 posts Sunday League Hero
    Jwicks wrote: »
    I messed up too. I traded my way up to 1.2 Mil and then invested in Sissoko and Lucas for weekend league price rises. No idea that CL SBC's would make them both crash.

Only gonna crash more with batch 2 of scream. Was a big crash for otw too and the market for those cards rebounded once no special cards were in packs

• tommyh10
    687 posts Semi-Pro

I can verify this also. Although I've been having more luck with rare silvers. A bit of grinding needed, but not loads. I went from 75k to 1mil in 8 days. Give it a try!
  • xFATAL
    4958 posts Big Money Move
    This year is about quick flips not investing. EA are always throwing curveballs so you have to be one step ahead take the small profit and move onto something else.
  • Vinny1979
    5290 posts Big Money Move
    You have to spread your investments.

Here is my tip.

If you own a sweet shop, you dont fill it with 100 Mars Bars hoping for 100 sales.

You would maybe get 20 sales of Mars Bars.

You get 20 Mars Bars, 20 TWIX, 20 Twirls, 20 Snickers, 20 Bueno bars.

Those kids buying your sweets will buy more as you have more variety.

If I come into your fifa store and you are selling 100 ben yedders im out.

Tip over

close thread
  • oldboiler
    2265 posts Fans' Favourite
    Traded lots last year, game is totally boring this year so haven’t traded at all. If I was I’d be looking at cheap high rated UCL cards selling for the same price as rare golds, Busquets, Pique etc
  • pudgyfudgy
    6001 posts Big Money Move

@Blanchflower1 your name looks very familiar. Are you on AB? Haha
  • Razovar
    1745 posts Fans' Favourite
    At least you admit it. Everyone on these forums sells for 200% profit only. Haha..... BS most of it
  • Mr_Matchup1
    5577 posts Big Money Move
    Well I've bought 10 acunas at 12 k let's see if I can make a profit :D
  • SeanDCFC
    2482 posts Fans' Favourite
    Stop "investing" would be my advise, no real need in fifa nowadays anyway. You can get a quality team just by playing.
  • pudgyfudgy wrote: »

@Blanchflower1 your name looks very familiar. Are you on AB? Haha

Yes. How do you know?
  • exoww
    437 posts Sunday League Hero
    Lucky you..

Suarez for 62k, now 50k
    OTW De Jong 262k, now 220k
    Modric 86k, now 70k
    Dembele 42k, now 33k
    Mendy 41k, now 30k
    Militao 17k, now 6k....

thats only my top losses
  • exoww
    437 posts Sunday League Hero
    Razovar wrote: »
    At least you admit it. Everyone on these forums sells for 200% profit only. Haha..... BS most of it

It's like when people play the scratch off lottery tickets. You only hear them talk about it when they win but never the dozens of times you lose before that
  • selb
    7097 posts Big Money Move
    I thought it was common knowledge that investing in expensive players during a promo is very risky, especially when there are desirable cards about.

My advice would be to sell now, accept your losses and start again, try going risk free for a while and keep an eye on market prices.
  • Bapinho
    2292 posts Fans' Favourite
    selb wrote: »
    I thought it was common knowledge that investing in expensive players during a promo is very risky, especially when there are desirable cards about.

My advice would be to sell now, accept your losses and start again, try going risk free for a while and keep an eye on market prices.

what im really suprised by is so many people investing in expensive low rated goals as dembele lucas militao ben yedder nif... i thought it was common knowledge that this players would crash as they obviously gonna be packed a lot due to low rating
  • Bapinho
    2292 posts Fans' Favourite
    goals = golds
  • starfox1284
    2056 posts Fans' Favourite
    Its been hard this year thats for sure....the scream cards alone were scary from a price drop standpoint.
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    3637 posts National Call-Up
    Try 28 OTW Sarabia at 30-32k each, still selling under 18k now.. Not selling him until he's upgraded.

900k in dead coins.
  • Amdp9
    3973 posts National Call-Up
    Trust me we all are in the same boat, My team was worth 2.2M yesterday when I bought it now 1.9M thats with CR-7 is the major dent there, bought mine for 1.64m saw one today at 1.525M but I won't complain it's a EA way of fair play
  • RexAnglo1066
    1494 posts Play-Off Hero
    I have pretty much avoided investments...don't have the time.

I want to play football, not a glorified mobile mini game.

The mobile app is there if I'm dedicated enough.

Did buy Lozano for 4k the other day and sold him for 19k, the rebought him for 6k.

Hardly impressive, but those small scale profits are enough for me to build slowly.

My team has gone from 79 rated to 83 and the overall quality has increased, so I'm getting there...don't want to see everything in the first 2 weeks and be burnt out.
  • Str8hii
    1576 posts Play-Off Hero
    Buy low sell high
    Thank me later