Team mate contain

Seahawks1
332 posts Sunday League Hero
Do people use team mate contain much when defending? Everyone seems to be saying auto blocks and letting AI defend is OP. I manual defend and am struggling badly. Obviously you can't control all defenders but my AI defenders seem to have such bad positioning and movement. I don't use team mate contain at all and am wondering if that's my problem?

Comments

• Seahawks1
    Can anyone help?
  • Daddy
    5748 posts Big Money Move
    the only time you should be using team mate contain is when you are manually cutting passing lanes and pressing team mate press to cover the player on the ball, if you use it any other time your players will be all over the field
  • Seahawks1
    Daddy wrote: »
    the only time you should be using team mate contain is when you are manually cutting passing lanes and pressing team mate press to cover the player on the ball, if you use it any other time your players will be all over the field

That's what I thought but why is my AI defending so bad. I literally feel like I need to be clicking on everyone and doing everything as they are so useless. But then I'm hearing everyone else saying how OP AI defending is and people just play on 1 depth and let the AI autoblock. Seems like I'm playing a different game
  • cooz41289
    456 posts An Exciting Prospect
    What is your formation.. try a narrow one
  • Seahawks1
    cooz41289 wrote: »
    What is your formation.. try a narrow one

41212 atm!
  • FCBlunt
    3122 posts National Call-Up
    I only use it to pressure the GK with my ST while covering players with my LW/RW.

In defence, I dunno. I just work hard and keep my shape. If you make a mistake it’s a goal.
    I position more players than just the one I control. I run my FBs back, cover players with my CMs/CDM so they cant go easy thru the middle.

I feel very comfortable winning the ball on the wing. So I usually try to press my opponent out there.

Try finding a place you’re comfortable winning the ball, and then press your opponents into that space.
  • truegunn3r
    10096 posts Has That Special Something
    Since the last patch team mate contain has massively been nerfed down. Now the team mate contain player just jogs to the player and does not sprint. It is almost non existent in the game. You should only use it when you when you are manually closing passing lanes.