The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Reasons for these UCL cards?

Stevo_CT
3205 posts National Call-Up
Why have cards been released that are identical to gold cards?
Yet they are more expensive, added to this the objectives which require using UCL cards, it forces me to pay more for the same player that I already have in my club in certain situations:

... I got a GK and CB UCL from an objective pack, but then to advance I need to score with a UCL player, forcing me to buy a striker who is 4x the price of his gold card, which I already have in my club.
I'm not ranting, I'm simply looking for logical reasons, because other than player manipulation by EA, I cannot make sense of it.

Comments

• Andyh60
    702 posts An Exciting Prospect
    When have EA made sense in anything that has gone on in FUT?
  • ASX
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite
    Everyone is doing the same objectives.

Buy a ucl card then sell him at the same price when you're done with objectives and before they expire.

I recommend Jovic, good card for the goals objectives.
  • Stevo_CT
    3205 posts National Call-Up
    ASX wrote: »
    Everyone is doing the same objectives.

Buy a ucl card then sell him at the same price when you're done with objectives and before they expire.

I recommend Jovic, good card for the goals objectives.

Good advice, I did purchase, use, and sell as you recommended.

It's more the identical cards logic I'm stumped on.
  • Safehands84
    4006 posts National Call-Up
    They're pointless. I got Dortmund keeper in mm and some rubbish CB in 6 goals objective so was able to win 2 matches with them in team got hermoso as my rare player and nothing in the sbc songs to buy a 6k striker. I just went with highest rated I could find, an 84 from atlanta. I'll just keep for future sbc. Not scored yet but shouldn't be a problem.
  • CaptainDan-
    1854 posts Fans' Favourite
    You are correct, it's completely stupid and adds nothing to the game. The objectives are lazy and stink of EA running out of ideas. This lack of effort and creativity is exactly the reason people are getting bored of this FIFA so quickly.
  • lastfifa
    2088 posts Fans' Favourite
    Packed blue Adan and cb from croatian league in common pack. Did next objective with them and pulled rare blue Milner. Pack objective did with blue Kovasic as striker.

Don't see any other points than sbc's and objectives will be harder with these blue cards.
  • MHoney1234
    10043 posts Has That Special Something
    Next to those Movember cards, probably the most pointless addition to any Fifa.
  • RVN_10
    458 posts Sunday League Hero
    You don't have to do every objective 🤷‍♂️
  • CustardHippo
    2432 posts Fans' Favourite
    I got Jaume Costa (LB from Valencia), just stuck him up front and subbed him off when he scored. Was less than ideal but not paying 7k for a striker when there are plenty of options for 700 coins if I wanted just some random lad up top.
  • Martythedoc
    2515 posts Fans' Favourite
    Its clearly to disrupt the market and making trading with special cards very awkward.

EA are trying to make trading irrelevant or a least very difficult.... because they want packs purchased
  • Grezzerk
    1173 posts Professional
    Completely pointless. What’s annoyed me is I’ve just packed sissoko ucl card. Went to compare price and he is extinct so was well happy thinking I just made like 50k. His max price is 10k.... his gold sells for double that... how incompetent can they be to release a ucl version of a player and set the max price to half of the standard gold card!? Utterly ridiculous
  • KRANG00
    1857 posts Play-Off Hero
    Grezzerk wrote: »
    Completely pointless. What’s annoyed me is I’ve just packed sissoko ucl card. Went to compare price and he is extinct so was well happy thinking I just made like 50k. His max price is 10k.... his gold sells for double that... how incompetent can they be to release a ucl version of a player and set the max price to half of the standard gold card!? Utterly ridiculous

It's been updated now but Lenglet's normal card was about 110k when these cards dropped and the UCL one had a 10k max price.........That's how incompetent they can be :D
  • Delboy13710
    6306 posts Big Money Move
    KRANG00 wrote: »

It's been updated now but Lenglet's normal card was about 110k when these cards dropped and the UCL one had a 10k max price.........That's how incompetent they can be :D

Nope sissoko still extinct hes Bin is still 10k
  • V l u m s d e n
    1914 posts Fans' Favourite
    This is one of eas greatest ❤️❤️❤️❤️ ups 😆
  • Grezzerk
    1173 posts Professional

Nope still 10k and extinct. How hard is it to just have the same price range as the gold card!? I mean it’s just common sense really, they released these cards early by mistake aswell so it’s not like they haven’t had time to actually think what there doing.
  • KRANG00
    1857 posts Play-Off Hero

Nope sissoko still extinct hes Bin is still 10k

I said Lenglet had been updated from 10k

Nope still 10k and extinct. How hard is it to just have the same price range as the gold card!? I mean it’s just common sense really, they released these cards early by mistake aswell so it’s not like they haven’t had time to actually think what there doing.

I meant Lenglet has been updated and used him as an example as his price normal price was even higher than Sissoko's

Either way they are useless :D
  • Lukaku9
    420 posts Sunday League Hero
    Its pointless
  • Vichy360
    208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Lukaku9 wrote: »
    Its pointless

• CaptainDan-
    RVN_10 wrote: »
    You don't have to do every objective 🤷‍♂️

We're not doing every objective. Just reviewing a pointless addition to the game.
  • AJS-17
    1135 posts Professional
    God knows, sbcs and objectives by the look of things
  • Janoe1
    7729 posts League Winner
    AJS-17 wrote: »
    God knows, sbcs and objectives by the look of things

• nicitel32
    2088 posts Fans' Favourite
    everybody moaning here as usual..grow up kids..nobody said u have to do the objectives....if u packed a blube card yesterday they insta sold for 10K..its a good thing....u dont have t buy fifa points to be able to open packs...
  • CaptainDan-
    nicitel32 wrote: »
    everybody moaning here as usual..grow up kids..nobody said u have to do the objectives....if u packed a blube card yesterday they insta sold for 10K..its a good thing....u dont have t buy fifa points to be able to open packs...

why not also release pink versions of the cards too? Maybe purple? for no reason other than complete this objective with a pink version... lol you must be entertained by paint drying as well mate
  • AJS-17
    1135 posts Professional
    nicitel32 wrote: »

People moaning about people moaning as usual hhahaha, for what its worth I agree, rubbish content is better than no content IMO, and i'm a sucker for different coloured cards (even if they are the same) also loving all the different objectives, i think its great
  • Dannyh328
    274 posts Sunday League Hero
    I just dont understand the thought process of having the ucl cards the same as base cards unless their dynamic , but their not so it makes no sence
  • xFATAL
    5009 posts Big Money Move
    Everything they do this year is tied to killing longterm investments and this is one of them. People were making a ton off UCL cards last year.
  • Fab
    19442 posts World Class
    Since they made objectives the new big thing it's smart for them because high prices for these blue cards = more people buying packs without ruining the normal gold market. Win-win for EA.
  • Basket
    98 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I got 2 cb's from UCl 2 player pack and a cdm from an sbc pack . i put all 3 in front on the LW/ST/RW position .. named my team '1 UCL goal plz' .. and just hoped a random rival opponent let me score.

Took me 4 tries to get the goals done.
  • EisenErmin
    8238 posts League Winner
    xFATAL wrote: »
    Everything they do this year is tied to killing longterm investments and this is one of them. People were making a ton off UCL cards last year.

THIS! I turned 3 million into 8 million within 24hours when the UCL cards were released the first time last year. That basicly paid for TOTY Ronaldo alone
  • oldboiler
    2395 posts Fans' Favourite
    Tbh I’m just selling all my rare golds and buying the UCL versions that are at the same price. There will be a point where they will be in low supply - probably RTTF SBCs