How does one get a game of Rivals without delay

Heppers
3451 posts National Call-Up
Not sure I've ever experienced the sensation of a rivals match where there is little to no delay. Any tips, currently losing to woeful players because of it

Comments

• Puskas
    993 posts Professional
    Avoid French players. 15+ years and they still use dial-up
  • AjaxLegends
    3860 posts National Call-Up
    I cleared/reset the MAC on my Xbox and that seemed to help after the update. But could have been a coincidence.
  • Heppers
    I'm literally leaving after 5 game mins as soon as I realise how bad the gameplay is each game. No way I'm handing anyone a free win if they're using a META dropback team
  • Edu
    7426 posts League Winner
    The problem is in the server.
    Before the game starts it shows 3-4 green bars and there is a lag anyways.
  • Ulook92
    21152 posts Club Captain
    I think iv had lag/delay in like 3 games in Fifa 20. Yet everyoneelse on here apparently cant play the game because of it.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    27427 posts Player of the Year
    Ulook92 wrote: »
    I think iv had lag/delay in like 3 games in Fifa 20. Yet everyoneelse on here apparently cant play the game because of it.

Same :lol:
  • Heppers

Man you are one lucky motherf***er then. Turning with someone even as agile as Salah feels like I'm turning a truck that's stuck in cement
  • RebelRob
    7078 posts Big Money Move
    It’s just the servers.

I’ve had a few games where it’s been great, and then all of a sudden it goes to ❤️❤️❤️❤️. Passes not going where they’re aimed, huge button lag and skills still not registering etc.

Sadly until ea invest in new/better/more servers were all ❤️❤️❤️❤️ until then.
  • YOLOT0URE
    7906 posts League Winner

Same. It seems as though it’s the go-to excuse now. Crazy when most these guys are in the top 3 divisions and didn’t have any issues when they were smacking people about in d6
  • Danic123
    3784 posts National Call-Up

Then Good luck to you mate. If 90% of people on here have delay then 90% of your opponents will likely have it & you should clear up online.

I have delay in about 3/5 games and it’s very noticeable. The 2/5 I don’t have delay, there’s still something there but nothing that would effect the result I would say.

I’ve not lost in about 15 games on rivals, but I’ve been lucky in some that’s for sure. I don’t like relying on luck, trying to switch players is a nightmare if your opponent is quick at passing side to side, whilst on the offence skill moves go out the window and basic build up play is the norm. Only times I can carve someone open is when I muscle memory the passes but it’s reliant on luck.
  • ColeWorld
    14019 posts Has That Special Something
    Rivals is worse than WL for me for whatever reason
  • Pugzilla
    17329 posts World Class
    How do you stop delay?

Take a long hard look at urself and,

Git

Gud.
  • Mid-day servers are pure toxic, suck it up and love the DELAY :smiley:
  • ColeWorld
    14019 posts Has That Special Something
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    How do you stop delay?

Git

Gud.

Bs
  • WFCBagnall
    88012 posts Moderator

Same, but 0 games.
  • Pugzilla
    17329 posts World Class
    ColeWorld wrote: »
    How do you stop delay?

Git

Gud.

Bs

I may or may not have been joking.

• NornIron
    14843 posts World Class
    edited October 2019
    At the minute for me there's a massive difference between day time and after 10pm at night. Night time is great during the day not really worth playing.
    My broadband tests are the same at both times.
    Post edited by NornIron on
  • Ulook92
    21152 posts Club Captain
    Danic123 wrote: »

Then Good luck to you mate. If 90% of people on here have delay then 90% of your opponents will likely have it & you should clear up online.

Solid statement :joy:
  • Ulook92
    21152 posts Club Captain
    NornIron wrote: »
    At the minute for me there's a massive difference between day time and after 10pm at night. Night time is great during the day not really worth daying.
    My broadband tests are the same at both times.

Tbf. I used to get this feeling in fifa 19. It got to the point where i didnt bother playing during the day as i fely like everything was aleays against me. Yet when id play 11pm onwards after work i would be wiping the floor with people. Still never had much lag/delay but just yhe way the games went.
  • PelzyWelzy
    10626 posts Has That Special Something
    Delay in rivals has been rampant for me since it’s inception in 19 - was okay for about a week at start of game but since then it’s been horrific once more.

WL gameplay was a joy to behold in comparison.. just a pain that I rarely get to play WL (once every 6 weeks if I’m lucky). Not been able to test that theory in 20 yet due to my life schedule but I imagine it’s the same.

Don’t understand why it is that way.
  • ImmigrantMentality
    6593 posts Big Money Move
    no idea. i've had maybe 3 games without delay in the past two weeks.
  • Jackadinho
    2263 posts Fans' Favourite
    I just have ❤️❤️❤️❤️ internet so I’m use to it. My game stops starts every 5 in-game mins somehow still fluke wins
  • Absting159
    7885 posts Moderator
    I’m beginning to blame the lag on the poor animation mechanics. Think about it, animation A begins and takes 1 second to complete.

In that second, you input a skill move or tackle. Because the animation takes 1 full second to complete, anything you input is ignored during that animation.

The game is broken. That’s all.
  • Pugzilla
    17329 posts World Class
    Absting159 wrote: »
    I’m beginning to blame the lag on the poor animation mechanics. Think about it, animation A begins and takes 1 second to complete.

In that second, you input a skill move or tackle. Because the animation takes 1 full second to complete, anything you input is ignored during that animation.

This is a big thing that lots dont talk about. I came from Madden and "good" animations can make the differences in the game.
  • BrentfordFC
    13514 posts Has That Special Something
    Get guud :trollface:
  • ORANGEeffect05
    27427 posts Player of the Year
    Absting159 wrote: »

This is a big thing that lots dont talk about. I came from Madden and "good" animations can make the differences in the game.

It was also part of the language of their pitch notes
  • Pugzilla
    17329 posts World Class
    Get guud :trollface:

This man gets it. All about just gittin gud.
  • Ulook92
    21152 posts Club Captain
    edited October 2019