Having no icon SBC's killed the market...

lolowalsh
306 posts An Exciting Prospect
Thanks Ea for taking icon SBC's out of the game now my 84's and trash walkouts/ IF's are worth nothing.. and with the game going forward they will be only 5 or 6 nift gold cards that are above 100k.

Not only that but prime icons will be insanely expensive to buy off the market with no SBC's that it will make it even harder for f2p to grind towards: Gullit, R9 type players.

Comments

• ASX
    3047 posts National Call-Up
    No icon SBC and no league SBC killed it, it's how they want it now it seems.

They want the normal cards available to the average player and it seems an incentive to spend on points to obtain the rare cards like icons.
  • AJS-17
    1135 posts Professional
    They'll start releasing more desirable sbcs soon to boost up the 84s 85s etc.... They should have a repeatable SBC, 84 rated team for a 50k pack or something
  • Dubbly
    1236 posts Professional
    The market being dead is a good thing. Players are cheap, rewards are high. 3 weeks into the game you can easily build a mid level team without trouble.
  • kraid
    5274 posts Big Money Move
    It’s not just icon sbc’s. Ea can Boost player prices whenever they want. They just need decent sbc’s. When auba potm came out all high rated sbc fodder doubled, and he wasn’t even a great card
  • lolowalsh
    ASX wrote: »
    No icon SBC and no league SBC killed it, it's how they want it now it seems.

They want the normal cards available to the average player and it seems an incentive to spend on points to obtain the rare cards like icons.

Shame the gap between f2p players and pay2win players will be even bigger.. and we thought fifa 19 was pay2win.
  • iggypop
    601 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Trading is a chore this year! Need to land big on an investment
  • lolowalsh
    I just want to know why they axed icon sbcs it was the only way to compete vs p2w players? If its team variety its ❤️❤️❤️❤️ nearly every team is higher divisions has neymar, mbappe and messi etc...
  • lolowalsh
    iggypop wrote: »
    Trading is a chore this year! Need to land big on an investment

More depressing that packing a walkout and finding out it's a 15k player I mean why even make them a walkout in the first place.
  • Dubbly
    1236 posts Professional
    lolowalsh wrote: »

Shame the gap between f2p players and pay2win players will be even bigger.. and we thought fifa 19 was pay2win.

Is it though? F2P players can get 1-2 icons before Xmas. OTW Ndombele who was/is decent for the first month to get started. They’ve just released Dzeko who looks like a monster for 0 coins. There’s more rewards than before it feels like in terms of coins.

Like you are getting decent players just for playing the game and doing some objectives. I think the only ones getting salty about this are people who can no longer hoard IF’s and 84’s for months until they can make 300% profit.
  • Grezzerk
    1173 posts Professional
    I just want to know why they axed icon sbcs it was the only way to compete vs p2w players? If its team variety its **** nearly every team is higher divisions has neymar, mbappe and messi etc...

They axed the icon sbcs because people was hoarding rubbish icons to sell for profit when a desirable icon sbc released. To be honest the price of bad icons has been a lot lower this year than last so they fixed that problem atleast.
    Personally I think they should of just done icon sbcs that didn’t require you to submit an icon. That way nobody could hoard cards.
  • Jonx88
    944 posts Semi-Pro
    Grezzerk wrote: »
    I just want to know why they axed icon sbcs it was the only way to compete vs p2w players? If its team variety its **** nearly every team is higher divisions has neymar, mbappe and messi etc...

They axed the icon sbcs because people was hoarding rubbish icons to sell for profit when a desirable icon sbc released. To be honest the price of bad icons has been a lot lower this year than last so they fixed that problem atleast.
    Personally I think they should of just done icon sbcs that didn’t require you to submit an icon. That way nobody could hoard cards.

This makes sense until you realise that they are taking base icons out of packs mid december so limiting there supply and making them expensive again.
  • Razovar
    1745 posts Fans' Favourite
    This is fine with me. I can afford the best team I’ve had in the last 5 years already.
  • Grezzerk
    1173 posts Professional
    Jonx88 wrote: »

This makes sense until you realise that they are taking base icons out of packs mid december so limiting there supply and making them expensive again.

I think there price will actually go down. When the middle icons are released then the base ones won’t be as desirable so should be cheaper. That’s when we will know if the pack weight for icons is up this year anyway. If there base price drops massively then they must of been packed a lot. I got my first icon this year already. Got 4 last year.
  • lolowalsh
    Dubbly wrote: »

Is it though? F2P players can get 1-2 icons before Xmas. OTW Ndombele who was/is decent for the first month to get started. They’ve just released Dzeko who looks like a monster for 0 coins. There’s more rewards than before it feels like in terms of coins.

Like you are getting decent players just for playing the game and doing some objectives. I think the only ones getting salty about this are people who can no longer hoard IF’s and 84’s for months until they can make 300% profit.

Last year we had prime Rio and prime Makelele at this time. The icon being put in this set are hardly better than gold cards.. in fact most of these icons in this set were just SBC fodders for better icons.
  • kraid
    Jonx88 wrote: »

When base goes out prime comes in, many will sell their base to upgrade. Base icons will stay low for the most part.
  • suxxio
    707 posts Semi-Pro
    Razovar wrote: »
    This is fine with me. I can afford the best team I’ve had in the last 5 years already.

Isn't that boring so early after release?
  • Staxdoobie
    1916 posts Play-Off Hero
    I got my first icon this year already. Got 4 last year.

Right, now I know you're definitely red-listed!
  • Dubbly
    1236 posts Professional
    Last year we had prime Rio and prime Makelele at this time. The icon being put in this set are hardly better than gold cards.. in fact most of these icons in this set were just SBC fodders for better icons.

Did they cost zero coins as well?

And lol @ Ferdinand, Gerrard, Zanetti, Hagi being hardly better than gold cards.
  • princeapalia
    1080 posts Professional
    EA’s plan working perfectly. Make a huge gap between <89 rated golds and the rest of the top tier cards.

You can get a good team time, but if you want a super team you have to buy points.
  • Grezzerk
    1173 posts Professional
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    I got my first icon this year already. Got 4 last year.

Right, now I know you're definitely red-listed!

No million plus player just yet though, hopefully soon. I did pack reus and martial in the schweinsteiger sbc which made me laugh because it meant I was actually up 120k after the sbc haha
  • Hibee
    12409 posts Has That Special Something
    Its all about those FP sales guys. Absolutely everything EA do is with that in mind. They are trying to kill trading and investing. Some people seem to celebrate this for some reason. I don't get that at all. The alternative to trading is spending real money.
  • lolowalsh

And lol @ Ferdinand, Gerrard, Zanetti, Hagi being hardly better than gold cards.

Ferdinand: Varane, Militao, VVD, Halloween Otamendi.

Gerrard: Pogba

Zanetti: Walker, Cancelo

Hagi: Ben yedder.
  • kraid

You’re comparing hagi to Ben yedder? Come on m8 that’s some stretch. Zanetti is better then walker and cancelo if they were both playing rb together.

These are terrible comparisons
  • Mr_Matchup1
    6434 posts Big Money Move

Pretty much agree with this , a lot of the icons ain't that great. It's more the nostalgia of playing with players you remember fondly. You have your Ronaldo, Pele's ect who are obviously good but the majority are easily replaceable by rare gold's for a tenth of the price
  • Pooter
    4802 posts Big Money Move
    Like they said about 19’s icon sbc, the prices were ridiculously high, no point continuing with it
  • Invincibility
    4661 posts National Call-Up
    Nothing holds any value without ICON SBCs.. It's all about decreasing your coin value on cards from EA perspective so you buy FP.. Zero excitement when opening your rewards! Absolute a shame by making an ECONOMIST your content manager..

Surely EA pays their employees bonuses according to the FP Sales
  • Nervous_Nick
    6357 posts Big Money Move
    Without icon sbcs, it will be impossible for most players to use the best icons...these cards will remain super expensive.
  • Martythedoc
    2515 posts Fans' Favourite

They want it p2w, more money for them
  • lolowalsh
    kraid wrote: »

You’re comparing hagi to Ben yedder? Come on m8 that’s some stretch. Zanetti is better then walker and cancelo if they were both playing rb together.

These are terrible comparisons

Gold Ben yedder has 88 finishing with 5 star weakfoot and hes getting an inform as well so he wont be far
  • Bapinho
    2523 posts Fans' Favourite
    yeah ben yedder is a beast; will take his gold NIF over hagi anyday. But hagi is CAM and yedder ST so dont know if its a good comparison