Premier League Lounge 2019-20

Ahmer50x
22911 posts Club Captain
pl_19-20_detail_page_club_graphic.png

Use this thread for general discussion of the Premier League.

Comments

• Kellnerr
    3548 posts National Call-Up
    First
  • wth22
    11229 posts Has That Special Something
    Will quote this post when Liverpool inevitably bottle it
  • G000ner
    4787 posts National Call-Up
    Nice one
  • SDoofus
    6430 posts Big Money Move
    Title and OP is aesthetically pleasing.

Thread accepted.
  • finsfan85
    13397 posts Has That Special Something
    OP should have the current table and leading goal scorers in it.
  • G000ner
    4787 posts National Call-Up
    finsfan85 wrote: »

Then it would need to be updated each week. People can just leave a comment with the table after each week if they want
  • Apollo
    19444 posts World Class
    edited October 2019
    Writing this post so the thread shows up in the participated discussions
  • Tornado31619
    21119 posts Club Captain
    Unrelated, but do you guys think we should have a European football lounge? For CL and EL. Same purpose.
  • Ahmer50x
    22911 posts Club Captain

You’re very welcome to post it each week but I’m not going to do that.
  • Farlz
    8874 posts League Winner
    VAR needs to be binned
  • arsenalap
    8075 posts League Winner
    Unrelated, but do you guys think we should have a European football lounge? For CL and EL. Same purpose.

Theres a CL one already.
  • Ahmer50x
    22911 posts Club Captain
    Farlz wrote: »
    VAR needs to be binned

I’d rather see VAR corrected (lower threshold to overrule the referee) than binned but if they insist on the current form, then bin it
  • Apollo
    19444 posts World Class
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    VAR needs to be binned

I’d rather see VAR corrected (lower threshold to overrule the referee) than binned but if they insist on the current form, then bin it

100% this.

There's no problem with the technology itself, the rule just needs to be changed about when those using it can overrule the ref and it massively improves.
  • Ahmer50x
    22911 posts Club Captain
    Apollo wrote: »
    VAR needs to be binned

100% this.

There's no problem with the technology itself, the rule just needs to be changed about when those using it can overrule the ref and it massively improves.

I almost feel like they had it right for the first 1-2 weeks then the threshold increased for some reason in practice
  • Farlz
    8874 posts League Winner
    edited October 2019
    I just don't like it tbh. It quite frankly doesn't work right now, they don't overrule the ref because they don't want to upset their mates. 3 times this season I've celebrated a Villa goal only for it to be overturned moments later which also has done my head in :D Ruins the celebrations later if you score again as well.

Not a fan. Needs big big improvements and quickly.
  • SDoofus
    6430 posts Big Money Move
    The ref should be able to have a chance to change his mind by watching it on a monitor. I can’t believe that we don’t have that in the PL.
  • Ahmer50x
    22911 posts Club Captain
    SDoofus wrote: »
    The ref should be able to have a chance to change his mind by watching it on a monitor. I can’t believe that we don’t have that in the PL.

That's the way they do it in the CL if I remember from PSG away. Evidently the reason we don't do it in the Prem is that it wastes time.

I'd far prefer it.
  • arsenalap
    8075 posts League Winner
    SDoofus wrote: »

It is there I think but they are refusing to use it.

I think it's the best way to resolve issues.
  • Wyojasond
    14151 posts Has That Special Something
    I think they need to look back at some of there rules. VAR I feel like for the most part has worked fine, it’s the interpretation of the rules and whether it’s clear and obvious that has so many problems.

One of the biggest things I remember hearing from fans last year was how much it would slow down the game. I like that they don’t go to the monitor and prefer the ref in the box making a quick decision.
  • Pxul_
    9366 posts League Winner
    I’ve just seen highlights of the spurs Watford game. And VAR had a mare in that game aswell.

2 clear penalties completely ignored, it needs to change.
    VAR needs to be binned

100% this.

I almost feel like they had it right for the first 1-2 weeks then the threshold increased for some reason in practice

This is true they just don’t have the balls to overrule the ref.
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    I’ve just seen highlights of the spurs Watford game. And VAR had a mare in that game aswell.

VAR needs to be binned

100% this.

Are you still seething about that Origi dive? You should be thankful you got anything out of that game yesterday.
  • Pxul_
    9366 posts League Winner
    Retro_G wrote: »

VAR needs to be binned

100% this.

Are you still seething about that Origi dive? You should be thankful you got anything out of that game yesterday.

Looking for where I mentioned origi?

Someone is a little bit obsessed now aren’t they😂
  • Wyojasond
    14151 posts Has That Special Something

VAR needs to be binned

100% this.

Don’t mind Retro. He thought Henderson should’ve been sent off for touching a United players face who flopped to the ground 🙄
  • finsfan85

VAR needs to be binned

100% this.

Don’t mind Retro. He thought Henderson should’ve been sent off for touching a United players face who flopped to the ground 🙄

One of the biggest floppers in the league.
  • Apollo
    19444 posts World Class

VAR needs to be binned

100% this.

All of this anger towards anything United can't be good for your blood pressure. You're obsessed :D
  • finsfan85

VAR needs to be binned

100% this.

All of this anger towards anything United can't be good for your blood pressure. You're obsessed :D

No anger. Just facts.
  • Vies_Adams_Apple
    142 posts Has Potential To Be Special

You’re very welcome to post it each week but I’m not going to do that.

So you can't be bothered to maintain the lounge and make it presentable but you're happy to claim the adoration of the premier league minions by being the owner of the thread? Shame on you, Ahmer50x.
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain

VAR needs to be binned

100% this.

Intentional slap, never said he should be sent off, but he did deserve a yellow.
  • arsenalap
    8075 posts League Winner
    We aren't winning this with that lineup
  • Pxul_
    9366 posts League Winner
    edited October 2019
    arsenalap wrote: »
    We aren't winning this with that lineup

What’s it like?

Edit: just seen it, surely willock and xhaka shouldvs been swapped and have cebellos in the 10?