Lag cheaters

Pb91
352 posts Sunday League Hero
edited October 2019
Sick of playing people especially on weekend league who just cause lag whenever you have the ball then suddenly stops when they have it back. Always at key parts of the game. Reported players and even rang EA on the phone a few times, one of the advisors even addmitted it happens to him and he only plays rivals now. Why is there no clamp down on this issue?

Comments

• Forca-Barca
    3453 posts National Call-Up
    How do you even prove this? Maybe they just have crappy internet.... maybe too many people play and servers can’t handle it
  • HDouble
    2643 posts National Call-Up
    I felt that for the first time this weekend I was though on goal and all of a sudden it freezes and then fast forwards rapidly but any time o had the ball I couldn’t pass switch players and he was walking through my team in full control
  • TheSBCKing
    280 posts Sunday League Hero
    i have the feeling its just the servers tbh. they've been pretty poor for a while but seem to get worse by the week
  • Eisenhardt
    4255 posts National Call-Up
    Pb91 wrote: »
    Sick of playing people especially on weekend league who just cause lag whenever you have the ball then suddenly stops when they have it back. Always at key parts of the game. Reported players and even rang EA on the phone a few times, one of the advisors even addmitted it happens to him and he only plays rivals now. Why is there no clamp down on this issue?

That's not how dedicated servers work. Your opponent can't affect your connection to the server.
  • Pb91
    If you think you can’t create lag get a friend round play against each other online and start downloading 4k vids and see what happens.
  • Revolve2099
    120 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Eisenhardt wrote: »

That's not how dedicated servers work. Your opponent can't affect your connection to the server.

How do servers work mate? I work with servers and design enterprise server/software infrastructures and its really easy to introduce latency onto a local or remote server. For example I can send random urls's to say www.microsoft.com/siteA or SiteB repeatedly multiple times and the server will be overloaded with 404 errors and can crash the web server.

Lag switching is real as it introduces a small delays, and when their are udp packets missing this is were lag compensation comes in and tries to predict what thet lost udp information is.

Read up on lag compensation and udp packets in games champ
  • Eisenhardt

How do servers work mate? I work with servers and design enterprise server/software infrastructures and its really easy to introduce latency onto a local or remote server. For example I can send random urls's to say www.microsoft.com/siteA or SiteB repeatedly multiple times and the server will be overloaded with 404 errors and can crash the web server.

Lag switching is real as it introduces a small delays, and when their are udp packets missing this is were lag compensation comes in and tries to predict what thet lost udp information is.

Are you saying people playing the WL are DDOSing EA servers ?
  • Eisenhardt
    If you think you can’t create lag get a friend round play against each other online and start downloading 4k vids and see what happens.

That's because one of you will be the host of that game as it's P2P. WL is played on dedicated servers.
  • Rulistening
    1989 posts Fans' Favourite
    To be fair I came across this myself, hit a huge lag spike where it wouldn’t let me pass etc. My opponent scored and then the game went back to normal again,

I know how dedicated servers are meant to work- but I think there’s something in this, seems far too unlikely to have been a coincidence, I even took a ps video clip of it happening also and have footage from before with no lag and straight after he scored no lag
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    edited October 2019

That's because one of you will be the host of that game as it's P2P. WL is played on dedicated servers.

High ping players have been ruining the experience for low ping players on dedicated servers for years. It happens all the time in shooters. The low ping player is shot around corners while in cover because of the high ping player, or you're dead in what looks like one bullet with an assault rifle that is meant to take 5 or more bullets.

Something similar happens in Fifa, in certain games you feel a few milliseconds behind the play. You will be in the passing lane, waiting for the interception, the ball will still go past you. Going for a shot, the keeper is rushing out on top of you before you can get the shot away and even though it looked like you had lots of time.
  • Eisenhardt
    Retro_G wrote: »

High ping players have been ruining the experience for low ping players on dedicated servers for years. It happens all the time in shooters. The low ping player is shot around corners while in cover because of the high ping player, or you're dead in what looks like one bullet with an assault rifle that is meant to take 5 or more bullets.

Something similar happens in Fifa, in certain games you feel a few milliseconds behind the play. You will be in the passing lane, waiting for the interception, the ball will still go past you. Going for a shot, the keeper is rushing out on top of you before you can get the shot away and even though it looked like you had lots of time.

Yeah I just spent the last hour or so reading up on this. I now understand that lagsploiting is possible depending on the game and its servers. TIL I guess and I take what I said before back.
  • Revolve2099

Are you saying people playing the WL are DDOSing EA servers ?

Correct DDOS attacks and other various forms of attacks are done on a constant basis daily to organisations. In this scenario your opponent overloads the servers, and getting a servers IP is ❤️❤️❤️❤️ easy.

People in this community are absolutely pathetic and lifeless, doing what ever they can to get the upper hand.

Last WL I played a top one hundred player and was 3-0 up, and going for my 4th goal but, my Messi was running like he never had any legs and couldnt shoot but then on the counter and during the counter it sped up and my opponent got the goal lost on penalties and even the penalties were lagging. I completely outplayed him but hey people are pathetic and will win at all costs.

• Pb91
    Just played an obvious cheat psn name nathanlhermitte0 literally only lagged when i had the ball in his half especially near his box or just on the counter then as soon as they had the ball back it went smooth. Reported him but can pretty much guarantee EA wont do anything
  • Pb91
    Whats the point in playing anymore the game is full of cheats. Played half my weekend games and 6 of the opponents have been using lag switches. Done with fifa until EA publicly does something about it.
  • Revolve2099
    Hey champ I only stop at Gold 3, and still have 10 games left to play. When I'm up by 2 or 3 goals my players are sluggish and get the speed up lag. So this game, community and company are pathetic.
  • Pb91
    See in my mind if you get one you should get the other for whoevers lagged to catch up to the server, but when it just lags when you have the ball and stops when opponent gets it back its quite obvious some pathetic cheat who can’t play the game properly. Been on COD past couple of days anyway, EA should copy what they have done with the ping match on games.
  • Pb91
    edited November 2019
    Played another 4 cheats today. Reported them to EA. iisebby. MGT13es_zitex. Declan1410_. Apart from them games had some of the smoothest matches of any fifa so far.
  • munchie63
    3772 posts National Call-Up
    Just played an obvious cheat psn name nathanlhermitte0 literally only lagged when i had the ball in his half especially near his box or just on the counter then as soon as they had the ball back it went smooth. Reported him but can pretty much guarantee EA wont do anything

nobody likes a grass mate
  • munchie63
    3772 posts National Call-Up
    Played another 4 cheats today. Reported them to EA. iisebby. MGT13es_zitex. Declan1410_. Apart from them games had some of the smoothest matches of any fifa so far.

btw

your naming and shaming users without any proof

who's to say you're just pissed because they beat you ?

grow up or log off man
  • Pb91
    edited November 2019
    A grass? Play a game fairly! And proof has been found by EA considering i added 2 of them as friends and they have had they’re account removed. Probably a cheater yourself commenting like that.
  • The king
    425 posts An Exciting Prospect
    A grass? Play a game fairly! And proof has been found by EA considering i added 2 of them as friends and they have had they’re account removed. Probably a cheater yourself commenting like that.

Boy ,, this game is ruined by the laggy servers. It is all in your mind.
  • Pb91
    All in my mind? Google ps4 fifa lag switch see what comes up. Go on youtube and watch the guy doing it on nba2k20 just to show it can be done. Had a chat with EA on the phone today they are aware of the issue be going on since fifa 17 to their knowledge. They said just keep reporting players and they can see if they’ve been using third party applications. Sony even patented an anti lag software last year. So no not all in my mind at all....
  • Miigue
    827 posts Semi-Pro
    This is real, but I haven't come across this since fifa 19. It's pathetic
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    All in my mind? Google ps4 fifa lag switch see what comes up. Go on youtube and watch the guy doing it on nba2k20 just to show it can be done. Had a chat with EA on the phone today they are aware of the issue be going on since fifa 17 to their knowledge. They said just keep reporting players and they can see if they’ve been using third party applications. Sony even patented an anti lag software last year. So no not all in my mind at all....

Lag switching doesn't work on dedicated servers. That's only for peer to peer.
  • The king
    425 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited November 2019
    Retro_G wrote: »

Lag switching doesn't work on dedicated servers. That's only for peer to peer.
    100% right.
  • Pb91
    Are you actually serious? Lag switching is real theres videos of people doing it on EA servers just go check on youtube. EA advisor on the phone yesterday even admitted that they have been having problems with 3rd party applications such as lag switches since fifa 17.
  • Dazzler
    2116 posts Fans' Favourite
    munchie63 wrote: »

nobody likes a grass mate

Nobody likes a cheat or a person that defends cheats...... oh mate.
  • VCTORL5
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Sick of playing people too especially on weekend's league and rivals online. These cheaters just cause lag whenever you have the ball. It happens to me Today playing Rivals and the Online Draft. The other cheaters took advantage of that. I find outrageous that EA Sports cannot address this issue. I seriously considering not buying FIFA21 and not playing FIFA20 for PS4
  • GULAG
    1004 posts Professional
    Every now and again I experience this ... I don't take it seriously and let them have the win, 99% of the time it's some loser who has nothing and nothing going for him in life hence why they take the game and winning so seriously and play the game in a style that ruins it ... losers bud they have nothing and never will but time wasted on a game that's trash lol imo
  • These users need to be named and shamed, I’ll start
    user name on PS4 Daddymike