Penalty/ red card/ last man fouls need sorting out

DeanoZoff
4839 posts National Call-Up
edited October 2019
Seen untold last man fouls be given as a yellow while penalties are counting as red cards consistently.

Please get this sorted

Comments

• DeanoZoff
    Penalties and red cards are rarely given together these days as it counts as double punishment.

Yet on fifa a pen and red card have been given together loads of times.

While last man fouls stopping goalscoring opportunites only get yellow cards.

What a mess
  • YB_11_
    373 posts Sunday League Hero
    I totally agree with you. GK also need to get a red card when they take you down they never ever get sent of.
  • GK93
    891 posts Professional
    The problem is EA aren't sure what to do here, I made a perfect last ditch slide tackle with Laporte when my opponent had an open net 10 yards out, won the ball, opponent even said after the game it wasn't a pen, but, EA gave it, but no card, usually that's a telling sign it's a great tackle but EA give it anyway
  • Queens11
    3090 posts National Call-Up
    YB_11_ wrote: »
    I totally agree with you. GK also need to get a red card when they take you down they never ever get sent of.

Ive actually hadand seen gk sent off in two separate sb games this year for the first time in all my playing days of fifa lol
    To the op I totally agree referee decision are way to inconsistent last man take down on clear goal scoring opportunity one min it’s a pen and red card next it doesn’t count as foul then next time u get pen but player get slap on wrist and told not to do it again
  • Martythedoc
    2515 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 2019
    I had a game earlier where the same opposition player gave away 2 pens, no card. Me make one random circle tackle yellow. It's hilarious
  • Dawud
    16136 posts World Class
    Tackles from the back seem to work really well
  • Baddest_cubza_1
    3305 posts National Call-Up
    It’s not a red card if it’s a genuine attempt to win the ball
  • Embrared
    959 posts Semi-Pro
    It’s not a red card if it’s a genuine attempt to win the ball

Cheers Jeff
  • jackm57
    2432 posts Fans' Favourite
    Your GK cant be sent off in any online mode except Squad Battles
  • DeanoZoff
    The rule is that a red card doesnt get given with a penalty unless its a deliberate attempt to foul the player.

Last man foul outside the box should always be a red card, but rarely is.
  • BlackFridayRule
    1361 posts Professional
    I got a yellow card for a tackle in the penalty box, but no penalty.

And once in a similar situation i scored when the ref used the advantage rule, so he then gave a penalty, my best guess is that i lost the ball according to the ref.
  • Boabdust
    5119 posts Big Money Move
    Last man isn’t a red card offence
  • DeanoZoff
    Boabdust wrote: »

Theres more to it than that
  • Pooter
    4802 posts Big Money Move
    DeanoZoff wrote: »
    Seen untold last man fouls be given as a yellow while penalties are counting as red cards consistently.

Please get this sorted

Not true, I’ve been given reds when the player was the last man. I also assume you want the ref to throw cards around like confetti, its already too sensitive to my ‘tackling’ while nothing is done against them for tackling my players
  • Pooter
    4802 posts Big Money Move
    Boabdust wrote: »

Yes it is
  • Numberofluck27
    1478 posts Play-Off Hero
    Even in real football the referees making stupid mistakes, how can we expect it will not happen in FIFA.. I understand the frustration btw as I went crazy by myself if it happens to me haha
  • DeanoZoff
    Pooter wrote: »

Please get this sorted

Not true, I’ve been given reds when the player was the last man. I also assume you want the ref to throw cards around like confetti, its already too sensitive to my ‘tackling’ while nothing is done against them for tackling my players

I just want consistency.

Why woulf i want the refs to throw cards around like confetti?

Toxic
  • D14
    3539 posts National Call-Up
    Penalties and red cards are rarely given together these days as it counts as double punishment.

What a mess

I get that IRL it's the rule, but you have to look at it from a video game/ethics point of view, Imagine the absolute fury of your opponent being able to slash you down in the box and get away with only a yellow. It wouldn't work. It has to stay red otherwise everyone would just foul in the box and get away with it.
  • DeanoZoff
    D14 wrote: »

What a mess

I get that IRL it's the rule, but you have to look at it from a video game/ethics point of view, Imagine the absolute fury of your opponent being able to slash you down in the box and get away with only a yellow. It wouldn't work. It has to stay red otherwise everyone would just foul in the box and get away with it.

Yea they only get a yellow card but they also concede a penalty.
  • D14
    3539 posts National Call-Up

What a mess

Im telling you now, if my opponent was through on goal and I had the opportunity to foul them and not have a player sent off, stopping a definite goal for a chance to save a pen (most people can't take pens) I would 100% make the foul for the opportunity to save a pen.

It would absolutely ruin weekend league because people do anything to win.

• Martythedoc
    2515 posts Fans' Favourite

What a mess

Im telling you now, if my opponent was through on goal and I had the opportunity to foul them and not have a player sent off, stopping a definite goal for a chance to save a pen (most people can't take pens) I would 100% make the foul for the opportunity to save a pen.

It would absolutely ruin weekend league because people do anything to win.

I did it to stop a 100% equaliser goal in the 88th min when my opponent was racing clear with Mbappe, got him just before the box. I got a deserved red but it was worth it
    I'm not proud of it but I feel slightly less bad since all he did was try counters all game with a pretty strong team
  • In every single game the game gave casual penalty to my opponent and give mi Red card without even make nothing. This game Is broken