Are they ever going to fix headers?

Kaine_
155 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I've got the best striker in the world here he can't hit a barn door from 5 yards out

Comments

• Fifalegend2016
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    No. They said corners and headers won’t be fixed in a interview with euro gamer. They are meant to be like that.
  • Kaine_
    No. They said corners and headers won’t be fixed in a interview with euro gamer. They are meant to be like that.

They are meant to be utter dog drivel?
  • GULAG
    1004 posts Professional
    edited October 2019
    I hope not headers need to stay the way they are.
    Post edited by GULAG on
  • Martythedoc
    2515 posts Fans' Favourite
    No EA said we asked for this
  • Kaine_
    edited October 2019

Hmmm
  • Aguy9916
    1045 posts Professional

😂😂😂 is that true?... that's like removing tackling from the game completely if people complain it's too easy.

EA mentality cracks me up 😂😂😂
  • ARhymingApe
    125 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    How are you supposed to score them? I heard it's manual, but I time it right and hold the analog down, but it still goes into the stands.
  • Kaine_
    Aguy9916 wrote: »

😂😂😂 is that true?... that's like removing tackling from the game completely if people complain it's too easy.

I don't rememeber the "ruin headers" poll in all honesty.. must have slipped my radar that one 😂
  • Kaine_
    edited October 2019
    How are you supposed to score them? I heard it's manual, but I time it right and hold the analog down, but it still goes into the stands.

I can score them but there's been a lot of times where youre destined to score and they veer way off. It's a bug they're unwilling to fix I think.
  • Flymi
    752 posts Semi-Pro
    Hope not. They were way too easy for zero skill. Especially in this game where everyone just runs down the wing with 99 pace wingers. Imagine if they could just whip the ball in every time. Would be awful.
  • Martythedoc
    2515 posts Fans' Favourite

Yes it's true. The said something in an interview along the lines of "we heard the community that they didn't like the success rate of crossing so we have made it much less effective"
  • ICE_UP_SON
    1660 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2019
    Have they not done something to them? This past week I have scored far more headers than at the start of the game. When it first came out I couldn’t even put the ball on target with a header.
  • Mizzle
    703 posts Semi-Pro
    There’s nothing wrong with them, you just have to time them properly. Press it too early and your headers go over, press it too late and they go into the ground
  • Grezzerk
    1699 posts Play-Off Hero
    I thought they already fixed them or is it just me that thinks that? I’ve been scoring them more this past week.
  • Aguy9916
    1045 posts Professional

Yes it's true. The said something in an interview along the lines of "we heard the community that they didn't like the success rate of crossing so we have made it much less effective"

Crazy, I'd be the first to say they needed toning down from fifa 19, but there is toning down and removing completely...

They have made corners irrelevant

Free kicks pointless

Crossing redundant

Headers a total waste of possession

It's crazy....all we are left with is a run and pass and shoot through ball extravaganza!

Dont get me wrong I actually like this edition but that only makes me a but sad at just how good it could be if all those things were still in the game and nicely balanced.
  • Aguy9916
    1045 posts Professional
    Mizzle wrote: »
    There’s nothing wrong with them, you just have to time them properly. Press it too early and your headers go over, press it too late and they go into the ground

Is there a tutorial anywhere? I've been trying everything, most of the time I dont even get my head to the ball, it's a defender or keeper miraculously getting in the way
  • Nervous_Nick
    7219 posts League Winner
    “Fix headers, they were op in fifa19”
    “We don’t know how to do it properly”
    “Ok then. Just nerf them and make them totally useless”

“Traders made too much money out of sbcs last year, especially icon sbcs and league sbcs. Fix the market”
    “But we said the market is a living thing”
    “Ok then, no more icon sbcs and league sbcs. Also be sure to make every single sbcs super expensive so nobody will do them and prices won’t rise”
  • limjitwe
    10098 posts Has That Special Something
    I conceded 2 headers in a match just recently. There’s nothing wrong with headers if your opponent has delays.
  • Bakudu76
    3122 posts National Call-Up
    Kaine_ wrote: »

I don't rememeber the "ruin headers" poll in all honesty.. must have slipped my radar that one 😂

You Sure remember the 800 thread what cried over headers. Ne we got what we deserved as a community. Few people complained but made the most noise.
    For me headers were ok last year. Maybe a little strong late game with all the high jumping and H-Accuracy players. But this is what happens in a game mode where you can boost certain stats to max. And have a lot of cards and a few broken mechanics.
    They should have left heading the way it is but nerfed Skilling and tornado crosses.
    Just my two cents
  • RageRambler
    1133 posts Professional
    I'm trying to do this Dzeko, and headers are very difficult to get this objective completed....
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    I'm trying to do this Dzeko, and headers are very difficult to get this objective completed....

I don't think you need headers mate, I believe the low crosses work.
  • L1vingl1fe
    4829 posts National Call-Up
    I just avoid trying anymore (which is sad). I take short corners and use driven crosses in open play. I got sick of players missing sitters from 6 yards out because of this awful change
  • Kaine_

Crazy, I'd be the first to say they needed toning down from fifa 19, but there is toning down and removing completely...

They have made corners irrelevant

Free kicks pointless

Crossing redundant

Headers a total waste of possession

It's crazy....all we are left with is a run and pass and shoot through ball extravaganza!

Dont get me wrong I actually like this edition but that only makes me a but sad at just how good it could be if all those things were still in the game and nicely balanced.

Exactly. From the AI they removed chip balls in clubs. What type of balance is that? Football contains all sorts of things. You don't just remove stuff to keep certain people happy. Crossing is biz you're right..