Got a question, since the last update have any of you noticed gameplay becoming similar to 19?

13
I SiR MartY I
5855 posts Big Money Move
Just wondering because I've done the update, played 9/10 games and noticed that the catch up boost CBs got on 19 is there now, when I have 90+ pace players they don't burst away like they would a few weeks ago, they actually run like they've hurt themselves and lose all pace and when a fast player breaks through my defence, I feel like I can catch them pretty easily and win the ball back because its like the game is slowing them down and speeding me up.

Also touches when you get in and around the box seem to be heavier like 19 now, like the closer you get to the goal, the worse the touch, the more sluggish the dribble, the harder it feels to make a chance because the ball just bounces away even off 90+ ball control players while a few weeks ago even harder to control passes were possible to keep in and make a chance from.

These were two of my biggest issues with 19 and maybe I'm just wearing a tinfoil hat but feels like they've returned with the latest update.

Wondering if anyone has noticed the same or any other similarites to 19 since the update.

Comments

  • Pocketsquareguy
    6217 posts Big Money Move
    I’ve noticed that a version of the fifa 19 catch up mechanic is back. I just packed untradebale mbappe. And when the game decides otamendi will track him down (not scream).
  • I SiR MartY I
    5855 posts Big Money Move
    I’ve noticed that a version of the fifa 19 catch up mechanic is back. I just packed untradebale mbappe. And when the game decides otamendi will track him down (not scream).

    Yeah, I played a few games of UT and a couple games of Clubs, on UT my 60 pace defender was keeping up with STs while my 90 pace ST was struggling to run through defenders with 50-60 pace, even with a headstart and flicking the ball on.

    Its not as bad as the 19 catchup but its there.
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    edited October 2019
    I'm pretty sure they've been nerfing pace since the first patch. On EA access you'd feel the pace of your wingers against defenders. If your opponent didn't manually switch, anticipate the pass to your winger, he'd never catch up.
    Post edited by Retro_G on
  • Wz000
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    Since the first patch last FIFA I’m buying
  • I SiR MartY I
    5855 posts Big Money Move
    Retro_G wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they've been nerfing pace since the first patch. On EA access you would you'd feel the pace of your wingers against defenders. If your opponent didn't manually switch, anticipate the pass to your winger, he'd never catch up.

    Yeah, absolutely. Defending had you nervous because the striker getting in behind was a clear 1v1 and there wasn't anything you could do about it but now, a striker getting in behind feels like it did on 19, absolutely not bothered at all because I know ill catch them up.

    Even with an 80 pace player I felt like a few yards of space, i was gone, now 90+ doesn't feel like 90+ did a few weeks ago.
  • Dunkirk
    395 posts Sunday League Hero
    Its FIFA 19 all over again mate. This isn’t close to anything like it was pre-patch. Horrible horrible stuff.
  • Grahammbe2
    510 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yep change of the light bridge still there
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    4717 posts National Call-Up
    Not sure if I can mention this catch-up mechanism as I already got banned for it once, but yeah, it's back, yet not as blatant as last year.
  • CustardHippo
    2876 posts Fans' Favourite
    Only for my opponent, my players still get outrun along the back line and clean in on goal, but my opponents close me down like lives are depending on it.
  • jackm57
    2427 posts Fans' Favourite
    With AI defending, absolutely, High pressure with drop back makes for fifa 19 gameplay. AI defending including blocks and interceptions need to be nerfed ASAP
  • Covkilla91mob
    2023 posts Fans' Favourite
    This Slow pace thing has been there since early days I remember Mertesaker was able to catch up to Biabiany and Ibarbo .

    It's Just how they want all players to enjoy the game for more of a causal effect .

    I will say on 16 and 18 pre patch you could burn with how bad AI defence was which I liked as manual was superior .

    I find now pace is about time of run and if a defender is already in the lane in front of your pacey player he will keep up.

    I play any in pro clubs each night and stop 98 pace player with 70 80 pace as I track before it happens .

    Pace now is more suited imo for counters than any Fifa and makes Drop back a tactic to go to .

    I personally don't like drop back fine it boring and I like ball possesion and can't stand sitting off to invite plays and pressure .

    I think the rubber band thing is never going with the current build and pace of on ball .
  • I SiR MartY I
    5855 posts Big Money Move
    Dunkirk wrote: »
    Its FIFA 19 all over again mate. This isn’t close to anything like it was pre-patch. Horrible horrible stuff.

    Yeah, I didn't want to be one of those people that straight after a patch scream "EA have ruined the game" mostly because the game wasn't great before patches anyway :joy: but honestly, it feels like FIFA 19 all over again. Pace is irrelevant, blocks and interceptions are done by the game, touches are horrible and the game is incredibly sluggish.
  • Robmu22
    1418 posts Professional
    It's getting more and more like fifa 19 after every patch.

    AI defending is no where near as bad as 19, but it's getting more assisted after every patch.

    Regardless of the players pace attributes, extremely slow player's now suddenly get a boost and can catch extremely quick players.

    Passing is so much easier, which I hate. I can now comfortably do no look 180's

    Stamina drain is practically non existent, just keep your finger glued to sprint with no punishment.
  • Aqeel87
    2916 posts Fans' Favourite
    Totally agree. All ❤️❤️❤️❤️ that we hated about 19 are back with full force after patches.
  • Orison
    55468 posts National Treasure
    The game barely changed with any patch so far.

    This is almost exactly as the game was during ea access, but with worse/more crowded servers.

    I really wonder which game some of the people in this thread are playing. Can't be fifa 20.
  • That's why I no longer play. Fed up of player stats not being properly represented in the gameplay. Strong players being out muscled by the likes of Lucas Maura and fast players caught by slow defenders. 90+ shooting players will miss everything while your opponents low rated pacey striker will score a Hattrick.

    To finish off this mess. The most meta tactic is to have 9 players in your own box for 90 minutes while you ping 70 yard through balls on the counter. I got suckered in at launch. But, I am not wasting my time on this patch.
  • Aqeel87
    2916 posts Fans' Favourite
    Orison wrote: »
    The game barely changed with any patch so far.

    This is almost exactly as the game was during ea access, but with worse/more crowded servers.

    I really wonder which game some of the people in this thread are playing. Can't be fifa 20.

    There you go 😂
  • I SiR MartY I
    5855 posts Big Money Move
    Orison wrote: »
    The game barely changed with any patch so far.

    This is almost exactly as the game was during ea access, but with worse/more crowded servers.

    I really wonder which game some of the people in this thread are playing. Can't be fifa 20.

    I said the same until the most recent patch. Felt it was the same since release and nothing really had changed but with this most recent patch, I've noticed pace is less effective and touches are worse which is why I asked if others noticed the same.

    Its fine if you feel its the same game, but I've went from being nervous in defence knowing that if a striker gets past me its over to being able to charge around like a headless chicken making mistakes because even if I leave a gap, the striker isn't going to be able to get far enough away to punish me.
  • Mmandras
    3433 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2019
    Well you are absolutely right that it feels different, but it is questionable how much it has really changed.

    I was grinding Rivals for bosnian diamond and there were many, many situations when not even my pacey fullbacks could catch opponent strikers. It is simply not true that slow CB could catch them, we just forgot how it was in 19.

    The fact that running away happens rarely now is due to everyone playing defense in division 5 and 6 like champions, dropping back from higher divisions. I seem to be the only one not playing drop back with 1d. On the top of that they are pressing, jockeying and cutting passing lanes with incredible precison comparing to first couple of weeks. And they are all using relatively pacey centerbacks with shadow.

    It will get worse for pace abusers as we progress in the season because relative gaps in the field will decrease even more. Some players are switching to ultra attack to counter this ultra-d madness and it seems to be working.

    One of things that has officialy changed is finishing. Goalkeepers are better because more people are getting good cards with deadye that almost maxes out key attacking stats. EA had been doing this every year. EA is much more transparent in communication and with the risk of being characterized as naive, it's unfair to put all the blame on them when it is clear as a day that one month of playing Fifa has made people so much better at this game. Plus, server issue is a real pain.
  • Rayize
    406 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pace on the ball has been nerfed, if you skin a player now and sprint off with one of the fastest ST's on the game (with plenty of stamina) you'll often see cb's still catch you up, during early access, when you were gone, you were gone.
  • L1vingl1fe
    4083 posts National Call-Up
    Orison wrote: »
    The game barely changed with any patch so far.

    This is almost exactly as the game was during ea access, but with worse/more crowded servers.

    I really wonder which game some of the people in this thread are playing. Can't be fifa 20.

    Lol, you’re full of ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Dunkirk
    395 posts Sunday League Hero
    Orison wrote: »
    The game barely changed with any patch so far.

    This is almost exactly as the game was during ea access, but with worse/more crowded servers.

    I really wonder which game some of the people in this thread are playing. Can't be fifa 20.

    Delete your account please.
  • Mattheos
    1527 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dude this game is like a worse mutated version of fifa 19. Interceptions need to be dialed the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ back, drop back is completely over powered, everyone plays the same style (I don't blame them) because of the terrible mechanics. First touch is an absolute joke, as soon as you win a tackle and try to move forward your player is so slow and the player who just lost the ball lunges from behind and instantly wins it back. Also running onto a ball is like hitting a brick, and yes defenders in certain situations feel like the gain 99 pace. Keepers cause 99% of the goals against me because the keep spilling the back into the path of an attacker.

    EA need to patch this garbage game asap.
  • sinasipahioglu7
    1914 posts Play-Off Hero
    Retro_G wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they've been nerfing pace since the first patch. On EA access you would you'd feel the pace of your wingers against defenders. If your opponent didn't manually switch, anticipate the pass to your winger, he'd never catch up.

    10/10 this , it is obvious have been changing some sliders , i remember my sterling easily outpacing players like varane,lenglet.Today mbappe runs slower then umtiti.Also the defending ai keeps chasing my players as well.
  • Orison
    55468 posts National Treasure
    L1vingl1fe wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    The game barely changed with any patch so far.

    This is almost exactly as the game was during ea access, but with worse/more crowded servers.

    I really wonder which game some of the people in this thread are playing. Can't be fifa 20.

    Lol, you’re full of ****
    Dunkirk wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    The game barely changed with any patch so far.

    This is almost exactly as the game was during ea access, but with worse/more crowded servers.

    I really wonder which game some of the people in this thread are playing. Can't be fifa 20.

    Delete your account please.

    Funny how good players complain about the game itself while bad players complain about imaginary changes and act as if the game got worse.

    It was always this bad, but now people play drop back on crowded servers so ofc you can barely get away from defenders with 10 of them sitting in and around the box.
  • Skinner249
    598 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Orison wrote: »
    L1vingl1fe wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    The game barely changed with any patch so far.

    This is almost exactly as the game was during ea access, but with worse/more crowded servers.

    I really wonder which game some of the people in this thread are playing. Can't be fifa 20.

    Lol, you’re full of ****
    Dunkirk wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    The game barely changed with any patch so far.

    This is almost exactly as the game was during ea access, but with worse/more crowded servers.

    I really wonder which game some of the people in this thread are playing. Can't be fifa 20.

    Delete your account please.

    Funny how good players complain about the game itself while bad players complain about imaginary changes and act as if the game got worse.

    It was always this bad, but now people play drop back on crowded servers so ofc you can barely get away from defenders with 10 of them sitting in and around the box.

    You cant just keep saying bad players make things up wol, 99% of people that play this game have noticed a difference since the patches.

    Starting to seriously question whether you even understand the feel of the game, especially to be telling people that have been playing fifa since its inception that they dont understand what they're playing.
  • Orison
    55468 posts National Treasure
    edited October 2019
    Skinner249 wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    L1vingl1fe wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    The game barely changed with any patch so far.

    This is almost exactly as the game was during ea access, but with worse/more crowded servers.

    I really wonder which game some of the people in this thread are playing. Can't be fifa 20.

    Lol, you’re full of ****
    Dunkirk wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    The game barely changed with any patch so far.

    This is almost exactly as the game was during ea access, but with worse/more crowded servers.

    I really wonder which game some of the people in this thread are playing. Can't be fifa 20.

    Delete your account please.

    Funny how good players complain about the game itself while bad players complain about imaginary changes and act as if the game got worse.

    It was always this bad, but now people play drop back on crowded servers so ofc you can barely get away from defenders with 10 of them sitting in and around the box.

    You cant just keep saying bad players make things up wol, 99% of people that play this game have noticed a difference since the patches.

    Starting to seriously question whether you even understand the feel of the game, especially to be telling people that have been playing fifa since its inception that they dont understand what they're playing.

    Seems as if I'm understanding it better than those people then.

    People are just making stuff up at this point. There is a reason why they could never provide before and after clips. All they've got is some "feeling" after losing.

    The game got changed, a ghost patch came out, the game is scripted, I'm handicapped and so on and so forth. Boring.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5855 posts Big Money Move
    Mmandras wrote: »
    Well you are absolutely right that it feels different, but it is questionable how much it has really changed.

    I was grinding Rivals for bosnian diamond and there were many, many situations when not even my pacey fullbacks could catch opponent strikers. It is simply not true that slow CB could catch them, we just forgot how it was in 19.

    The fact that running away happens rarely now is due to everyone playing defense in division 5 and 6 like champions, dropping back from higher divisions. I seem to be the only one not playing drop back with 1d. On the top of that they are pressing, jockeying and cutting passing lanes with incredible precison comparing to first couple of weeks. And they are all using relatively pacey centerbacks with shadow.

    It will get worse for pace abusers as we progress in the season because relative gaps in the field will decrease even more. Some players are switching to ultra attack to counter this ultra-d madness and it seems to be working.

    One of things that has officialy changed is finishing. Goalkeepers are better because more people are getting good cards with deadye that almost maxes out key attacking stats. EA had been doing this every year. EA is much more transparent in communication and with the risk of being characterized as naive, it's unfair to put all the blame on them when it is clear as a day that one month of playing Fifa has made people so much better at this game. Plus, server issue is a real pain.

    Thing is, it isn't just UT I noticed it, Pro Clubs has the same type of catch up too and it doesn't have custom tactics for drop back, just defensive/ultra but even when teams have a high line, getting away feels impossible because the defender is just as quick, even with 50 odd pace.

    I noticed that defending with those slow AI players was impossible in the first week or 2 because even players with 80 pace were running through with ease if you left space, now players with 85-90+ pace on both my team and against me, can't get away like they could before.

    I don't want to be the guy that wants pace to be deciding factor in games, but I sure as hell don't want the FIFA 19 catch up back either where no matter what mistake you or your opponent make, the game will save you.
  • Skinner249
    598 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Orison wrote: »
    Skinner249 wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    L1vingl1fe wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    The game barely changed with any patch so far.

    This is almost exactly as the game was during ea access, but with worse/more crowded servers.

    I really wonder which game some of the people in this thread are playing. Can't be fifa 20.

    Lol, you’re full of ****
    Dunkirk wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    The game barely changed with any patch so far.

    This is almost exactly as the game was during ea access, but with worse/more crowded servers.

    I really wonder which game some of the people in this thread are playing. Can't be fifa 20.

    Delete your account please.

    Funny how good players complain about the game itself while bad players complain about imaginary changes and act as if the game got worse.

    It was always this bad, but now people play drop back on crowded servers so ofc you can barely get away from defenders with 10 of them sitting in and around the box.

    You cant just keep saying bad players make things up wol, 99% of people that play this game have noticed a difference since the patches.

    Starting to seriously question whether you even understand the feel of the game, especially to be telling people that have been playing fifa since its inception that they dont understand what they're playing.

    Seems as if I'm understanding it better than those people then.

    People are just making stuff up at this point. There is a reason why they could never provide before and after clips. All they've got is some "feeling" after losing.

    The game got changed, a ghost patch came out, the game is scripted, I'm handicapped and so on and so forth. Boring.

    Not necessarily mate, no. I'm of the opinion that the game is completely different to its release across all game modes other than just FUT, so it doesnt really come down to losing a game and crying about false updates.

    AI involvement has been increased, tackle rebounds have gone from bouncing back to the attacker 60% of the time to now 90% of the time. Game speed has sped up. These are not made up paranoias, they're legit changes in the game.
  • CharlieC
    7388 posts Big Money Move
    I watched Inceptions latest video and he’s got it bang on.
Sign In or Register to comment.