The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Am I the only one who is going to pick the random base icon FUT swap?

fifaplayerbol
4372 posts National Call-Up
None of the individual FUT Swap icons appeal to me, at least with the base one you have a chance of packing the following:

Eusébio, Pelé, Zinedine Zidane, Ronaldo, Johan Cruyff, Diego Maradona, Viera, Ronaldinho, Drogba, Del Piero, Gullit, Garrincha, Kaka, Best, Essien, Butragueño, Sócrates, Matthäus, Blanc, Stoichkov, Henry, Carlos Alberto Torres, Zola, Desailly, Ferdinand, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Ballack, Marco van Basten, Nedvěd, Zambrotta, Hernández, Barnes, Maldini, Fernando Hierro Ruiz, Ronald Koeman

Rivaldo, Pirlo, Cannavaro, Sánchez, Baggio, Campbell, Crespo, Wright, Rush, Hagi, Larsson, Gerrard, Roberto Carlos, Gattuso, Kluivert, Bergkamp, Lampard, Frank Rijkaard, Alessandro Nesta, Jay-Jay Okocha, Gary Lineker, Raúl González Blanco, David Trezeguet etc are the bad ones.

Even if I get a bad icon, its the chance of getting a good one - none of the icon swaps would make it into my team

Comments

• BombSquadPuppy
    2194 posts Fans' Favourite
    Im also going for the base pack, nothing you can actually go wrong with considering theres an even number of decent to bad, and the bads are already in the swap picks
  • Ishibum
    13620 posts Has That Special Something
    If none interest you and you have the cards, it's worth a spin. Not worth grinding towards though for casuals.
  • Ballist1x
    2977 posts National Call-Up
    Pack weight wont be even, you'll get a keeper or nesta
  • fifaplayerbol
    Ballist1x wrote: »

probably, but seeing as none of the swaps interest me its worth rolling the dice.
  • jackm57
    2427 posts Fans' Favourite
    I mean if it wasn't hours of grinding sure, but if I've worked hard for the tokens, I'm not going to gamble them on getting a base Lehmann
  • BlackFridayRule
    1288 posts Professional
    jackm57 wrote: »
    I mean if it wasn't hours of grinding sure, but if I've worked hard for the tokens, I'm not going to gamble them on getting a base Lehmann

How much grinding? I have all tokens except 9 fut champs wins. Cause i dont have 2k points to enter yet.

Im going with hagi, really liked him in fifa 19.but got a bit interested in the pack.. What if i get zidane 😱
  • Koning Spijker
    1666 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ballist1x wrote: »

Getting Nesta isn't a bad thing tbh
  • Retro_G
    31989 posts National Team Captain
    A fool and his tokens are soon parted!
  • Greezyweezy101
    1617 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2019
    Write a list of the bad icons and you realise how unlikely youbare to pull a big one.

But fortune favours the brave. Good luck.

I got baby Eusabio from the 1st icon SBC last year and he was in my team til the end and scored over 1000 goals... miss that guy
  • Seandimes
    2947 posts National Call-Up
    Unless there's not a single player in swaps that would improve your team, it's a bad idea.
    Although the numbers between good and bad base icons might be equal, the odds are certainly not
  • Str8hii
    1576 posts Play-Off Hero
    Its worth a try if drogba and keane wont improve ur squad i dont see how any of the ones u pack gonna improve it unless u pack top 5
  • Str8hii
    1576 posts Play-Off Hero
    Write a list of the bad icons and you realise how unlikely youbare to pull a big one.

But fortune favours the brave. Good luck.

I got baby Eusabio from the 1st icon SBC last year and he was in my team til the end and scored over 1000 goals... miss that guy

Same here packed eusebio on 1st try my brother did 2 and packed makalele RM and lehman
  • Senth6
    799 posts Semi-Pro
    Am going for it screw it why take this seriously if ea dont
  • Lfc23
    2305 posts Fans' Favourite
    Good luck imagine getting one of the big boys
  • purcvl
    134 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Tell us how it goes
  • Wonderfulwest
    4985 posts Big Money Move
    Good luck and enjoy your Jari litmanen
  • Mc_chigby
    1060 posts Professional
    Problem being you could get schmeichel from base pack so wasted loads of tokens. I know you could get a great one and it's a gamble but some gambles just ain't worth it. Like spending fp's :D
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    15914 posts World Class
    No time to grind for these.
  • IxToMxI
    6866 posts League Winner
    Base icon pack or Gerrard for me, think I’ll go Gerrard though, H/H work rates, surprised people ain’t jumping on him considering sissoko is so OP, Gerrard is bascially sissoko on roids
  • Pocketsquareguy
    6158 posts Big Money Move
    So prime Zanetti wouldn’t play for you? Would love to know who you’re using at RB.
  • fifaplayerbol
    So prime Zanetti wouldn’t play for you? Would love to know who you’re using at RB.

Walker. He is the only one I was really considering - strong link to Messi and Scream Otamendi who is elite tier, but used his LB card and didn't really think much of it.

I play a 4-2-3-1, everyone on full chem apart from Promes who is on 7

Neymar
    Depay - Messi - Promes
    Red Wijnaldum - OTW De Jong
    Telles - CB Carlos Alberto - Scream Otamendi - Walker

Butragueño could definitely improve my team over Depay or Promes but I am saving up for CR7 in one of those spots. The problem with Butrageuno is that he is so weak and small. I need someone stronger. Heard bad reviews about Drogba.

18-3 in the WL so something is going right for me at least B)