Squad Battles Objectives - Zero Fun! Whats your opinion?

Bambobär
454 posts An Exciting Prospect
Playing on World Class forces you playing against "Park the Bus", playing on higher difficulties, you have to be patient because a bronze team plays like Barcelona with 60%+ possesion anf 90%+ pass acuracy.

Its not that hard to achive the objectives, actualy you just need 3 skill moves to bamboozle the defenders but there is no fun.
Barely can force myself playing squad battles.

How is your opinion?

Comments

  • kraid
    7637 posts League Winner
    It’s a nice change from champs and rivals. Only mode I can relax fully in.
  • Andyh60
    1847 posts Play-Off Hero
    yes if anything sb are best for objectives, its when your trying it in rivals when its "zero fun"
  • Drachenfells
    1924 posts Play-Off Hero
    I would much rather have objective in sb, hate them in rivals. In rivals I want to play with my team, not be forced to play with a lesser team to be slaughtered just for fun.
  • L1vingl1fe
    4828 posts National Call-Up
    kraid wrote: »
    It’s a nice change from champs and rivals. Only mode I can relax fully in.

  • Guvnor
    2624 posts Fans' Favourite
    I quite enjoy it. Not so much the China one as my team is mainly bronze but it’s certainly a challenge! 🙈
  • Seandimes
    3323 posts National Call-Up
    Squad battles is so boring, I am struggling to motivate myself to play it for the icon objectives.
    Did all the rivals objectives in 2 days, didn't finish any of the squad battles objectives yet...
  • Seandimes wrote: »
    Squad battles is so boring, I am struggling to motivate myself to play it for the icon objectives.
    Did all the rivals objectives in 2 days, didn't finish any of the squad battles objectives yet...
    Same here
  • Bambobär
    454 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Seandimes wrote: »
    Squad battles is so boring, I am struggling to motivate myself to play it for the icon objectives.
    Did all the rivals objectives in 2 days, didn't finish any of the squad battles objectives yet...

    Same
  • Staxdoobie
    2426 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’ve been a big supporter of Squad Battles and always stood up for it. It’s always been a nice chill mode to play, free of connection issues, where your players feel the way they should. But at the moment it’s horrendous. I‘ve grinded all day to get the Icon Swaps and Dzeko objectives done, and it’s been the opposite of fun.

    - All the teams play PTB (Legendary).
    - You lose almost all tackles. Absolutely fed up of losing tackles!
    - There’s zero variety to the matches. They’re ALL the same. They haven’t allowed for enough variation in the AI teams, hence it feels so repetitive and dull.

    I fear for the future of SB when it’s as bad as this. Some may welcome its demise, but there has to be a single-player mode in there of some kind. For the fun to return, it needs to stop being so controlling and manipulative.
  • abhreebhu_45
    6614 posts Big Money Move
    I loved battles last time,,, teams played differently,,, they made an improvement by removing limit, but have seriously destroyed the variety,,, every teams plays with fullbacks staying back,, 1 depth
  • Bambobär
    454 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    I’ve been a big supporter of Squad Battles and always stood up for it. It’s always been a nice chill mode to play, free of connection issues, where your players feel the way they should. But at the moment it’s horrendous. I‘ve grinded all day to get the Icon Swaps and Dzeko objectives done, and it’s been the opposite of fun.

    - All the teams play PTB (Legendary).
    - You lose almost all tackles. Absolutely fed up of losing tackles!
    - There’s zero variety to the matches. They’re ALL the same. They haven’t allowed for enough variation in the AI teams, hence it feels so repetitive and dull.

    I fear for the future of SB when it’s as bad as this. Some may welcome its demise, but there has to be a single-player mode in there of some kind. For the fun to return, it needs to stop being so controlling and manipulative.

    Thats my point always the same copy of gameplay
  • Staxdoobie
    2426 posts Fans' Favourite
    Also, in making these recent changes, the AI has become far too overpowered. They claim the changes were made to Legendary, but clearly changes have been made elsewhere. I actually find Legendary easier than Professional at the moment. I don’t know how they’ve made such an almighty mess of it.

    It used to be a chill mode for me, but I no longer enjoy any of the matches. At all. I’m at a loss to understand how they keep getting things so wrong over and over again.
  • alvchong
    1784 posts Play-Off Hero
    i grind SB now after DR and WL delay.
  • Drachenfells
    1924 posts Play-Off Hero
    I don't get it, I can play sb all night drunk and win on professional and world class under 75s but just can't play online, mind you I won my final 2 Italy 1 icon games tonight.
  • SweetJesus101
    5147 posts Big Money Move
    im grinding it because the objective for xp :D
  • Kamilflage
    6233 posts Big Money Move
    It's not fun anymore....dynamic difficulty adjustment is out of control in this mode now to the point where AI literally "cheats" all the time. It's as if you know right off the bat whether you will win or lose. So many times I can remember AI starting a break and I've said to myself this is a goal...and it almost always is no matter what I do
  • They need to fix heading and Ai tackles. they don't really give fouls away even though the challengers deserve it. They grab you and pull you around all the time and just run straight through you at times, doesn't even matter if your player is twice the size. I have also had a few goals scored against me that were definitely offside. I believe they tried to fix it in the last update, but like usual, didn't do a great job of it.
  • BlackFridayRule
    1587 posts Play-Off Hero
    If you cant beat a bronze team on legendary then i can understand finding it a struggle.

    I had them all done last weekend. Just missing the fut champs one now, probably try it next weekend
  • Chewbaccary
    2281 posts Fans' Favourite
    I don't do them. Can't be asked to play the CPU. I find it more boring/annoying than online by far.
  • Lackosweat
    9474 posts League Winner
    edited October 2019
    Although it’s boring af but playing SB makes me realise how bad the online gameplay is. It’s f’ing disgusting.
  • TheMightyBee
    3893 posts National Call-Up
    Squad battles sums up EA's attitude to be gaming to be honest.
Sign In or Register to comment.