EA, Why can you ruin a game with a patch?

jricardomiguel
3 posts Ball Boy
edited October 19
I am writing this post because year after year EA makes the same mistakes. When I played Demo, I told everyone that here was one of the best FIFA's I've ever played.

But what always happens?

They release a patch that destroys the whole game.

- The ease with which goals are scored is absurd.
- Any player scores goals from outside the box.
- Shots at the entrance of the area are always goal.
- Shots in the corner are almost always a goal.
- Or you play very concentrate to deffend or balls in the back come in.

FIFA has become an arcade game and not a football game. It's hard to have a game with no results like 6-3, 7-2, 5-4 ... It's absolutely ridiculous. More than being hard to defend, it should be hard to score.

Any player without skill scores goals in this FIFA. It is true that I score 7, but I also suffer 3 or 4.

And I won't even talk about dribbles, because even Busquets makes the same dribbles with Messi. To improve, in this FIFA 20 just run forward, taking into account the difficulty that is defending.

Bottom line: You managed to ruin one of the best football games I've played in one of the worst (inferior than FIFA 19).

CONGRATULATIONS!

Comments

• RD_1992
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Couldn’t agree more. I posted this on another forum:

Firstly, if you look at my past posts, I loved the gameplay when it was initially released. Yeah, 1-2 small tweaks were needed but nothing gigantic. It was something EA could build on as we head into the next gen consoles next year (PS5 & Xbox Scarlet)

My biggest fear was EA doing what EA does best and that is give in to the UT fannyboys complaining left, right and centre because they were refusing to get to grips with the new mechanics. Lord behold... EA have now reverted the game back to its predecessors and the gameplay is as identical as FIFA 19. Ping-pong passing, OP shooting, every single team playing like Barcelona, pace once again being the difference maker to determine if you win or lose etc.

Same s***, different year. I have given up now! EA just never f****** learn from their mistakes!

@EA_Andy Why fix/amend something doesn’t need fixing/amending? You’ve ruined a game that had a lot of potential and something to build on the back of as we head into the next gen consoles.
  • jricardomiguel
    3 posts Ball Boy
    edited October 20
    https://streamable.com/o4zfc

Look at this. It’s fabolous. Now, in UT game..

It’s Messi? Ronaldo? No, it’s Parolo!!!
  • Numberofluck27
    451 posts Sunday League Hero
    https://streamable.com/o4zfc

Uhm.. what is special about this goal???
  • https://streamable.com/o4zfc

Uhm.. what is special about this goal???

Anyone scores outside of area.
  • V10Unit
    70 posts Park Captain
    What the fook happen to the gameplay EA?? Ball is darting around 100mph bouncing off players. Passes, clearances, shots, its even worse the 19. Every time U claim to fix it with updates, it actually breaks the game more. Put it back to the initial Beta gameplay, and make the **** learn how to play futbol!
  • United80
    51 posts Park Captain
    edited October 21
    V10Unit wrote: »
    What the fook happen to the gameplay EA?? Ball is darting around 100mph bouncing off players. Passes, clearances, shots, its even worse the 19. Every time U claim to fix it with updates, it actually breaks the game more. Put it back to the initial Beta gameplay, and make the **** learn how to play futbol!

TOP COMMENT !!
    It seems that every year kids complaining, as soon as it's not possible to press R2 and run from own goal to the opponent's goal.
    Not sure why EA is always destroying a good football game.......
    Post edited by United80 on
  • Baliland
    838 posts Professional
    edited October 21
    GG EA now it's Fifa 19 2.0 with way top many ai blocks, slow gameplay, unresponsive, players forgetting the ball, u can tackle the ball 3 times and still not get it, skill gap non existent, drop back + counter attack, headers don't work at all, rebounds and the biggest problem in a Fifa game is Momentum ( 80th minute opponent gets push from EA, 45 + 90th minute goals, refeeree not blowing the whistle on time and the opponent scores in the 45+5th minute even tho it says 45+2. Honestly great job EA, there's so many problems in this game but u don't care. Was hoping for great things but nah it's the same **** as always i feel scammed and triggered.
  • hooligan87
    249 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's the same every year! Patches just ruin the game!They turn it into a crazy arcade! Every year we ask not to break the game with patches, but every time they do! Bring the game back
  • United80
    51 posts Park Captain
    hooligan87 wrote: »
    It's the same every year! Patches just ruin the game!They turn it into a crazy arcade! Every year we ask not to break the game with patches, but every time they do! Bring the game back

They will never learn.....
    I miss the PS 2, were you bought a completed product without the possibility of amending it with Patches......

FIFA feels the same like 2-3 years
  • United80
    51 posts Park Captain
    Too many blocks.....
    It’s so annoying !!!!!!!
  • Keza110
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Personally gameplay from 19-20 is totally different im more of career mode man and really enjoying it on ultimate . Ai give alot of hedakes and theres a different feel to every team i play i dont know how they going to turn up. But only thing i hate is ai when they get down the line they just always seem to run it then twists and turn then create something my only negative.
  • Brydobhoy88
    116 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Surely you can believe its only happened 1M times.

Getting in behind the defence only for the AI to lunge block your low cross is pass to an open player is the most infuriating thing in this game.

Playes for over 20 years and people who are not good at defending will consistently fall for pretending to cut in and going outside and going across the keeper to a teammate.
    This rarely ever works because
    1. Skill moves are so slow defenders can change direction before the skill move is complete
    2. AI lunging in to block passes or crosses across goal
  • I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who is disappointed with the game.

In a soccer game it can be no harder to defend than attack and this game is made for anyone (without skill) to score goals.

Not to mention the Ultimate Team, where with 1 month of play there are already teams with Ronaldo, Messi and legends (like FIFA 19).

Old times, where in FIFA 17 we needed to work hard to buy ONE of these players.
  • United80
    51 posts Park Captain
    Too much real money is involved in FUT these days......
  • BSDShoes
    1667 posts Play-Off Hero
    Even a surprise heel kick with back turned to the net, the AI defender magically leaps over to block. lmao
  • Valdo08
    96 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This game SUCKS!!
  • Dunkirk
    222 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    They outdid themselves with this one. D
  • jiajia3
    117 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Skill move is back now, I can do it through the field without mistakes ,
    The conclusion is :
    1 demo is used to satisfy the people who demanded real football game.
    2 patches are uesed to satisfy Pro players and YouTubers .

Why every year they turn the gameplay back similar to demo? We have to learn “peak-end rule ”
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peak–end_rule
  • Valdo08
    96 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Peak end rule is an interesting concept. Problem is, when I dont think they have ever hit that "peak" for long enough before a patch changes crap around.
  • @EA_Andy can't do anything but pass info on which I am sure he has for plenty of these posts
  • DIXON THFC
    2494 posts Fans' Favourite
    V10Unit wrote: »

100% AGREE
  • Zidane11
    240 posts Sunday League Hero
    I am writing this post because year after year EA makes the same mistakes. When I played Demo, I told everyone that here was one of the best FIFA's I've ever played.

But what always happens?

FIFA has become an arcade game and not a football game. It's hard to have a game with no results like 6-3, 7-2, 5-4 ... It's absolutely ridiculous. More than being hard to defend, it should be hard to score.

Any player without skill scores goals in this FIFA. It is true that I score 7, but I also suffer 3 or 4.

And I won't even talk about dribbles, because even Busquets makes the same dribbles with Messi. To improve, in this FIFA 20 just run forward, taking into account the difficulty that is defending.

Bottom line: You managed to ruin one of the best football games I've played in one of the worst (inferior than FIFA 19).

CONGRATULATIONS!

Please man switch over to PES!!! There it's very hard to score and dribbling can only guys like messy, ronaldo.. if you have a dribble it's like winning the euromillions!!! 😁😁
  • Zidane11 wrote: »

But what always happens?

CONGRATULATIONS!

Please man switch over to PES!!! There it's very hard to score and dribbling can only guys like messy, ronaldo.. if you have a dribble it's like winning the euromillions!!! 😁😁

hey Bro. how hard is it to install the option file for PES on PS4 if you know, and how good is PES overall? im pretty much at wit's end with Fifa and this atrocious defense.
  • Honestly please get it to the right teams and roll out a before patch update...... Why do you guys at EA come up with a whole new dynamic and way of playing in-game before ruining it with patches?

when are we going to get one good EA patch... like ever?

I bought FIFA and enjoyed it for the first time in a long time.... I spend £5-600 on packs and built a team which I was so happy with, the new patch has left me hating FIFA and I'm now out of pocket, I cant buy a new game and enjoy it knowing I have spent my yearly allowance on Fifa Already.... You guys listen to the kids who dont know a thing about football, who complain about little problems which really make no difference to the game as a whole.... then you guys think  'I know, let's spend two weeks modifying a game which we have been working on for the last 8-9 months' ... do you not see the contradiction there? 

You have created two games basically, one which I enjoyed glitchy or not (before patch) and then an absolute mess of a game which means I will have to sell my whole team, play a new formation, change all my custom tactics and forget everything I had practiced to win games comfortably before... Why are your loyal customers messed about like this? If your good or a fan of FIFA you learn to play the game not complain until EA come out with one of their HORRIBLE PATCHES which makes a fun and new game into an absolute shambles... I'm £600 out of pocket and I cannot be bothered to turn on my Xbox to load up this terrible game..... 

I honestly hope the whole Juventus/PES situation we have all been reading about means that PES is coming back into play... You guys need the competition in this market as it would give you a well deserved kick up the bum... you get caught slacking every year making bad decisions on a game which you make millions from.. Give us a better game at release and leave it as is... I will never watch FIFA Esports because it's about luck, not good play... I would honestly compare EA to the Gaming equivalent of VAR, good for nothing.

You guy need to learn from your mistakes ie.. Make more pro clubs content, Never patch the gameplay as it only ruin it for the majority, Stop making this a corporate business plan that is merely intended for making money, get developers to branch out into the FIFA community and meet their requirements instead of creating a platform to get you hands-on everyone's money...

I have bought the new COD and that is where I will be staying this year... 

The only thing EA is good for is battlefield.... I wish they would just realize that one day a new game, on a new platform is going to come out and take over in the sports category like fortnite did in the Battle royal category, everyone of the community will switch without looking back from this complete scandal we all know as FIFA and its developers who couldnt give a flying 

• MarCay22091905
    6 posts Ball Boy
    edited November 11
    👊🏻
  • Kvnji
    35 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Yeah, my first FUT team was amazing for apossession football based tactic but after the patches, I lost a lot of games, so I changed my team to the most unrealistic sweaty team and won game after game.. I don't enjoy that whatsoever, so I went back to CM (always a career mode player, but recent state forced me to play FUT.. which is the only mode that is not broken.. I don't buy coins so don't worry haha)...

3whAraN.png

Maybe PES could be my ideal game, but I'm always loyal to FIFA (since '03)..
  • JRM1984
    103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The average number of goals in a real life game is something like 2.6 - so most games would finish 1-1 or 2-1 if FIFA was realistic... personally I prefer the higher scoring games as they make for more fun (this is a game after all, even if it's not realistic).
  • Numlocked_
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    I have no clue what game you are playing but its not the same I am playing. Scoring is bear impossible at times. 1 on 1 is a garantied miss and saves galore from all keepers
  • The game is now an appalling unplayable mess. I have tried to play it but have given up as I don't see why I should waste my time trying to play a game that I no longer enjoy. The game play is a lottery, transfers are just random, each players stats are meaningless due to game play being a lottery. I thought it was just me but by all the comments being posted, I can see I am not the only one seething with frustration that we have wasted good money on a rubbish product. Unfortunately EA is too big a company earning a lot of money out of this to be bothered to correct all that is wrong, if they can correct it.