Is VVD worth the huge price tag?

Lew15
739 posts Professional
I’ve used the loan version and he felt great in game! He would partner Ramos at CB.

Comments

• Kerr100
    11 posts Ball Boy
    Try scream otamendi ! Used both and both very very good
  • Muzza11
    13244 posts Has That Special Something
    Will tell you tonight, Varane has set high expectations.
  • nathswfc
    1949 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hes good but not 600k good
  • sinasipahioglu7
    1944 posts Play-Off Hero
    well he makes an obvious difference thats why hes so expensive
  • Lew15
    739 posts Professional
    Kerr100 wrote: »

His height not an issue ?
  • Muzza11
    Lew15 wrote: »

Not this year, Militao is one of the best CB’s this year.
  • Lew15
    739 posts Professional
    well he makes an obvious difference thats why hes so expensive
    Obviously I know he will good but price can based on hype aswell but get your point
  • Lew15
    739 posts Professional
    Muzza11 wrote: »

This is true but the height also makes them good from corners both attacking and defending
  • Propagandyy2
    1001 posts Professional
    I actually just bought him....he's pain to play against so I'll let you know later today
  • Muzza11

This is true but the height also makes them good from corners both attacking and defending

When was the last time you scored from a corner? :lol:
  • Richard
    11766 posts Has That Special Something
    Best defender in the game though Maldini was also decent.
  • Lew15
    739 posts Professional

When was the last time you scored from a corner? :lol:

3 last night 😬I always score with Ramos
  • Lew15
    739 posts Professional
    I actually just bought him....he's pain to play against so I'll let you know later today

Please do mate
  • Muzza11
    I’m hoping him and Desailly will work well, if not then Varane will be back.
  • Campino
    29873 posts National Team Captain
    Yes
  • Lew15
    739 posts Professional
    Campino wrote: »
    Yes

@Campino when would be the best time to buy him... I’m assuming Sunday /Monday
  • AjaxLegends
    3965 posts National Call-Up
    I really disliked him. As the captain of my country I wanted to love him, but he felt too clunky in a one on one situation. People would just blast through me. With Ramos I can get a tackle in way better. One thing that is great with him is that he auto blocks shots like no other. I want a more agile CB personally.
  • Lew15
    739 posts Professional
    I really disliked him. As the captain of my country I wanted to love him, but he felt too clunky in a one on one situation. People would just blast through me. With Ramos I can get a tackle in way better. One thing that is great with him is that he auto blocks shots like no other. I want a more agile CB personally.

This is my main worry !! I have a feeling I’ll struggle but then paired with Ramos could be solid
  • Danic123
    4009 posts National Call-Up
    My defence was different gravy when using loan VVD for the online challenge. That said, I didn’t buy him. If I’d have spent 600k on him I’m sure I’d be hyper critical as I’d have to justify the spend.

If you have the coins and are looking for the best, I’m pretty sure he’s it. Whether or not the increase in price is in line with the increase in performance is a matter for you personally.
  • AjaxLegends
    3965 posts National Call-Up

This is my main worry !! I have a feeling I’ll struggle but then paired with Ramos could be solid

I think it depends on your playstyle and how good you are with jockeying maybe. I need a margin of error so need a more agile CB haha. Ramos just fits me like a glove.
  • DOMinant
    2415 posts Fans' Favourite
    Depends Imo. He won’t be the difference between gold1 and elite but he is really good, personally I don’t think he’s worth it unless the rest of your team is perfect or you don’t take WL too seriously
  • Gavin1985
    135 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    ive used him for 217 games now. he is paired with varane. and must say vvd is insanely good very good but i also havent used ramos icons etc
  • Joestoe
    10580 posts Has That Special Something
    VvD is crazy good. Strong, fast and good tackling. Pairing him with baby Alberto and they're a wall.
  • LFC Simon 98
    21454 posts Club Captain
    Used him. And he’s very very good but sold because he was 50% of my budget and I could spend better elsewhere
  • SimenHP
    4588 posts National Call-Up
    Him and Gomez is the best 600k pairing on the game. I had Ramos and Varane together, and VVD and Gomez was a better pairing. I actually rate Gomez over Varane, with Ramos a little bit better than both. VVD is not worth the coins, but he is still the best non-icon cb on the game, but Gomez and Ramos aren't that far behind
  • Heppers
    3503 posts National Call-Up
    Nope, when it comes to defending if you're good at the game it shouldn't matter who you have. Tomori and Joe Gomez have been doing a job for me in WL. Just don't dive in to tackles and try to always protects your CBs with your CMs/CDMs
  • Propagandyy2
    1001 posts Professional
    Yes he's worth it! Just bought him today.....There is a reason he's so expensive! Well worth the coins imo
  • Lew15
    739 posts Professional
    I used him last night and was very disappointed he tuned like a truck
  • uhMaZiiNq
    12116 posts Has That Special Something
    The stuff I see low rated defenders do I can’t imagine any cb is worth that
  • nathswfc
    1949 posts Play-Off Hero
    Like i said before, 600k is a huge price tag for one cb considering you can get varane and ramos for that with change. He doesnt lose a header and does some mad AI blocks but that doesnt warrant 600k IMO