Change tactics -> change formation

Runkeldunk
57 posts Park Captain
Again, this problem...

If I change mentality, e.g. from normal to defensive, my team formation changes! My 4-3-1-2 goes to 4-3-2-1 and my striker suddenly plays lw etc. It was the exact same problem in Fifa 19, and Andy from EA acknowledged it and promised a fix.

Will this be fixed, EA, please?

Kind regards

R

Comments

• You have to change your formation for the Defensive game plan too
  • Runkeldunk
    57 posts Park Captain
    Thanks C

I don't get that, though. When I from normal to defence, my formation changes. How do I avoid that? My change is for the whole team.

R
  • YidArmy
    475 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited October 2019
    Changing mentality doesn't work like it used to. It's not a bug in the game, you're just not using it correctly.

On the team selection page, you'll see there is an option to change 'gameplans.'

There are 4 options - Ultra defensive, defensive, attacking and ultra attacking (as per the dpad tactics).

These will be pre set formations and tactics that you can change to be whatever you want. When you want to use them mid match, just hit the dpad for what one you want.

Hope that helps.
  • Valdo08
    240 posts Sunday League Hero
    This is just plain dumb. I agree with OP. Prior to playing my opponent, I do not know how I want my formation to be in a certain circumstance. I may start game at a 442 but if I eventually fall behind a goal or 2, depending on my opponents strengths, weaknesses and other factors, I may choose something else. there is no way I could have predetermined I want a 433 now with attack mentality because every game is different. Prior titles, my players would just be more attack minded and push further up the field or more defensive and defend deeper. EA sucks for real. These developers should go work with nhl 20. They fit there perfectly.
  • Runkeldunk
    57 posts Park Captain
    I have now looked into this a bit further. It turns out that my formation doesn't change (when I change mentality), but my players' positions do. It's always the same that happens: My CB switches place with my COM, and my LM switches place with my CDM. It's quite annoying since I have to enter formations and switch them back every time I change mentality.

The same problem was in Fifa 18. Is it not possible to fix? Am I the only one with this problem? I play on PC.

R
  • I have now looked into this a bit further. It turns out that my formation doesn't change (when I change mentality), but my players' positions do. It's always the same that happens: My CB switches place with my COM, and my LM switches place with my CDM. It's quite annoying since I have to enter formations and switch them back every time I change mentality.

The same problem was in Fifa 18. Is it not possible to fix? Am I the only one with this problem? I play on PC.

R

You need to change the players within the tactic on each mentality when sorting your tactics out before going into a match.

Hope this helps...
  • Zidane11
    290 posts Sunday League Hero
    Again, this problem...

If I change mentality, e.g. from normal to defensive, my team formation changes! My 4-3-1-2 goes to 4-3-2-1 and my striker suddenly plays lw etc. It was the exact same problem in Fifa 19, and Andy from EA acknowledged it and promised a fix.

Will this be fixed, EA, please?

Kind regards

R

You have to set all your formations and positions before the game and save it. Normally if you set it once for one team you don't need to do it every game but yep i agree.. there are bugs and players switch to horrible positions! Even in PES this is a problem! So i would recommend you that if you change in-game from formation, pause the game and check each players position as this is crucial for the game! Even just before the game begins check positions! You don't want benzema as a defender right?? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
  • Valdo08
    240 posts Sunday League Hero
    Horrible on behalf of developers and plain stupid.