Why is Gerrard so high rated?

Navraat
3672 posts National Call-Up
should be 89, the fact that he's above Keane is a joke

One slipped to only trophy he plays football for, played in a team full of mid table players and never did anything for a national team packed full of world class players and then kept being carried for 10 years by Torres and Suarez

Even Rooney was a better midfielder than this fraud

while the other captained a team full of egos and world class players and yet despite all these players he rarely missed a game for over a decade under arguably best manager of all time simply because he was really that good

Comments

• lfcsuiteynwa
    642 posts An Exciting Prospect
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • Navraat
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You mean BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA DEMBA BAAAAA?

giphy.gif
  • Rich
    1073 posts Professional
    It's these type of posts that are the reason I come to this forum.
  • Smiley_Utd
    2070 posts Fans' Favourite
    ouch scousers arnt going to be happy with this!!

I kinda see your point but Gerrard was a world class midfielder I don't think anyone could argue with that!
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    17579 posts World Class
    He's definitely been overrated by people in the past....

Even John o'shea has more BPL medals 😂
  • DonkeyKong
    546 posts An Exciting Prospect
    This is an obvious troll
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    17579 posts World Class
    Scholes >>>>>
  • Gazza1712
    168 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Take it you are a united supporter?
    I will tell you why Gerard is a much better talented footballer than roy Keane was,
    I have a number of reasons but only need 1,
    Could Roy Keane win a game on his own? No.
    Could gerrard win a game on his own? Yes and did on numerous occasions,
    Now I am not saying Keane was a bad player or poor, but he isn’t in the same league as gerrard, he was just playing with world class players around him all the time at United.
  • Smiley_Utd wrote: »
    ouch scousers arnt going to be happy with this!!

I kinda see your point but Gerrard was a world class midfielder I don't think anyone could argue with that!

There are scouse Liverpool fans?
  • BlackFridayRule
    1598 posts Play-Off Hero
    Gerrard was good. But yeah, 89 wouldn't be unfair.
  • Dubbly
    2438 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’m surprised the slip is still even considered a joke.

It’s almost as old as Jesus.
  • Navraat
    Gazza1712 wrote: »
    I will tell you why Gerard is a much better talented footballer than roy Keane was,
    Now I am not saying Keane was a bad player or poor, but he isn’t in the same league as gerrard, he was just playing with world class players around him all the time at United.

So? Xavi could never win a game on his own but I'd still take him over Wijnaldum all day long
  • KRANG00
    1873 posts Play-Off Hero
    Don't start them off, it never ends :D
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    17579 posts World Class
    edited October 2019

Shows how much you know about individual performances... You know that famous 99 UCL win? Yeah... We would have never made that final had it not been for keane...he single-handedly put us into that final with his performance against juve in the semies... He did get a harsh booking and missed the final. But it was thanks to him that we even got there...

So don't talk drivel. Gerrard was a fantastic player, and yes I love mocking him. But UCL medals aside, he held himself back from winning more. For the sake of what? Mediocrity at Liverpool. He could have moved to utd, Chelsea and RM and won more. His ego is too big tho... Now he's just another UCL winner. He massively underachieved.
  • IxToMxI
    8249 posts League Winner
    This is either a troll or you just have little football knowledge I’m no Liverpool fan but Gerrard was an absolute player unreal such a shame about that slip but for all he did for Liverpool and England to only remember that as his only bad moment is a true testament to him.

What I am surprised is that Lampard is lower rate than Gerrard for me Lampard was better and he won everything available at club level
  • Navraat
    edited October 2019
    Dubbly wrote: »
    I’m surprised the slip is still even considered a joke.

It’s almost as old as Jesus.

Shows how much you know about individual performances... You know that famous 99 UCL win? Yeah... We would have never made that final had it not been for keane...he single-handedly put us into that final with his performance against juve in the semies... He did get a harsh booking and missed the final. But it was thanks to him that we even got there...

So don't talk drivel. Gerrard was a fantastic player, and yes I love mocking him. But UCL medals aside, he held himself back from winning more. For the sake of what? Mediocrity at Liverpool. He could have moved to utd, Chelsea and RM and won more. His ego is too big tho... Now he's just another UCL winner. He massively underachieved.

It shows how much he was afraid of being exposed so he stayed in loserpool land
  • DonkeyKong
    The gerrard vs Scholes vs lampard argument is an old but good one. Keane wasnt on their level
  • kopking89
    1089 posts Professional
    Zzzzzzzzzz
  • RTG20
    1743 posts Play-Off Hero
    IxToMxI wrote: »
    This is either a troll or you just have little football knowledge I’m no Liverpool fan but Gerrard was an absolute player unreal such a shame about that slip but for all he did for Liverpool and England to only remember that as his only bad moment is a true testament to him.

What I am surprised is that Lampard is lower rate than Gerrard for me Lampard was better and he won everything available at club level

I'd take Lampard over any Premier League midfielder ever.

No one could do what Frank Lampard did from midfield.

Absolute legend, leader, humble, good guy, model professional, he had it all.
  • Tue69
    1269 posts Professional
    edited October 2019
    The slip aside, Gerrard was class for years. I agree that he was underachieving when it comes to silverware, though I am happy that he stayed.

Dont think he is that compareable to Keane, as Gerrard had a more attacking role for most of his carreer. Scholes vs. Gerrard is more compareable. But must say, even as a Pool fan I belive Scholes was better.
  • DonkeyKong
    People who dont rate gerrard mustn't have watched him regularly during his prime. He would win man of the match so frequently and was liverpools best player almost every single game. In his prime he never had a bad game, barely made any mistakes. The issue with gerrard is that he had an obvious dip around 30 when he started getting reoccurring groin injuries. He lost his dynamism and ability to score pile drivers and dropped into a deeper role. He was still very good there but he was no longer one of the best midfielders in the world whereas before that he was regarded as one of the top 2 or 3 midfielders in world football
  • Tue69
    1269 posts Professional
    He's definitely been overrated by people in the past....

Even John o'shea has more BPL medals 😂

Danny Drinkwater has more PL trophies thab Pogba. Surely he must be better then?

(Jokes aside I find O'Shea criminally underrated)
  • Navraat
    Tue69 wrote: »
    The slip aside, Gerrard was class for years. I agree that he was underachieving when it comes to silverware, though I am happy that he stayed.

Dont think he is that compareable to Keane, ad Gerrard har a more attacking role for most of his carreer. Scholes vs. Gerrard is more compareable. But must say, even as a Pool fan I belive Scholes was better.

Of course Scholes was better
  • Vinny1979
    6105 posts Big Money Move
    DonkeyKong wrote: »
    This is an obvious troll

Maybe, but he's spot on what he said.

Gerrard wasn't fit to lace Scholes boots
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    4269 posts National Call-Up

Hold my beer.

Juventus, Semi-Final, European Cup, 1999.
  • Vinny1979
    6105 posts Big Money Move

Hold my beer.

Juventus, Semi-Final, European Cup, 1999.

CharmingHardtofindAmericanratsnake-small.gif
  • Lfc23
    3889 posts National Call-Up
    Am not even going to bite back 😂 everyone has there own opinion, in my eyes he was better then scholes and Keane people forget the team he was playing in compared to the other teams out there at the time he carried Liverpool for years
  • Tue69
    1269 posts Professional
    Lfc23 wrote: »
    Am not even going to bite back 😂 everyone has there own opinion, in my eyes he was better then scholes and Keane people forget the team he was playing in compared to the other teams out there at the time he carried Liverpool for years

This is the kind of discussion thats bound to end in countless bans.