Dear EA, when I said "more SBCs"...

Sonlen
23 posts Last Pick at the Park
I meant fun and challenging ones. Currently most of the SBCs fall into one of two categories:

- "Turn in lots of high rated cards, we don't care about chemistry we just want it to be expensive for you"
- "Turn in some regular cards, take your free packs, and shut up you cretins"

Seriously, I get that you are actively trying to avoid rewarding anyone who has invested in Marquee Matchup cards, but you are taking it WAYYYYY too far to the other end of the spectrum. Marquee Matchups this week could have been completed with almost any 11 gold players. I don't just want a few random packs once a week, I want something to do that takes more than 10 minutes.

If you aren't going to do league SBCs, fine. But good god just find something else in SBC land that fills that gap. Killing that part of your game is not doing you any favors, because lets face it, have you seen the gameplay lately?

Sure, you got some packs from league SBCs, but it was also something challenging that you had to plan out, and collect for, and get lucky to pack the rare silver players you needed. It gave you a way to get new players to be excited for when you got back into the game, but also it gave you another reason to interact with your FIFA account. Not all of us can sit and play this game for 10 hours at a time.

Quit screwing this up and re-hire the department you had making SBCs. This is awful.

Comments

  • QuinnUK87
    2056 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 18
    Gold players? Why would anyone use gold players when all you needed was silver and bronze for 3 of them... The only one which required gold cards was the Ahtletico sbc.

    I'm happy they are introducing silvers into SBC's.. They currently have no value thanks to league SBCs. And making the requirements easier, by not needing as much chem means the majority of casuals can complete them.

    Take no notice if this guy EA. Hes just but hurt his investments are not working out.
  • Sonlen
    23 posts Last Pick at the Park
    QuinnUK87 wrote: »
    Gold players? Why would anyone use gold players when all you needed was silver and bronze for 3 of them... The only one which required gold cards was the Ahtletico sbc.

    I'm happy they are introducing silvers into SBC's.. They currently have no value thanks to league SBCs. And making the requirements easier, by not needing as much chem means the majority of casuals can complete them.

    Take no notice if this guy EA. Hes just but hurt his investments are not working out.

    I'm sorry that 90% of the points in my post flew over your head. This isn't a discussion of the technical details of this weeks Marquee Matchups, this is a discussion of the enjoy-ability of a video game and what could be improved.

    On your point about keeping the chemistry low so casuals can complete the challenge, anyone who couldn't handle slightly harder SBCs is not a "casual", they are "mentally-handicapped".

    Now please go on to other discussions so the adults can discuss this one buddy. But thanks for your thoughts.
  • Ishibum
    13043 posts Has That Special Something
    Such a happy forum :lol:
  • DeanoZoff
    4379 posts National Call-Up
    Pure toxic
  • Libguy
    5047 posts Big Money Move
    If they make the SBCs difficult in the sense that they have few solutions or require very specific cards, the cards you need are just going to become extinct or sell for the max. That used to happen a lot in the past where you would need like two guys from some team in league 2 and then you would just spend half an hour spamming searches trying to snipe a bronze for 10k.

    I suspect EA will bring back leagues or something similar. I think a big part of the reason that they introduced leagues was because it was silly that almost every single silver card in the game was worthless. If they don't find some use for silver cards again, then we're just right back to where we started.
  • Sonlen
    23 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Libguy wrote: »
    If they make the SBCs difficult in the sense that they have few solutions or require very specific cards, the cards you need are just going to become extinct or sell for the max. That used to happen a lot in the past where you would need like two guys from some team in league 2 and then you would just spend half an hour spamming searches trying to snipe a bronze for 10k.

    I suspect EA will bring back leagues or something similar. I think a big part of the reason that they introduced leagues was because it was silly that almost every single silver card in the game was worthless. If they don't find some use for silver cards again, then we're just right back to where we started.

    I get that it is a delicate balance, but this is literally their job. We paid EA for a game with compelling content and so far they aren’t delivering in a main area of that.

    Also I would much prefer a player economy where some players are extinct or hard to find to one where every card is minimum price because they are pointless...
  • Fox_in_the_Box
    219 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Wow...says so very much about the gameplay when people are wanting to spend more time doing sbc's...just to get the same rewards.... O_o
  • I gotta admit guys that I’m not great at Fifa but love trading and doing sbcs whiles I’m trying to suppress the rage of losing lol this year so far !!! Sbcs have been a little well to easy as I think ea are trying to sort things out but what I don’t get is why aren’t these planned out in advance I mean to lose icon sbcs and league sbcs almost every bronze and silver player is worth less !!
  • cartyHUNTER
    1324 posts Professional
    No I get the op’s point.

    The sbc’s have been pretty lame to be honest. Rubbish rewards for generic vague requirements. You might as well not even name them marquee matchups now and just have bpl league sbc for example.
  • Pooter
    3348 posts National Call-Up
    Ishibum wrote: »
    Such a happy forum :lol:

    Nothing can please them
  • Dubbly
    707 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I think the SBCs have been good so far.

    Some overpriced ones, but EA aren’t gonna hand out endgame SBCs 2-3 weeks into the game.

    I feel like this year I’m being rewarded more for playing and having a big club (from rewards etc.) than trying to constantly play the stock market, and I think that’s how the game should be.
  • The Zodiac
    233 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    dude, nobody force you to do any of those SBC
  • Phodri
    405 posts Sunday League Hero
    I dont want sbcs to take longer than 10mins tbh... less playtime :s
  • Idek
    10998 posts Has That Special Something
    You sound like an angry investor
  • Gromit
    3643 posts National Call-Up
    Hard, easy,......not bothered, just don't make us pay 30k for 3 silvers.

  • d3b4s1s
    296 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dubbly wrote: »
    I think the SBCs have been good so far.

    Some overpriced ones, but EA aren’t gonna hand out endgame SBCs 2-3 weeks into the game.

    I feel like this year I’m being rewarded more for playing and having a big club (from rewards etc.) than trying to constantly play the stock market, and I think that’s how the game should be.

    This.

    It's great to be rewarded for just playing. I have totalled 600k+ with 300+ players in club, mostly tradable.

    I don't play WL much, just rivals, sb & sbc. No fifa points, no trading. Was able to do a whole MM yesterday with existing players, and packed Sissoko. That was great
  • Damn EA and their....

    (presses random subject generator)

    Enough SBCs but not the SBCs i wanted!
  • BeastlyHusla
    3731 posts National Call-Up
    My main concern is the rewards from these SBCs. Last year we where getting decent packs, like mega packs for the MM SBCs which required all gold's etc. But damn, they being very stingy. I look at the rewards when I do these SBCs now. Before I could do them and not hesitate.
  • Dubbly
    707 posts An Exciting Prospect
    ViezeDries wrote: »
    Damn EA and their....

    (presses random subject generator)

    Enough SBCs but not the SBCs i wanted!

    Everyone still waiting for that Messi SBC that needs an 82 rated team.
  • McSwigan
    143 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Maybe they should do League SBCs by season? Then update requirements and change up rewards to make farming more difficult? Although, I spent 30 days kind of farming so I could raise enough coins to buy an icon so I could trade it in on the Rivaldo SBC
  • Gromit
    3643 posts National Call-Up
    McSwigan wrote: »
    Maybe they should do League SBCs by season? Then update requirements and change up rewards to make farming more difficult? Although, I spent 30 days kind of farming so I could raise enough coins to buy an icon so I could trade it in on the Rivaldo SBC


    Glad they're gone personally, ridiculous idea in the first place, week one of the game, release a couple of league SBC and immediatly inflate the prices of hundreds of cards for months. Making anybody that actually wants to use those cards to play with pay over the odds. Backward and unfair in my view.

    To make the game as good as it possibly can be the idea should be to make as many cards PLAYABLE, USABLE as possible, not make as many of them as we can SBC Fodder.
Sign In or Register to comment.