Ground: Elland Road
Manager: Carlos Corberán
Post edited by exercisebike on

Comments

• exercisebike
    169 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2019
    G’day everybody,

Welcome to my Leeds United Career Mode story, on Leeds United’s 100th birthday.

I used to be a member for FIFA 09, and had a short-lived story on FIFA 18. I’m hoping to get further this time as I’m using the team I love.

I’ll get round to commenting on your stories as soon as I can!

Thanks.
    Post edited by exercisebike on
  • exercisebike
    MqBBicJ.jpg
  • Stlducks
    2221 posts Fans' Favourite
    Interesting to see Biesla leave after getting so close to promotion. Leeds have a very good core of players and have a very good chance at promotion.

I wish Elland Road was in FIFA, would be a great addition.
  • exercisebike
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Interesting to see Biesla leave after getting so close to promotion. Leeds have a very good core of players and have a very good chance at promotion.

I wish Elland Road was in FIFA, would be a great addition.

We were very concerned that he might leave after one season in real life but fortunately he stayed.

I would have loved to have kept Bielsa in story but he was too hard to accurately recreate in game and also none of the news stories would have made sense.
  • Ashy
    11148 posts Has That Special Something
    Good luck with this Leeds story, it's about time they got promoted and I like the new manager, fresh approached. Would be cool to see a few young Spanish players come in and take the Championship by storm
  • exercisebike
    edited October 2019
    By995GP.jpg
    Leeds United have announced their participation in the pre-season EA Sports Champions Trophy, to be hosted in Switzerland in July, as part of their partnership with the Canadian-based gaming company.

“This partnership and competition are a great opportunity for Leeds, both commercially and competitively,” stated managing director Angus Kinnear.

Leeds United will be based in Zurich, and are guaranteed group games against local side FC Basel, as well as Toulouse and Trabzonspor. The other group consists of Young Boys, FC Copenhagen, Real Mallorca and Red Bull Salzburg.

• exercisebike
    Ashy wrote: »
    Good luck with this Leeds story, it's about time they got promoted and I like the new manager, fresh approached. Would be cool to see a few young Spanish players come in and take the Championship by storm

Ta. I’ve turned off summer transfers and don’t intend to enter the market if I don’t need to, but young Spanish players are a good shout and would suit Bielsaball.

• exercisebike
    cbQCLjx.jpg
    Leeds United have lost 3-2 on penalties to FC Copenhagen in the semifinal of the EA Sports Champions Trophy following a 2-2 draw. Leeds also beat FC Basel 1-0, Toulouse 2-0 and drew 1-1 with Trabzonspor. Copenhagen went on to win the competition, with a 3-2 victory over Real Mallorca.

Here are three observations from Leeds’ pre-season:

1. Casilla is back and means business

After his error was responsible for Leeds conceding the first goal in Derby’s remarkable comeback in last year’s playoff semifinal, many were wondering if Kiko Casilla had what it took to bounce back and succeed in the Championship. However, Casilla has been vital in pre-season with fast distribution and a series of great saves.

2. Bamford the man to lead Leeds’ attack

With Kemar Roofe’s exit to Anderlecht imminent, Leeds’ fans were concerned if Patrick Bamford would be able to step up and lead the line. Bamford was quick off the mark with a goal against Toulouse, but most impressive was his link-up play with the midfield and wingers.

3. Penalties still an issue

Following key penalty misses for Hernandez, Bamford and Roofe late last season, Leeds fans will have wanted the club to move on from their penalty woes. However, from six penalties taken, only Helder Costa and Barry Douglas were able to score, with Bamford, Clarke and Roberts (twice) all failing to score.
  • Ashy
    Some wins there disappointing to not win the pre-season tour but some good points coming out of it. Nketiah is on loan for you, will he be more of an impact sub with Bamford the main man?
  • exercisebike
    Some wins there disappointing to not win the pre-season tour but some good points coming out of it. Nketiah is on loan for you, will he be more of an impact sub with Bamford the main man?

Usually I wouldn’t bother with the preseason games but Leeds always need money. I’m planning on playing it like Bielsa - Bamford will play until I can’t ignore Eddie (which may have happened this morning in real life as he scored again).
  • JoshDFC
    2146 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nice start good luck I actually like Leeds as a club a team that belong in the Prem
  • exercisebike
    NCVqFMd.jpg

Bristol City 1-1 Leeds United

Diedhiou - 37’
    Hernandez - 59’

Leeds have been forced to come from behind against a spirited Bristol City on the opening weekend of the Championship weekend.

Leeds dominated the game, with 18 shots to 8, but had to settle for a point after Diedhiou’s first half goal. Jack Harrison appeared to have been fouled in the build-up to the goal.

When asked about the incident, Carlos Corberán commented, “It is not my place to analyse the referee; they have the hardest job in football. It is better to focus on our own performance.”

Leeds’ next fixture is at home to Nottingham Forest.
  • Wiggie44
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Good luck with your story. Looks like pre-season has given some good insights into the squad
  • exercisebike
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Nice start good luck I actually like Leeds as a club a team that belong in the Prem
    Wiggie44 wrote: »
    Good luck with your story. Looks like pre-season has given some good insights into the squad

Thank you both. Certainly given me some good insights, but a few questions too. How do I fit Costa, Clarke, Roberts, Douglas and Ayling in when Hernandez, Harrison, Klich, Alioski and Dallas (especially) are all playing so well?!
  • exercisebike
    xvAs6MQ.jpg
  • Ashy
    Tough start to the season away to Bristol but a decent point in the end, some good business all roun dtoo with Helder Costa and Eddie. I do feel it's important for Leeds to look for permanent signings that will help the club especially if they are to get promoted
  • Stlducks
    If Leeds could sign Eddie to a permanent deal in your career and in real life that would be tremendous business. Though I can't see Arsenal selling a talent like him.
  • exercisebike
    Tough start to the season away to Bristol but a decent point in the end, some good business all roun dtoo with Helder Costa and Eddie. I do feel it's important for Leeds to look for permanent signings that will help the club especially if they are to get promoted

In real life, Costa will be joining permanently at the end of the season, but I doubt this will happen in FIFA, although I do plan to sign him at the end of the season if I can. I’m trying to play it as realistically as possible, and while Leeds are in the Championship we have to sell to buy because of our wage bill and the Profit and Sustainability rules.
    Stlducks wrote: »
    If Leeds could sign Eddie to a permanent deal in your career and in real life that would be tremendous business. Though I can't see Arsenal selling a talent like him.

Would be great business in real life, but I haven’t used him yet in game. He is going to start in the Carabao Cup soon.
  • exercisebike
    edited October 2019
    F7dKp4E.jpg

Leeds United 1-0 Nottingham Forest

Bamford - 6’

Leeds United have recorded their first win of the season thanks to Patrick Bamford’s early goal. The goal came from Stuart Dallas’ pass - his second assist of the season - after Leeds won the ball close to Forest’s box.

The rest of the game was a fairly even affair, with Lewis Grabban (Forest) and Jack Harrison (Leeds) hitting the post.

Leeds’ next game is a Yorkshire derby at home to Bradford City in the Carabao Cup.
  • Ashy
    A nice early goal to allow you to control the game and get the 3 points well done, a Yorkshire derby in the cup is a big one, don't rest too many main players I say or keep them on the bench if needed
  • Stlducks
    Winning the Carabao Cup would be a great achievement for Leeds considering they would have to beat some top teams to do it. I wouldn't take the early rounds lightly.