AI positioning when changing line up

Verdi42
260 posts Sunday League Hero
Sometimes the AI changes its line up to a more attacking one (when they are behind). This always results in a very weird one, with players totally out of position. Below are two examples.
X8gXFXf.jpg
Here Dummett should be on left back, Willems on left midfield and Almiron/Saint-Maxim on the other flank and next to the striker.

vBREo51.jpg
Here Cancelo should be on right midfield, Angelino and Mendy are left backs so I have no clue what's going on there and Fernandinho should be on Angelino's position.

Could you get this to the team, @EA_Andy? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Kenneth8500
    262 posts Sunday League Hero
    This is no problem. Its fine formations.ex. Angelino can be better header than Cancelo.and Cancelo is faster than Angelino and better on all stats i offensive. And it's an offensive formation so it's fine.

No problem here. @EA_Andy
    Verdi42 wrote: »
    Sometimes the AI changes its line up to a more attacking one (when they are behind). This always results in a very weird one, with players totally out of position. Below are two examples.
    X8gXFXf.jpg
    Here Dummett should be on left back, Willems on left midfield and Almiron/Saint-Maxim on the other flank and next to the striker.

vBREo51.jpg
    Here Cancelo should be on right midfield, Angelino and Mendy are left backs so I have no clue what's going on there and Fernandinho should be on Angelino's position.

Could you get this to the team, @EA_Andy? Thanks in advance.
  • Verdi42
    260 posts Sunday League Hero
    Are you trolling or do you genuinely don’t see that Newcastle’s 541 list order has been applied to a 442, resulting in Willems moving from left back to right mid? Why have Shelvey on the flank and Almiron in the center?
  • mjtheslambam323
    175 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yeah classic FIFA glitch/bug here that will probably never be fixed. Definitely unfortunate and not realistic at all. But hey st least it looks like Newcastle fielded a realistic starting XI
  • bristolbob
    52 posts Park Captain
    It happens initially when you do it to your own team, it's just you can obviously change it, where as EA obviously haven't bothered to do that to the AI. Are we shocked!
  • Kenneth8500
    262 posts Sunday League Hero
    There can be alot of reason why the do that. But I also had to say. Hey, after many many years, now we got a realistic AI starting lineup. So give EA the next year to fix this minor issue.
    Verdi42 wrote: »
    Are you trolling or do you genuinely don’t see that Newcastle’s 541 list order has been applied to a 442, resulting in Willems moving from left back to right mid? Why have Shelvey on the flank and Almiron in the center?