This has to stop!

SeanDCFC
2643 posts Fans' Favourite
I'm conceding at least one goal like this a game, in this instance I concede 2 and it loses me the game. People should not be constantly rewarded for passing/running/shooting straight at their opponent, mistakes must be punished! To many situations in this game are about luck and that isn't how it should be. Fix this!!!!

Comments

• ASX
    3538 posts National Call-Up
    It's annoying; opponent charges into a congested area and somehow comes out the other side, after half a dozen rebounds/tackles and scores.

Happens too often.
  • Ash2442
    333 posts Sunday League Hero
    The game is dead
  • PegLeg
    952 posts Semi-Pro
    Sick of seeing an attacker ploughing straight through a centre back and in on goal or hoping for a rebound. Zero skill but seemingly coded to be so effective
  • SeanDCFC
    ASX wrote: »
    It's annoying; opponent charges into a congested area and somehow comes out the other side, after half a dozen rebounds/tackles and scores.

Happens too often.

Definitely happens way to often, the defenders should come out on top the majority of times in these scenarios but the opposite is true in this game.
    PegLeg wrote: »
    Sick of seeing an attacker ploughing straight through a centre back and in on goal or hoping for a rebound. Zero skill but seemingly coded to be so effective

I've literally come up against people who will legit only try to run/pass/shoot straight at you the full game and works way to often. I get some of these go in my favor as well of course but not nearly as often as others as I actively try to avoid running/passing/shooting straight into defenders.
  • mway
    2186 posts Fans' Favourite
    The reaction of the attacker when the shot is blocked, or a pass is cut, or he is tackled and loses possession of the ball, MUST be reduced. You don´t see this kind of goal IRL.
  • SeanDCFC
    mway wrote: »
    The reaction of the attacker when the shot is blocked, or a pass is cut, or he is tackled and loses possession of the ball, MUST be reduced. You don´t see this kind of goal IRL.

100%, this stuff should be rare but I see it many times in every game I play. This and player switching are the two major issues I have with this game (Although I don't think EA have any idea how to fix player switching as it's been a problem for years now).
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    4717 posts National Call-Up
    First goal is the usual FIFA bs this year. The second goal was a lapse of concentration on your part and could have been averted with anticipated clearance.
  • SeanDCFC
    First goal is the usual FIFA bs this year. The second goal was a lapse of concentration on your part and could have been averted with anticipated clearance.

Oh so the parts where I block the runs and shots are irrelevant? Get out of here with that nonsense, lapse of concentration lmao.
  • SomeNextGuy
    4785 posts Big Money Move
    Fair goals.

Your opponent anticipated that your defender would try to tackle the ball, so he intentionally ran straight into him and bounced the ball off him before receiving it back.

This takes real skill and judgement, something only pros like me have.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    SeanDCFC wrote: »

Oh so the parts where I block the runs and shots are irrelevant? Get out of here with that nonsense, lapse of concentration lmao.

I'm not justifying the bs rebounds. Just saying that you could have prevented that particular goal (so that maybe you're more prepared for it next time).
  • SeanDCFC

I'm not justifying the bs rebounds. Just saying that you could have prevented that particular goal (so that maybe you're more prepared for it next time).

The point of this post is that I shouldn't have to be prepared for anything, I should get the ball multiple times here! Plus you assume that I didn't have button delay when the defender gets the ball.
  • sturges12345
    4507 posts National Call-Up
    Fair goals.

Your opponent anticipated that your defender would try to tackle the ball, so he intentionally ran straight into him and bounced the ball off him before receiving it back.

Troll
  • Bapinho
    3719 posts National Call-Up
    That second one haha is really bad. Although i have to say it looks like you had a "chance" at clearing the ball with the defender
  • BlactionMan
    372 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yea he had a chance at clearing but who knows with this game! plenty of times id have an open goal if my striker shot first time but instead takes a stupid touch and gets tackled!

Ask yourself this, how many times in real football would you see a striker try and shoot at a defenders shins and have the ball stop dead less than a foot away
  • sturges12345
    4507 posts National Call-Up
    Concede this trash goal all the time. Run into the defender. The tackle the defender straight way and boom goal
  • SomeNextGuy
    4785 posts Big Money Move
    Fair goals.

Troll

Issa joke!
  • SeanDCFC
    Yea he had a chance at clearing but who knows with this game! plenty of times id have an open goal if my striker shot first time but instead takes a stupid touch and gets tackled!

Ask yourself this, how many times in real football would you see a striker try and shoot at a defenders shins and have the ball stop dead less than a foot away

Absolutely and this isn't about if I should clear it or not, if I made a mistake here fine, I should be punished for it. The problem is that my opponent made multiple clear mistakes, yet got rewarded. The main message is, I want a game were mistakes are punished most of the time and good play is rewarded most of the time, I don't feel this to be the case in FIFA and that's a problem for me.
  • cartyHUNTER
    1421 posts Professional
    Last season most of us were complaining that the ball always went to a defender rather than our attacker or that if it did fall to our attacker they could never react quick enough to score the rebound.

It is more realistic this year. Some of us are just never happy.
  • Numlocked_
    2507 posts Fans' Favourite
    Last season most of us were complaining that the ball always went to a defender rather than our attacker or that if it did fall to our attacker they could never react quick enough to score the rebound.

In what universe did you play Fifa? It NEVER went back to a defender after a tackle
  • lIlIlIlIlIl

The point of this post is that I shouldn't have to be prepared for anything, I should get the ball multiple times here! Plus you assume that I didn't have button delay when the defender gets the ball.

There is a lot of things that we shouldn't put up with with this game/company, but nonetheless, we have to adapt and make the best out of it.
  • SeanDCFC

Realistic? I don't see attackers running straight through defenders in real life very often do you? Happens every game in Fifa, there's nothing realistic about it.
  • SeanDCFC

There is a lot of things that we shouldn't put up with with this game/company, but nonetheless, we have to adapt and make the best out of it.

I'd rather post my concern so that maybe someone at EA can see it and do something about it (Unlikely, I know but it's better than just accepting it)