Patch 1.05 (PS4) finally made a perfect balance - Good Job EA

1
Vichy360
244 posts Sunday League Hero
Take the words of an old FIFA player (42 years old), playing since 1996,
The last patch is for the first time in the past 5 FIFA editions a decent one.
It changed the mess created by previous patches and turned it into a balanced game of football where U can actually defend/attack depending on football awareness and logic.
I know We always tend to quickly judge game status after each patch but when the difference is night & day between last 2 weeks and 10 online consecutive matches I played today after patch, then I had to admit there is a big positive difference in the following areas:

- Lag-free and quick response.
- Defending manually works very good finally.
- Attacking needs using ur mind more than spamming skills.
- Keepers are better in some situations (still have some mistakes for sure)
- Results of matches seems more FAIR than before.

This is not placebo effect believe me, make sure ur connection is wired/stable and ur monitor outputs less lag and u should feel the clear differences.

Thanks EA
Please don't change that !

Comments

  • NornIron
    13701 posts Has That Special Something
    Wait until later first few hrs is always the best.
  • Tboon
    3222 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2019
    Vichy360 wrote: »
    Take the words of an old FIFA player (42 years old), playing since 1996,
    The last patch is for the first time in the past 5 FIFA editions a decent one.
    It changed the mess created by previous patches and turned it into a balanced game of football where U can actually defend/attack depending on football awareness and logic.
    I know We always tend to quickly judge game status after each patch but when the difference is night & day between last 2 weeks and 10 online consecutive matches I played today after patch, then I had to admit there is a big positive difference in the following areas:

    - Lag-free and quick response.
    - Defending manually works very good finally.
    - Attacking needs using ur mind more than spamming skills.
    - Keepers are better in some situations (still have some mistakes for sure)
    - Results of matches seems more FAIR than before.

    This is not placebo effect believe me, make sure ur connection is wired/stable and ur monitor outputs less lag and u should feel the clear differences.

    Thanks EA
    Please don't change that !

    Good to read you like it.

    I'm not sure yet. Got some strange results last games (7-3, 8-4 and 5-5). Especially some weird saves from my the keepers. Not very realistic so far.
  • Vichy360
    244 posts Sunday League Hero
    NornIron wrote: »
    Wait until later first few hrs is always the best.

    Actually it was always the opposite , 1st day of patches was laggy with high load on server, this time is really different
  • NornIron
    13701 posts Has That Special Something
    Vichy360 wrote: »
    NornIron wrote: »
    Wait until later first few hrs is always the best.

    Actually it was always the opposite , 1st day of patches was laggy with high load on server, this time is really different

    Not at this time of the day wait until little jonny comes home from school starts up the Xbox, streaming Netflix on this laptop while listening to music on his phone.
  • Vichy360
    244 posts Sunday League Hero
    NornIron wrote: »
    Vichy360 wrote: »
    NornIron wrote: »
    Wait until later first few hrs is always the best.

    Actually it was always the opposite , 1st day of patches was laggy with high load on server, this time is really different

    Not at this time of the day wait until little jonny comes home from school starts up the Xbox, streaming Netflix on this laptop while listening to music on his phone.

    :smiley:
  • TheTataGuy
    3831 posts National Call-Up
    Passing speed is still to high and pass error to low, people playing ping pong passes with rashford, martial and Jesus op.front just takes no skill
  • CaptainDan-
    1854 posts Fans' Favourite
    Have headers actually changed?
  • Vichy360
    244 posts Sunday League Hero
    Have headers actually changed?

    Yes, working but not OP
  • CaptainDan-
    1854 posts Fans' Favourite
    Vichy360 wrote: »
    Have headers actually changed?

    Yes, working but not OP

    Cool so are taller strikers an option again?
  • Tboon
    3222 posts National Call-Up
    Vichy360 wrote: »
    Have headers actually changed?

    Yes, working but not OP

    Cool so are taller strikers an option again?

    Yes indeed
  • Jrmcsorley85
    676 posts An Exciting Prospect
    still cant score from a corner, but my tall striker wins header instead of not...
  • Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move
    Vichy360 wrote: »
    - Defending manually works very good finally.


    This is not placebo effect believe me, make sure ur connection is wired/stable and ur monitor outputs less lag and u should feel the clear differences.

    On an ok connection manual defending was absolutely perfect for me before.

    I dread to see what it's become now.
  • IamLeeroy
    499 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited October 2019
    10 games means nothing. Come back after 50+ at various times of day.
  • Mido
    672 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Game actually is playable for me now.
  • Vichy360 wrote: »
    Take the words of an old FIFA player (42 years old), playing since 1996,
    The last patch is for the first time in the past 5 FIFA editions a decent one.
    It changed the mess created by previous patches and turned it into a balanced game of football where U can actually defend/attack depending on football awareness and logic.
    I know We always tend to quickly judge game status after each patch but when the difference is night & day between last 2 weeks and 10 online consecutive matches I played today after patch, then I had to admit there is a big positive difference in the following areas:

    - Lag-free and quick response.
    - Defending manually works very good finally.
    - Attacking needs using ur mind more than spamming skills.
    - Keepers are better in some situations (still have some mistakes for sure)
    - Results of matches seems more FAIR than before.

    This is not placebo effect believe me, make sure ur connection is wired/stable and ur monitor outputs less lag and u should feel the clear differences.

    Thanks EA
    Please don't change that !

    If you need that to feel a clear difference then its not fixed.
  • Vichy360
    244 posts Sunday League Hero
    Mido wrote: »
    Game actually is playable for me now.

    Exactly , it wasn't before

  • Wizbit81
    325 posts Sunday League Hero
    first game after patch and the most enjoyable one in 50 or so games, not sure how he scored 3 though, I felt great defensively but hey!
  • PegLeg
    952 posts Semi-Pro
    Who let EA's mum post on here?
  • Gazhunt1981
    281 posts Sunday League Hero
    Games garbage was brilliant first few weeks ...plays exactly like fifa 19 now in every single way high pressured ..dont get a second on the ball and rebounds galore...take it from a 37 year old who had fifa international soccer on the mega drive
  • United80
    51 posts Park Captain
    Played 5 FUT Rival games since the update.

    In my opinion the gameplay was more balanced prior to the update. More or less it’s impossible to defend now. Games are ending 7:5, 8:6 and so on.

    Somehow the attackers are stronger than before; defenders are too far away from the attacking players.
  • Coderood
    1907 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nope. Lost a game 3-1 because my opponents Gabriel Jesus scored 3 rebound goals. The patch made this game even more terrible then it already was.
  • RageRambler
    924 posts Professional
    OP, the patch did not fix the obvious ecplouts of fake shot and ball drag changing direction to gain an unfair position advantage over your opppnent while in the final 3rd and outside the box.

    I can still defend it quite well, being in div 3, but the best way to defend is to never bite and charge to make a tackle. Especially against skilled skillers.

    It's all I see in game, every game. An excessive amount of ball drags and fake shots.. You never see anyone doing this so much on real futbol. They'd get smashed.
    EA needs to nerf this soon, bc with the delays, exploiting dragbacks and performing fake shots to gain positioning advantage is the best way to score in the upper tiers.
  • Allstar2k17
    225 posts Sunday League Hero
    Worse game since the patch imo. My players fell even more sluggish and unresponsive. Horrible
  • United80
    51 posts Park Captain
    Worse game since the patch imo. My players fell even more sluggish and unresponsive. Horrible

    You’re spot on
  • D0lvl
    2977 posts National Call-Up
    I don't see any difference tbh. Delays still there. Players taking way too heavy touches inside the box resulting in defenders blocking shots.

    This doesn't happen in squad battles or non-online modes.

    I didn't see a nerf in drag backs. Still feels the same.

  • Numlocked_
    1977 posts Fans' Favourite
    Passing is even worse than before
  • DicaniosGod
    5599 posts Big Money Move
    Agreed is much more balanced
  • Bags
    1096 posts Professional
    Feels better for me
  • VanNostrilboy
    67 posts Park Captain
    Don't know why they keep drastically changing the game. It's annoying having to change the way you play every week.
Sign In or Register to comment.