The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Icon Swap Final 3

Stevo_CT
3204 posts National Call-Up
After a lot of deliberation, I have settled on my final 3, if anyone has used them or can share additional information on pro's/con's, please do:

Wright - mostly for nostalgia, but he does look decent as well
Hagi - favouring him right now, stick a maestro on him and he looks insane, he should suit Fifa 20 as well, I also feel CAM is such a critical position for my formation choice and style of play
Zanetti - RB would be filled for quite some time, as his stats put him on top of the pile in that position

Feel free to share yours too.

Comments

• Rio, hagi and Wrighty I'm down too so similar to your picks, tough choice
  • delpieroalex
    463 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Would give more weightage to wright just because his a new icon.
  • Safehands84
    4001 posts National Call-Up
    Rio and pep or schmeichel
    Zanetti and schmeichel
    Pack and schmeichel
    Keane and Giggs

I'm playing pack only all year. No FP, not buying players just what I pack. I spent far too much time on the app last year and also had 9m coins by tots but it sucked the enjoyment out of the game for me, it became a headache thinking who to buy. This was apperciate better players more.

I've been quite lucky in packing Rashford, Son, Luis Suarez and Bale so attacking wise they are good enough for now.
    Other areas of my team need work. I have Busquets he decent but slow. Pep could replace him but I'd lose the full chem on Suarez.
    Rio or zanetti would last in my team for the full year.
    My head says the Rio or Zanetti are the right choices but then I do love a gamble so am being drawn to the pack.
    I'll probably get all the tokens and go from there. Being a united fan I'll end up taking Rio i reckon but the gamble is so tempting. I want to try Zidane so might just buy 1 player this year, him if I get enough coins.
  • Idek
    12812 posts Has That Special Something
    Zanetti or Drogba are the only ones I care about from this set, think I'm going for Zanetti because he can be my right back all year whereas there are so many good attackers in the game I don't want to lock up one of my striker spots especially if I ended up not liking Drogba
  • IxToMxI
    6861 posts League Winner
    Gerrard or Drogba, probably Gerrard looks like he will last until the end
  • BlackFridayRule
    1271 posts Professional
    Only hagi for me. He was so great last year that he stayed in my team right til the end.

Do note that i did not play online. Might be very different then
  • albin231
    215 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Grew up watching gerrard in his prime and im a Liverpool fan so it's a nobrainer for me, going to pair him up with dalglish and hopefully Barnes prime card when they release it!
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    14275 posts World Class
    Pep and Rio fir me I think... Already grabbed pep.... Who's been good so far fir me

Others that interest me are R. Carlos and Crespo
  • Lfc23
    2305 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’ve got hagi in my team now would definitely recommend going for him only the 85 version but he’s quality
  • pudgyfudgy
    6134 posts Big Money Move
    I'd just like to caution you guys about Hagi. M/L workrates this year is extreeeeeemely annoying. I'm using 87 Bergkamp now and he literally just stands there waiting for the ball to come to him. He makes no runs unless you manually trigger him, he doesn't make any attempt to track back, even just a little. I've tried all sorts of instructions, from Free Roam to Aggressive Interceptions etc, even putting him as ST with Get In Behind... it doesn't make any difference. I still love him because his vision, passing and finishing is extraordinary, but it can be really infuriating to play with him especially when you're chasing a game.

Before Bergkamp I used Martial who is M/L too and it was pretty much the same thing.
  • Staxdoobie
    1622 posts Play-Off Hero
    Already grabbed pep.... Who's been good so far fir me

First praise I've heard for him. He's not a waste of 8 tokens then?
  • princeapalia
    1080 posts Professional
    I either want Gerrard because he is so versatile with chem styles and can play in ever position in the mid.

Or Pirlo and Okocha. The players aren’t amazing but I love skilling, and getting two icons willl mean I can spend more on the rest of the team
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    14275 posts World Class
    Staxdoobie wrote: »

Not for me he certainly isn't. Allows me to still get Rio too. He M/H so it's really beneficial for my team anyway. My only gripe about him is he's a bit weak. He'll struggle to get the ball of Pogba I mean... But passing, dribbling and defending are exceptional
  • Bas
    1344 posts Professional
    Butra looks very good too.
  • Fatmanc
    1295 posts Professional

Not for me he certainly isn't. Allows me to still get Rio too. He M/H so it's really beneficial for my team anyway. My only gripe about him is he's a bit weak. He'll struggle to get the ball of Pogba I mean... But passing, dribbling and defending are exceptional

I have heard a lot of people praise him TBF, he looks like a good cheap beast until u can afford much better cards, have you got anchor or a shadow on him?
  • Raider
    3759 posts National Call-Up
    ill prob go for Stevie G, he's probably the only that can last for a while as there arent many options like him. Ballack Prime maybe but he wont be available for couple of months
  • I change my mind every day.
    But I keep looking at Pirlo. It’s that composure, dribbling passing stats and 5* skills that draws me in. I know he not popular but could be useful around edge of box.
  • TheSBCKing
    280 posts Sunday League Hero
    My 2 are R.Carlos and Zanetti taken from my 4 which including ballack and gerrard
    (and another with leftovers, maybe schmeichel just for SBC fodder or placeholder for new teams)

Not going for a striker as that keeps changing otherwise i'd include Wright.

Which option I go for depends on how my team pans out over the next 3-4 weeks (i'd choose during the next season probably). My most likely picks are one of the full backs because i'd have 2 teams, 1 PL and 1 other (either ligue 1 or serie A possibly with a slight hybrid), serie A doesnt have a good enough RB and zanetti can fill that spot for a very long time and Ligue 1 doesnt have a LB so Carlos can fill it for quite a while as well as Telles can't stay forever with Mendes likely to be upgraded to something else so the link to T.Silva isn't enough.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    14275 posts World Class
    Fatmanc wrote: »

I have heard a lot of people praise him TBF, he looks like a good cheap beast until u can afford much better cards, have you got anchor or a shadow on him?

Went with engine originally. But just changed it to anchor lol apparently a beast with anchor
  • TheSBCKing
    280 posts Sunday League Hero
    has anyone tried R.Carlos yet?
  • Nelmser
    581 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Zanetti, Hagi, Gerrard

At the moment I’m leaning towards Zanetti
  • Mic2904
    2151 posts Fans' Favourite
    All are all crap and in order to get one, EA is telling me what team I have to use. Stuff that :)
  • AJS-17
    1135 posts Professional
    Gonna pick up Prime Keane, had him last year he was great for me, with the left over tokens I can't decide -

Pep, Nesta or Giggs? (nostalgia reasons)
  • protzbischof
    3389 posts National Call-Up
    Cant decide either...

Zanetti : Looks good but has a few weaknesses that I dont like at all. 2* SM, bad finishing, bad curve. I think Zambrotta is just a much superior card so I dont think I will do Zanetti
    Rui Costa : Really good allround card. With a Hunter he has 80 Finishing, good pace and physical. His dribbling could be better but I think his strength might make up for it.
    Klose : Nostalgia.. If it was the prime I wouldnt hesitate. With an engine he has aobut 88 Pace and 80 agility/80 Balance. Not bad but not quite good enough to last very long in this game..
    Hagi : Looks really good but he is lacking the pace and if you apply a hunter he is lacking the elite dribbling in the agility/balance department. Plaers ike Messi/hazard/neymar are just superior to him. Medium attacking workrate might also be an issue.
    Gerrard : Lacks the Agility/Balance and therefore needs an engine. Sadly his Defense and Physical isnt good enough with that and he only has 3*WF aswell.
    Drogba : EA seems to have no desire to patch headers and shielding so I really dont think he is any good this year. He also has H/H workrates which means he is going to be everywhere and nowehre and the same time.
    Very stiff with low agility and balance.
    Ferdinand : You can never go wrong with him but its kinda boring isnt it?

Very hard decision but might go for that Rui Costa as he is kind of unique.
  • Ballack & Guardiola or Keane & Okocha
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    14275 posts World Class
    Ballack & Guardiola or Keane & Okocha

Definitely the 1st 2
  • HelloDearie
    2409 posts Fans' Favourite
    Butra or Gerrard for me. Both would slot in nicely to my team.

Altho should I manage to acquire Messi anytime soon then zanetti would become a no brainer.
  • Headshrinker363
    5764 posts Big Money Move
    I used Prime Zanetti for most of last year. Really solid then, not sure about now. Hagi I used for about 20 games last year before getting rid, again might be different this year. Wright does look good.
  • Psymon_v
    620 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Pirlo for me. He's by far the most handsome.
  • Pirlo for me. He's by far the most handsome.

Spot on 👍😂