PS4 Controller for FIFA

Navraat
3672 posts National Call-Up
Used Xbox One controller but had to change like 5 of them past 3 years because either LB\RB stops working or analog stick becomes super loose.

Recently tried a PS4 controller and generally like it better except for analog sticks, feel it's harder to make precise micro movements on the PS4 controller however the buttons are all better and more responsive except for triggers

Also a pain in the butt having to use external software to make it work on non steam games

Comments

• Denisianes
    8153 posts League Winner
    My xbox controller seems to be on its deathbed and I have a PS4 controller laying around.. last time i tried to use it on Fifa it was a nightmare. Is there some video or guide about software configuration that actually works?
  • DSD27
    5758 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2019
    I never had a problem with xbox controllers, they always last long until I break them because of FIFA.
  • Navraat
    edited October 2019
    Denisianes wrote: »
    My xbox controller seems to be on its deathbed and I have a PS4 controller laying around.. last time i tried to use it on Fifa it was a nightmare. Is there some video or guide about software configuration that actually works?

Steam's Big Picture mode has full support for DS4 controller in Windows, so you can use this mode to get the controller to work in Origin games:

- Run Steam and add Origin.exe as a Non-Steam Game

- Plug in your PS4 controller and switch Steam to Big Picture mode (controller icon in top right of Steam)

- You should be able to navigate around Big Picture mode with your controller

- Now go to Settings -> Controller Settings, and enable "PS4 Configuration Support" (not sure why this is needed, but I had to do it for it to work)

- Now go to Big Picture Library and launch Origin, which should open inside the Big Picture layout

- You can't navigate Origin itself with a controller, so use your keyboard/mouse to login to Origin and launch FIFA from the Origin library

If everything worked properly, FIFA will open up on top, and you will see Xbox button icons in game but your PS4 controller will work just fine.

Post edited by Navraat on
  • Denisianes
    8153 posts League Winner
    Yeah I tried it in Fifa and the menus were going crazy, while on Steam it worked great. Guess I'll try it tonight and hopefully all the buttons do what they are supposed to.

Thanks for the detailed explanation.
  • Navraat
    Denisianes wrote: »
    Yeah I tried it in Fifa and the menus were going crazy, while on Steam it worked great. Guess I'll try it tonight and hopefully all the buttons do what they are supposed to.

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Im finding the ps4 controller to be slightly delayed on PC

X1 is more responsive