FUT Draft Has Ridiculously Smooth Gameplay?!

jackm57
2432 posts Fans' Favourite
edited October 2019
Just played my first draft of the year.

There is literally no lag.

Skill moves work every time.
Headers work so much better.

What is going on?

Try it and you'll see what I mean.

I was playing draft to try and get some more first owner cards for ICON SWAPS.

Before you say it's chemistry or Icons, I didn't have any icons and could only get 90 Chem on my draft so it's not that.

Comments

• Dawud
    16137 posts World Class
    Draft is incredible, feels like a completely different game and opponents aren’t toxic too, I’m doing draft only and made a mil already
  • lulzfifaomega
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    u play draft on EA server
    rival, WEL etc is peer 2 peer
  • RTG20
    1743 posts Play-Off Hero

Champs is EA servers
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain

Wrong, they're all on dedicated servers. Draft doesn't have skill based matchmaking, has location based matchmaking. You're more likely to be matched against high ping unstable connections in Fut Champions and in the higher divisions in Rivals.
  • RTG20
    1743 posts Play-Off Hero
    @Retro_G

Did they change it this year?

Cause last year Rivals was p2p, not dedicated.
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    edited October 2019
    RTG20 wrote: »
    @Retro_G

Rivals was dedicated servers last year too, I know this because I've a netduma router, it tells me when I'm on dedicated or peer to peer. Draft was on peer to peer last year, for about half of the games cycle, they changed to dedicated servers and tweeted about it, friendlies were on peer to peer in Fifa 19.
  • RTG20
    1743 posts Play-Off Hero
    Retro_G wrote: »
    RTG20 wrote: »
    @Retro_G

Rivals was dedicated servers last year too, I know this because I've a netduma router, it tells me when I'm on dedicated or peer to peer. Draft was on peer to peer last year, for about half of the games cycle, they changed to dedicated servers and tweeted about it, friendlies were on peer to peer in Fifa 19.

Ahh ok I didn't realise, hadn't had a need to monitor or check it for ages.

Really wish they'd ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off with changing the game speed at times then, I like the normal/medium speed.
  • DanAdams
    62 posts Park Captain
    So what’s causing the incredibly sluggish gameplay in rivals? So much delay.

If its peer to peer i dont understand. My broadband is 185mb fibre
  • IxToMxI
    8204 posts League Winner
    Draft is dedicated servers I suspect they are using Microsoft Azure or AWS for it as they have so many data centres everywhere but so it should be as you have to use money or in game currency to play draft you shouldn’t be disadvantaged.

I just don’t get why they don’t use dedicated servers for all the other game modes well I guess I do since I work in IT as cloud data centres charge each time data leaves the centre with the amount of FUT games played it would be add a shed load of cost to EA’s opex
  • Mmandras
    6358 posts Big Money Move
    Hm, makes me want to play draft. The whole mode is just brilliant, just the barrier of entry 15k is a little bit high. It can easily be the most fun of all modes.