Total lack of tactical intelligence by AI

Verdi42
260 posts Sunday League Hero
Just played Tottenham with Everton, and in the second half they brought in some unknown 60- rated player on RM for Luckas. They should've brought in Dele, and moved Eriksen to the right. Things like that never happen in FIFA, bringing in one player and moving another to a different position.

I also notice that sometimes the AI would change formation to be more attacking or more defensive. That's great, but they don't manage to fill in that new formation in a logical way. A lot of the time a targetman is put on the wing, or the left back moves to the right wing, central midfielders move to the wing and other illogical things like that. Really kills emersion. Could you get this to the team as well, @EA_Andy?

Comments

• iniesto8
    59 posts Park Captain
    Great point! Faced this issue too
  • Verdi42
    Seems like we are the only ones that care about this. Strange.
  • iniesto8
    59 posts Park Captain
    Not enough Offline players on the forum...

Some more points I noticed are

1) Custom Team Sheets are missing!

A "Team Sheet" tab should be available next to the "Match Preview" tab at all Kick Off menus where users can then use the right analog stick to select team sheets that have already been created.

The same is available in Career Mode and in Champions League Mode.

There is no option to select an already created team sheet in all the Kick Off modes.
    Only the custom team sheet set as favorite appears as default sheet in kick off mode, there is no option to switch team sheets even with live forms on!!!

This is really not convenient and was actually working in FIFA18, not sure what happened after that.

2) Goal News Missing

So in Career Mode La Liga there are no goal news announcements/updates from concurrent matches anymore(?)

Got them only in pre season and not once in the league or CL. Also player injury updates arent available anymore... (he's a tough cookie he'll carry on(?))

3) Free Kick System for Keyboard Players

I use just the keyboard not the mouse, just the keyboard and find it difficult to take the free kicks?

The only style of free kick that can be done is the dipping shot, what about all those other cool things? This was a bit disappointing because it made me question whether EA even considers all of its users before designing such stuff...

4) Corner Kick Crowd Animation

Why don't we have the opposition crowd trying to move closer and intimidate the corner kick taker? Especially in big matches!

5) Corner Kicks!

Corner Kicks basically have no impact as the defending team always gets the ball and scoring headers is literally impossible.

6) Commentary!

Derek Rae and Lee Dixon think a 3+ goal margin is a slender lead...

Please look into the dialogue and situation combinations... Disappointing

Also why no Martin Tyler and Alan Smith in European matches?!

7) Hand balls

Hand balls don't seem to work at all anymore.

You can add more, anything you've noticed?

Cheers!
  • blue166
    931 posts Semi-Pro
    You can score from corners. I have and have also conceded. That myth about no goals from corners is not true.
  • Saints92
    49 posts Park Captain
    I've scored from corners, and the handball situation can be resolved in offline modes by going into the settings.
  • iniesto8
    59 posts Park Captain
    Saints92 wrote: »
    I've scored from corners, and the handball situation can be resolved in offline modes by going into the settings.

Nope tried that, had handball on (except for penalties)
    doesnt work
  • iniesto8
    59 posts Park Captain
    blue166 wrote: »
    You can score from corners. I have and have also conceded. That myth about no goals from corners is not true.

oh? All the points I mentioned were for offline
    I have conceded a few, yet to score one, not happy with the frequency...
  • blue166
    931 posts Semi-Pro
    iniesto8 wrote: »

They are more difficult no denying that.

It's better online. Perhaps sliders offline can help with it??
  • Verdi42
    Corner kicks aren't the issue, heading is. Almost impossible to head the ball hard and clean when attacking.
  • iniesto8
    59 posts Park Captain

Nah... I never touch the sliders...
  • blue166
    931 posts Semi-Pro

Nah... I never touch the sliders...

👍

That's fair enough.