I just cant win on FUT Champs

SP300x
174 posts Sunday League Hero
edited October 12
Ive been playing fifa for over 15 years, always been a fairly decent player. FUT wise consitently been a division 1/2 player by mid game. Since the arrival of FUT champs ive only ever gotten as far as Gold 2 last year but silver 1 and gold 3 was my main finishing point. In FIFA 20 Champs Im struggling so much I keep losing by the smallest of margins. Ive tried so many different formations and so many teams ive lost so many coins from rage selling. Im still doing okay on rivals and I play legendary on squad battles but cant translate this to FUT champs. Any help appreciated.

EDIT - So started playing the icons objectives and used a crappy la liga team against a god squad on rivals and won... its defo something wrong with fut champs gameplay.
Post edited by SP300x on

Comments

• What do you think is your biggest weakness in matches?
  • SP300x
    What do you think is your biggest weakness in matches?

Hard to pin it down to one thing, it’s a bit of everything and I dont know whether its down to the delay or not
  • Pocketsquareguy
    5330 posts Big Money Move
    Not sure what your weekend record is. But I also have been playing a long time. Fifa 98. Got gold 2 or 1 all of last year. Finished 14-14 last week. This week started 4-9. Finished 14-14 again. It will usually even out. I always work my way up to d1 after a couple of months. Though I’m only playing rivals for objectives this year. So it’s going to take longer. But as I age sometimes it takes me longer to adapt to the new game. My experience helps as I’ve seen it all in 22 years. But I also rely a lot on muscle memory after all these years. So it sometimes takes a bit to break habits from the previous fifa.
  • Jdizzle
    92 posts Park Captain
    Been division 1 since the beginning but these last two fifas have had me struggling tbh. I'd say a big change is the improvement in ai defending.
  • SP300x
    Jdizzle wrote: »
    Been division 1 since the beginning but these last two fifas have had me struggling tbh. I'd say a big change is the improvement in ai defending.

Ive always played a possession style of play and the last 2 fifa’s have been really bad for it.

Fifa 20 youre not even guaranteed that your simple 5 yard ball will work.
  • Jdizzle
    92 posts Park Captain
    SP300x wrote: »

Ive always played a possession style of play and the last 2 fifa’s have been really bad for it.

Yeah idk if it's lag or just ea's bad game tbh. I remember being on career mode last year and i tried to use the wheel for a transfer bid and it was clearly not what i was directing my analog stick to.

Yeah i'm the same I only played a little fifa 19 because it was so bad. I'm doing ok this fifa though, currently hovering around division 3 and gold 1 in futchamps. Have you learned how to jockey defend etc?
  • SP300x
    SP300x wrote: »

Yeah idk if it's lag or just ea's bad game tbh. I remember being on career mode last year and i tried to use the wheel for a transfer bid and it was clearly not what i was directing my analog stick to.

Yeah i'm the same I only played a little fifa 19 because it was so bad. I'm doing ok this fifa though, currently hovering around division 3 and gold 1 in futchamps. Have you learned how to jockey defend etc?

Ive learned how to jockey defend etc but keep getting done by rebounds etc nothing you can do tbh
  • Simsbadger
    443 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Mate your not alone I’ve had a terrible weekend league !!!
    Last year I was a gold 3-2 every week. Now I know this years fifa is different but ea servers at times are a joke now I’m not saying all my loses are down to lag or button response but I can’t keep a lead I’ve led in 4-5 games by more than 2 goals and lose every time.
    I’ve finished this week on silver3 which for me is a joke.
    I will have to step back and look at my skills or lack of lol and re figure my next step.
    Chin up bud on to next week I’m sure it can’t get any worse 😂
  • SP300x
    Simsbadger wrote: »
    Mate your not alone I’ve had a terrible weekend league !!!
    Last year I was a gold 3-2 every week. Now I know this years fifa is different but ea servers at times are a joke now I’m not saying all my loses are down to lag or button response but I can’t keep a lead I’ve led in 4-5 games by more than 2 goals and lose every time.
    I’ve finished this week on silver3 which for me is a joke.
    I will have to step back and look at my skills or lack of lol and re figure my next step.
    Chin up bud on to next week I’m sure it can’t get any worse 😂

Yeah I lost a 3-0 lead earlier. I think im gonna put it down to the fact my team isnt good enough I dont have enough good players everyone is killing me with their son’s and mane’s
  • SP300x
    So started playing the icons objectives and used a crappy la liga team against a god squad on rivals and won... its defo something wrong with fut champs gameplay.
  • Decee
    441 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm gold 2 for the past few years, this year I'm struggling to get above 11 wins.
  • Salvatori
    987 posts Professional
    The biggest problem is, you cant identify your weakness on this game. Because it is nearly always masked by the shocking connection advantage that happens one way or other. Its just pointless trying to analyse your play.

I just lost to a guy who had a 70% pass accuracy and 44% possession, and he was 3 v 1 down. It was clear that he had the better connection, as he could just charge tackle all the time knowing fine well i couldnt make my players react / move in time. So what acn you do? just give up and move onto the next game.

I am a 14 wins guy, thats my level when all is equall.Div 4, maybe banging on 3 when things are equal. That is well below average, but this WL i am losing to players who are so ***ing bad at the game its a joke.
  • Safehands84
    3531 posts National Call-Up
    I hate the mode, played about 6 weekends last year but need to now for the token. Got 7 wins in 14, just want the other two quick so dont have to bother again until the next set
  • mway
    941 posts Semi-Pro
    This is the WL :D
    image.png

• Boysie91
    8441 posts League Winner
    Last week it took me 22 games to get G3 with two EA disconnections. So far this WL 11 wins 3 loses 🤔
  • Flymi
    500 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Boysie91 wrote: »
    Last week it took me 22 games to get G3 with two EA disconnections. So far this WL 11 wins 3 loses 🤔

Don't hold your breath yet. I hit 13-5 then lost 6 in a row to some insane bs lol