Anyone else calling it quits for awhile?

AngryHawk
110 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Played a couple more games tonight, won one lost one, just have no desire to play anymore. I feel like the game is already dead, you can only use a handful of players because of the Pace abuse, game feels so random not based on skill what so ever. I guess I’ll go play Red Dead until COD comes out. Peace out guys!

Comments

• Yup. Sold my team. Game has potential but is broken thanks to EA's potato servers
  • yosef167
    98 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    yea they killed it i came home off work i usually play like 6-7 games before i sleep
    today i went for 4 games in fut even if i won 3 of them still cant manage to continue so i stopped.
  • Amdp9
    3154 posts National Call-Up
    sold everything today and will clean my club as well,
  • AngryHawk
    Amdp9 wrote: »

Good idea, just sell and hold the coins and pray they fix it
  • limjitwe
    6802 posts Big Money Move
    AngryHawk wrote: »
    Amdp9 wrote: »

Good idea, just sell and hold the coins and pray they fix it

Fix what? Pace?
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    3382 posts National Call-Up
    This game has wider skillgap now than last year. Rather a fast paced game with quick decisionmaking than a lethargic borefest with positional gameplay.
  • Covkilla91mob
    451 posts An Exciting Prospect
    This game has wider skillgap now than last year. Rather a fast paced game with quick decisionmaking than a lethargic borefest with positional gameplay.

You sure about fast paced the servers have been so bad and players barely move lol.

I agree bigger skill gap will be from the pace and decisions you make but if you have delay its not possible on a game built to be slower .
  • Gnomenclature
    3176 posts National Call-Up
    Last year I could play fifa for hours. This year? I'm bored after 3 games.
  • FlyingOkapis
    1030 posts Professional

You sure about fast paced the servers have been so bad and players barely move lol.

I agree bigger skill gap will be from the pace and decisions you make but if you have delay its not possible on a game built to be slower .

Have to disagree here, the AI defending is shocking dealing with pace, you control one CB and manually try close down the player with the ball in your box, the other CB will literally stand there and let the other attacker make a run before reacting, its why for me there is so many cut back goals, the CB is always outpaced by the run as they react well after the attacker is away.

Defending being more manual is great but the AI side of it sucks.
  • Rogerio8
    547 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It's a good game but the servers are unplayable I'm afraid, no point even bothering really. Had a game last night and literally kept tackling players but there was such a massive delay I couldn't actually clear the ball out of my box.
  • Mic2904
    1994 posts Fans' Favourite
    I might...

Worst thing they note did is the icons objectives. The games are so toxic now... it’s not fun anymore.

Gameplay is crap as well.
  • pwn_star
    91 posts Park Captain
    I just played the absolute worst delayed and weird crap happening game ever in fifa. I'm thinking about quitting all together. I have no idea how this game can feel so bad for someone living in southern California on really good internet. I feel like I'm connecting to servers in Antarctica. Its absolutely terrible!
    To top it off it wouldn't allow me to make any subs at all.
    Never played such a terrible online game before!
  • CharlieC
    6738 posts Big Money Move
    Really good game, really bad servers
  • Tasch
    295 posts Sunday League Hero
    How about AI in attack? Played a guy now, got one of his cb sent off. He didn’t do any subs, so it created a gap in his defence. Why does my attacker seek out the defender instead of the huge gap in defence, making a through pass impossible. It makes no frikkin sense at all! I got Auba up front with 99 attacking position. I know this is an arcade game, but jesus christ, try to bend the game towards something that actually makes sense.
  • DonkeyKong
    339 posts Sunday League Hero
    If they sort the delay I'm reasonably satisfied with the gameplay. It caters to how I defend in that it rewards making reads and anticipation rather than reactions
  • AngryHawk
    edited October 12
    CharlieC wrote: »
    Really good game, really bad servers

It was a good game... then like every year they patched it
  • suxxio
    351 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bad servers
    Everybody is sweating and celebrating like a little kid
    Rebounds op
    Every **** gets blocked..
    Pace rules
  • Gainzy
    1047 posts Professional
    suxxio wrote: »
    Bad servers
    Everybody is sweating and celebrating like a little kid
    Rebounds op
    Every **** gets blocked..
    Pace rules

Sounds like fifa 19 except flick up crosses for pace. Glad I sold the ps4 and didn't but the game. A bit gutted my early access on companion app has expired though!
  • Pooter
    2124 posts Fans' Favourite
    Come November, I may quit, because I can't be bothered to grind for nearly a year if EA are going to do nothing about the German players, some are just pure lagging the system

Thought they had this system where it be equal internet, but no, I just played a person with a full Bundesliga squad, and he was lagging like the worst I've seen on this game so far
  • Numberofluck27
    214 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Before the patch it was so Nice, now you dont need to defend yourself anymore
  • simlejh
    64 posts Park Captain
    Didn't sign up for weekend league and it felt great. Just cant be asked with that **** anymore
  • DicaniosGod
    5214 posts Big Money Move
    Give up then and go
    Back to 19 for while, you’ll,sadly, probably enjoy it! 😉
  • Gunin
    343 posts Sunday League Hero
    pwn_star wrote: »
    I just played the absolute worst delayed and weird crap happening game ever in fifa. I'm thinking about quitting all together. I have no idea how this game can feel so bad for someone living in southern California on really good internet. I feel like I'm connecting to servers in Antarctica. Its absolutely terrible!
    To top it off it wouldn't allow me to make any subs at all.
    Never played such a terrible online game before!

I'm in southern California too on Gigabit fiber connection . The game feels like straight dog **** ! I talked to someone else that is in California(I think central) and they have the same problem. Maybe EA needs to do a deal with Amazon so they can have servers every where ? Cause right now they suck **** .
  • Gunin
    343 posts Sunday League Hero

How can you possibly know what the skill gap is with such a broken piece of **** game ?
  • lulzfifaomega
    100 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    team sold, game copy sold
    since my market is still blocked on web app with 398 games in, **** FIFA
  • hayhor1
    14287 posts Has That Special Something
    I think lots of us are in the same boat.

A few years back a small group of forumers I know formed a WhatsApp group specifically around FUT. Only around 60% of the original group bought the game this year. One already sold his copy and wasnt even playing FUT. Only one has even bothered with WL. And most cant stand playing, even friendlies.

This mode is dying. All the stuff we cannot mention combined with the blatant money grabbing has destroyed it.
  • Flymi
    500 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Debating it after the **** ive had tonight.
  • KurtyH
    209 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    I think lots of us are in the same boat.

A few years back a small group of forumers I know formed a WhatsApp group specifically around FUT. Only around 60% of the original group bought the game this year. One already sold his copy and wasnt even playing FUT. Only one has even bothered with WL. And most cant stand playing, even friendlies.

This mode is dying. All the stuff we cannot mention combined with the blatant money grabbing has destroyed it.

Game is boring and seems more one sided than ever - I am either hammering people or getting hammered there is no close games and feels like there is nothing me or my opponent can do to change things in game. The game or server lag has already decided who's winning.

the mode is dying people realise it's a year after cash grab for virtual cards which make zero difference in game, I can have the best icons/players or use the cheapest 75 rated gold squad and I will still finish same in wkl.

anybody actually spending money on this game seriously needs their head tested
  • BorussenBernie09
    1462 posts Professional

So long passing the ball down the line, abusing pace and passing the ball from the baseline to the middle is a wider skillgap? People playing dropback and zero depth again, servers are trash, players don't responding due to delay..this gameplay has nothing to do with skill. Quick decisionmaking isn't possible because the Game is a Delay fest.
  • Doub13emTee
    49 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited October 13
    Taking 2 weeks off, and then we'll see :) every oponent that I play is - 1 depth, and speed speed speed. Plus, yesterday when I was on defense, I would just put controler down and it was working fine. This is fifa 19 again.
    Post edited by Doub13emTee on