This game was much better on release.

OfficerJimlahey
1902 posts Fans' Favourite
What a wasted opportunity by EA. They had the bare bones of a decent football game. Now it just seems like they flicked a switch, installed the bs patch and reverted to 19 game play.

It’s back to idiots football. The gameplay seams to favour those that hold sprint and attack thoughtlessly with every pass going forwards. It also appears that the way to get your AI to defend for you is to set them to high pressure.

Seriously this is a million miles from what was released and even what they’ve stated on the pitch notes. Absolutely no way have they only patched what they said, the difference is night and day.

I still hold some hope that they’ll patch itv back but I reckon this is beyond the devs. The money men decide the skill gap should be smaller.

Comments

• malky
    748 posts Semi-Pro
    What a wasted opportunity by EA. They had the bare bones of a decent football game. Now it just seems like they flicked a switch, installed the bs patch and reverted to 19 game play.

It’s back to idiots football. The gameplay seams to favour those that hold sprint and attack thoughtlessly with every pass going forwards. It also appears that the way to get your AI to defend for you is to set them to high pressure.

Seriously this is a million miles from what was released and even what they’ve stated on the pitch notes. Absolutely no way have they only patched what they said, the difference is night and day.

I still hold some hope that they’ll patch itv back but I reckon this is beyond the devs. The money men decide the skill gap should be smaller.

It's so obvious
  • Maestro2k
    120 posts Has Potential To Be Special

• bigpokey24
    5982 posts Big Money Move
    I have no empathy for yall who bought the game. come fifa 2021 , same ish different day
  • Zambo9
    6146 posts Big Money Move
    Sorry but what did you expect? Even on the first day you could see that pace was the OP factor this year, game was more enjoyable just because everyone had awful teams and people were still learning the new game
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    4717 posts National Call-Up
    Nothing of grave significance has changed since release. People got proper teams now and have adapted.
  • Navraat
    3672 posts National Call-Up
    Tbf it was just a matter of time before hardcore players picked up and learned the meta. I struggled for 50 or so games post patch before realizing what works and now I'm flying. Near post shots, L1 dribbling in buildup change the game completely. It will only get worse as people realize L1 is essentially Croqueta of fifa 19 and near post shots are last year's volleys

• OfficerJimlahey
    Nothing of grave significance has changed since release. People got proper teams now and have adapted.

I don’t buy that tbh mate. It’s much more that just people using the meta. You couldn’t get away with this ❤️❤️❤️❤️ on release. It’s just RNG idiotic football. They added some kind of random bs patch. Honestly it’s gone from one of the best FIFA’s to the same bs as usual after one patch.
  • OfficerJimlahey
    Zambo9 wrote: »
    Sorry but what did you expect? Even on the first day you could see that pace was the OP factor this year, game was more enjoyable just because everyone had awful teams and people were still learning the new game

It’s undoubtedly changed. Breaking down a defence is too difficult now. If you don’t move the ball forwards as fast as possible then you are playing at a disadvantage. Slow considered breakdown play was rewarded, not now, even when I’m playing poor teams

• TheTataGuy
    3888 posts National Call-Up
    I love it when people just try one-two passes and through ball it, so easy to defend
  • Zambo9 wrote: »

It’s undoubtedly changed. Breaking down a defence is too difficult now. If you don’t move the ball forwards as fast as possible then you are playing at a disadvantage. Slow considered breakdown play was rewarded, not now, even when I’m playing poor teams

It's almost exactly as it was day 1. Only difference is that people learned how to play this game.

But if you didn't see the issues on day 1 then that's down to you not wanting to see them.
  • Flapjack
    7061 posts Big Money Move
    Orison wrote: »

It's almost exactly as it was day 1. Only difference is that people learned how to play this game.

But if you didn't see the issues on day 1 then that's down to you not wanting to see them.

I personally disagree. EA have done this with the last couple FIFAs. Game plays one way on release, they release a patch and then everything feels different.

I know people have learnt the game but something just feels different and not in a good way.
  • Flapjack wrote: »

I personally disagree. EA have done this with the last couple FIFAs. Game plays one way on release, they release a patch and then everything feels different.

I know people have learnt the game but something just feels different and not in a good way.

They almost patched nothing so far lol.
  • OfficerJimlahey

The game had a much greater element of control to it. You couldn’t press like you can now. Goals were well earned.

Fair enough things like near post shootings weren’t worked out yet etc but the general game felt well different.

If you compare gameplay videos from release to now you’ll see a clear difference
  • Orison wrote: »

The game had a much greater element of control to it. You couldn’t press like you can now. Goals were well earned.

Fair enough things like near post shootings weren’t worked out yet etc but the general game felt well different.

If you compare gameplay videos from release to now you’ll see a clear difference

You still can't press lol.

Time wasting and possession play are huge issues.

I watch a lot of pros. Nothing major changed about this game.
  • mindm4ster
    5260 posts Big Money Move

please show me comparison video
  • exoww
    437 posts Sunday League Hero
    Had huge hopes when the game first released. Game play was based on skill and not exploiting the games flaws. After the patch, it’s trash. Played a guy yesterday in WL, scored one of those quick goals (5 min in) and started playing back to the goalie and just standing there to kill time the whole game. Pathetic. His team was worth a couple millions too so that makes it worse, since mine is around 100-150k... Loser
  • d3b4s1s
    641 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I’m at awe at how many say that nothing has changed. You have to be special kind of challenged not to see them.

Learning the meta is thrown around like a punchline. It’s simple..it’s either like football or it’s not. What works in this game to win, is an entirely different thing. At launch, it was at least close to what it it could/should be. Now it’s just a sh**show. The amount of non-sense happening on and off ball is just crazy!
  • FCBlunt
    3123 posts National Call-Up

The truth shall be heard^

People learned the game, just like they did in 19-18-17.

Dropback were always going to be meta with how pace works. Jockeying being buffed were never a win for manual defending, it’s quiet the opposite tbh. AI have been intercepting since the demo build.

There’s nothing out of the oridinary happening.
    Try to enjoy the game instead of being so negative.
  • Nobber93
    2062 posts Fans' Favourite
    TheTataGuy wrote: »
    I love it when people just try one-two passes and through ball it, so easy to defend

You mean the AI defends it
  • OfficerJimlahey
    mindm4ster wrote: »

I’m surprised you can’t feel a difference. It’s too simplistic to say people learned the meta. How would that effect how my players feel? It’s the same trick they pull every year and they rely on people defending it with ‘everyone got used to it’.

• OfficerJimlahey
    d3b4s1s wrote: »
    I’m at awe at how many say that nothing has changed. You have to be special kind of challenged not to see them.

Learning the meta is thrown around like a punchline. It’s simple..it’s either like football or it’s not. What works in this game to win, is an entirely different thing. At launch, it was at least close to what it it could/should be. Now it’s just a sh**show. The amount of non-sense happening on and off ball is just crazy!

My thoughts exactly. The bs really got ramped up post patch.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    4717 posts National Call-Up

I’m surprised you can’t feel a difference. It’s too simplistic to say people learned the meta. How would that effect how my players feel? It’s the same trick they pull every year and they rely on people defending it with ‘everyone got used to it’.

Well to quote the illustrious Ben Shapiro: "facts don't care about your feelings".
    My observations are the opposite and we have seen no evidence so far that suggests undocumented changes- let alone drastic ones.
  • OfficerJimlahey

Well to quote the illustrious Ben Shapiro: "facts don't care about your feelings".
    My observations are the opposite and we have seen no evidence so far that suggests undocumented changes- let alone drastic ones.

This is one of the few time I’m in disagreement with you. It’s gone from the most enjoyable football game of recent times to absolute bs for me.

To quote Abraham Lincoln - ‘you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time, but you can’t fool all of the people all of the time’ 😉. Just thought I’d throw that in as we’re doing quotes 😅
  • SomeNextGuy
    4785 posts Big Money Move
    I'm relatively content with the game, but you're right, it could have been a lot better.
  • mindm4ster
    5260 posts Big Money Move

I asked for video and you're assuming I don't feel the difference
    Again please give me link to video comparison because I can't find any
  • OfficerJimlahey

I asked for video and you're assuming I don't feel the difference
    Again please give me link to video comparison because I can't find any

As if I’m going to search through YouTube videos to prove a point lol. Behave mate. If you want to see them look for yourself.

So do you feel a difference or not?

• protzbischof
    3389 posts National Call-Up
    This game is garbage. I hit the post at least once per game. The better player doesnt get rewarded in this game. You miss clear chances while the most ridic shots go in. Its exactly like they want it to be. They want the worse player too win a fair amount vs better players so they stick to it. Fine with me unless... YOU FORCE THIS GAME INTO THE COMPETITIVE SCENE. HOW. ITS SO PATHETIC.
  • BondJame5Collins
    2716 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 2019
    Agree.

WL feels like such a slog. Get no enjoyment beyond playing 3 games. Gameplay feels repetitive, goals feel receptive both for, and against.

Whilst 19 had its flaws, i was never bored of playing it, i'm already bored of Fifa 20 and it's only a few weeks in.
  • sturges12345
    4507 posts National Call-Up
    It’s exactly the same. It’s just that people have learned the new bs mechanics and tactics
  • mway
    2186 posts Fans' Favourite
    This game is garbage. I hit the post at least once per game. The better player doesnt get rewarded in this game. You miss clear chances while the most ridic shots go in. Its exactly like they want it to be. They want the worse player too win a fair amount vs better players so they stick to it. Fine with me unless... YOU FORCE THIS GAME INTO THE COMPETITIVE SCENE. HOW. ITS SO PATHETIC.

Lol you should have just seen my game. Neymar, Depay and Ben Yedder missing everything. Finesse, one on one, post, rebound, the keeper. But I won, you know why ? A long shot after a corner rebound. Who ? Lenglet. :D Then you have to read people saying this game is not broken.