The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Fifa 20 can be enjoyed, this Forum needs to grow up

Stevo_CT
3204 posts National Call-Up
First off, I don't buy FP, nor do I trade, I'm just playing both SB & Rivals, my pack luck is poor, my club holds no coveted players.

I have no desire to build the greatest team of all time, and challenge 'til death to become king of Division 1, although it would be awesome to pack something meaningful like Ian Wright, LacaMeyang, VVD et al, but I am acutely aware chances of this happening are slim to none.

Whatever I do this year, will essentially be "reset" the next, when the latest and greatest version of Fifa hits the stores.

Reading some of the comments and posts on this forum is not always pretty, from insane expectations to condemnation of all things EA. whilst some is warranted, certainly most is not.

So what is the point of this post you may be asking?

Before going ape and typing in bold caps, condemning every SBC, icon choice, XP challenges, pack weight, TOTW choice, player rating and a plethora of other things, ask yourself is your comment adding constructive criticism, and is adding any value to forumers and EA.

Some of us use the forum to learn more about the game and it's players and how to improve our teams and gameplay.

tldr: I'm enjoying 20, forum is lacking quality information

Comments

• Recoba
    4384 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2019
    You enjoy the delay? It's unplayable.
  • 9dal39
    224 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    dunno where your delay comes from perfectly playable for me, my only problem comes to the fact we don't get to see progress bars or points in battles, champs and rivals like we should.
  • Recoba
    4384 posts National Call-Up
    9dal39 wrote: »
    dunno where your delay comes from perfectly playable for me, my only problem comes to the fact we don't get to see progress bars or points in battles, champs and rivals like we should.

Where you from?
  • Ash2442
    332 posts Sunday League Hero
    Another ‘I’m going to tell you what you should be doing’ post tbh

Glad you’re enjoying it but respect the fact that others have their own opinions and are entitled to do as they wish (including moaning however pointless it may be), within set guidelines of course.

These are the foundations of a forum

• Gromit
    4090 posts National Call-Up
    I quite like the game, but is it truly enjoyable? I'm not really sure tbh.

Its 100% nowhere near as enjoyable as my first few FUT 12, 13 and 14. I carried on til 17 then it got awful so skipped 18 and 19. Decided to give 20 a try.

I think when you have to "try" to enjoy it the writing is probably on the wall. A lot of people seem more bothered about SBC and the thrill of pack opening than playing which is a fail surely.

Even if gameplay is perfect, you're still at the mercy of the servers, then you have to play an EPL team pretty much every game, the game is mostly a chore and feels like it requires a lot of time and attention to keep up with.

Its a deeply flawed game in which DLC sales have driven the game away from what it was, a very very good football game that was super relevant, catered for every league and pretty much most of its database. Now 90% of the database is SBC fodder, basically unplayable as they can't keep pace with the meta players.
  • MPL4
    1722 posts Fans' Favourite
    And pack weight is trash haha
  • Navraat
    3668 posts National Call-Up
    FIFA 20 is only good if you let EA switch players for you and never do skill moves

For anyone that manually selects player and uses skill moves, this is garbage. Half the time it doesn't register inputs and player switching takes 4-5 tries before it changes player both via RS and LB
  • Seimon
    27 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I agree with the OP.

The product as a whole is very good and very enjoyable. Not perfect, obviously, but it never will be. And anyway, one person's perfect is another person's broken.

I do get annoyed by things, such as the only SBC in a day being for a kit - pointless and annoying in some way I can't really explain. Also I've loaded up on Serie A silvers ahead of the League SBC which it seems might not happen now.

But those are such first world problems and all the moaning and sense of entitlement just gets boring.

If you compare the overall package to a few years ago, it is clear that the product is far more feature packed and enjoyable (in my opinion) than it was.

I bet 90% of the people who say or have said they are not buying FIFA this year have bought it or will do so. Because it's good. Even in a bad year, the overall product is still good. Otherwise why would anyone care enough to moan as much as they do?

I also don't buy FP and don't really trade. Have been lucky that I have packed KDB and in-form Neuer amongst others, but even if I hadn't, I am of the opinion that if the pack weights were much better then the whole thing would get boring very quickly.

• Jonx88
    883 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 2019
    Reading some of the comments and posts on this forum is not always pretty, from insane expectations to condemnation of all things EA. whilst some is warranted, certainly most is not.

Why not elaborate on this and have a proper discussion about what you deem 'unwarranted'?, rather than this vague sweeping statement with no actual substance
  • CharlieC
    7360 posts Big Money Move
    I love it sometimes and other times I hate it. It depends on two things, how my AI are playing and if I have button delay!