Which would you rather want to see, your favourite team or your national team winning a title?

Pietu
2561 posts Fans' Favourite
A very simple question, if you could choose your favourite team or your national team winning a title which would you choose and why?

For me it's quite easy, as much as I want to see Liverpool win titles I would rather see Finland winning something, it's the number 1 always!

Comments

• Pxul_
    8038 posts League Winner
    Liverpool > England

Always will be no doubt about it.
  • Gervonta
    4058 posts National Call-Up
    England , the last World Cup brought everyone together and we didn’t win it so I can only imagine the scenes if we did manage to win a major trophy.
  • Pietu
    Gervonta wrote: »
    England , the last World Cup brought everyone together and we didn’t win it so I can only imagine the scenes if we did manage to win a major trophy.

I can imagine the partying. The same thing happened when we won the Ice Hockey World Cup this year, everyone came together and there was a massive party in Helsinki town square, it was justiin packed around 50K people and there wasn't any room for more people, was crazy.
  • arsenalap
    5659 posts Big Money Move
    England no question about it.

The fact that everyone talks about 66 still, it would be a once in a lifetime thing.
  • Kellnerr
    2716 posts Fans' Favourite
    Surely the internationals are much more prestigious, I'm going with the national team.
  • Apollo
    15627 posts World Class
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Liverpool > England

Don't let people see this, @Pxul_ , if it ever comes home you might not get invited to the party ;)
  • Pietu
    Apollo wrote: »
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Liverpool > England

Don't let people see this, @Pxul_ , if it ever comes home you might not get invited to the party ;)

@Pxul_ Will be a grandpa when it's going to happen ;)
  • Tornado31619
    17323 posts World Class
    Just want to see Portugal win the WC.
  • Pietu
    arsenalap wrote: »
    England no question about it.

The fact that everyone talks about 66 still, it would be a once in a lifetime thing.

Some lucky ones could get to see England win 2 World Cups, I just wish Finland would get to the World Cup when I'm alive!
  • Pietu
    Just want to see Portugal win the WC.

That's the dream, nothing better than Finland lifting the trophy!
  • WryLucky
    1831 posts Play-Off Hero
    England winning the WC > Chelsea winning anything.

• G000ner
    4324 posts National Call-Up
    The world cup and Arsenal winning the champions league would be on the same level for me. I couldn't really favour one over the other.
  • Pietu
    G000ner wrote: »
    The world cup and Arsenal winning the champions league would be on the same level for me. I couldn't really favour one over the other.

What about some smaller trophies?
  • G000ner
    4324 posts National Call-Up
    Pietu wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »

What about some smaller trophies?

Winning the Premier League would be on the same level as the euros, but lower than the world cup. Any other trophies don't compare to England winning the Euros/World cup
  • Keano
    13666 posts Has That Special Something
    For Uniteds fall at the moment seeing them win the league would make me appreciate it a lot more than I used to as a kid....

positive for England winning would be the whole country bands together.
  • arsenalap
    Yh I'd rather Arsenal win the CL/PL than Euros possibly.

World cup trumps all for me.
  • Tornado31619
    17323 posts World Class
    World Cup > CL > PL > Euros (mainly since we’ve just won it) > everything else.
  • dannyboy
    12831 posts Has That Special Something
    World Cup, since we've never even qualified for it.
  • Ahmer50x
    19024 posts World Class
    edited October 10
    I'd rather see the US win the World Cup than United win anything.

I don’t care about the gold cup or any other tinpot trophy like that though. Sooner United win a league cup.
  • SDoofus
    5616 posts Big Money Move
    These replies have been really interesting for me to read. I don't know why, but I would always prefer Liverpool to win the PL/CL over England winning anything. I mean, I am not one of those "we are Scouse, not English" Liverpool fans (I was born in Scotland and raised in Milton Keynes lol), so I harbour no ill feeling towards England, and I do support them during National competitions (no interest in Scotland, despite being born there), but the passion just doesn't come close to the feeling I get when supporting Liverpool. Getting knocked out of the WC a year back felt annoying, but it didn't hurt me as much as, say, Liverpool losing the CL final against Real Madrid did the same year.

It's really strange to me to see so many preferring to see their national team to win. Not that I think it's wrong, if anything, it's making me wonder why I don't feel the same way.
  • arsenalap
    SDoofus wrote: »
    These replies have been really interesting for me to read. I don't know why, but I would always prefer Liverpool to win the PL/CL over England winning anything. I mean, I am not one of those "we are Scouse, not English" Liverpool fans (I was born in Scotland and raised in Milton Keynes lol), so I harbour no ill feeling towards England, and I do support them during National competitions (no interest in Scotland, despite being born there), but the passion just doesn't come close to the feeling I get when supporting Liverpool. Getting knocked out of the WC a year back felt annoying, but it didn't hurt me as much as, say, Liverpool losing the CL final against Real Madrid did the same year.

It's really strange to me to see so many preferring to see their national team to win. Not that I think it's wrong, if anything, it's making me wonder why I don't feel the same way.

It's a different kind of passion.

My passion for my club is individualist and comes from within.

My passion for England is more just the united feeling of everyone together supporting them. The world cup this year for me was incredible, and the best footballing experience I've had in a long time because of how everyone was in it together.
  • El_Nino
    3523 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 10

My passion for England is more just the united feeling of everyone together supporting them. The world cup this year for me was incredible, and the best footballing experience I've had in a long time because of how everyone was in it together.

Ironically the exact reason you prefer England is why I prefer Chelsea.

The difference for me, I support England by default, I chose Chelsea, Chelsea are the reason I love football.

For me Chelsea’s success anyday.
  • Pietu

The reason I will always prefer Finland is because this is my home and always will be, no matter where I live Finland will always be my home, this is where I was born and this is where I want to die. Nothing can ever beat Finland, the best and most beautiful country.
  • arsenalap
    El_Nino wrote: »

The difference for me, I support England by default, I chose Chelsea, Chelsea are the reason I love football.

I dont prefer England. I prefer Arsenal, they are the team I support non stop.

But, the feeling from winning a world cup would be incredible imo.

I think last summer was such a good taste of it, not sure what it was like where you were, but for me around London any England game day was special.
  • Farlz
    8487 posts League Winner
    Villa over England easily. Don't even have to think about it.

England could win the World Cup and it still wouldn't come anywhere close to the feeling I got from the playoff final.
  • Neckabob
    13046 posts Has That Special Something
    Deffo Turkey
  • Wyojasond
    11940 posts Has That Special Something

Couldn’t have said this any better. I got into the sport because of WC 14, but Liverpool is why I love it so much now.

Obviously seeing the USA do anything respectable in the WC would be amazing to see but it will never trump the emotions of seeing Liverpool raise a trophy.

Maybe it’s the American in me as I view most international competitions for amateurs. Like I’d probably get more into the Euros if it was young players as opposed to the pros I see all the time anyways. Outside of the WC I find the international breaks and competitions so damn boring. Maybe that’s just because the US is such crap though 😂
  • Keano

Couldn’t have said this any better. I got into the sport because of WC 14, but Liverpool is why I love it so much now.

Obviously seeing the USA do anything respectable in the WC would be amazing to see but it will never trump the emotions of seeing Liverpool raise a trophy.

Maybe it’s the American in me as I view most international competitions for amateurs. Like I’d probably get more into the Euros if it was young players as opposed to the pros I see all the time anyways. Outside of the WC I find the international breaks and competitions so damn boring. Maybe that’s just because the US is such crap though 😂

Same in England mate.
  • Ahmer50x
    19024 posts World Class
    Keano wrote: »

Same in England mate.

Eh, you guys atleast enjoy the euros.

Our CONCACAF competitions are worse than friendlies half the time.
  • Keano
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »

Same in England mate.

Eh, you guys atleast enjoy the euros.

Our CONCACAF competitions are worse than friendlies half the time.

Dunno mate, Euros & World cups are either;

Do awful & go out quickly to a national disgrace.

Do okay, start building momentum...

giphy.gif

...then crash out with all those hopes & dreams with either an awful display or fluke to be fuming for another 4 years.