The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Dear EA,

To start this off, I have been playing Pro Clubs since it's initial release.
As an avid fan of the beautiful game, I find the pacing of this iteration to be much better. Previous versions of this mode were to arcade like, in the sense that it was on hyper speed. Football is a slower game compared to other sports as teams try to break down defenders my constantly moving the ball. What you have done here is a good start, but there are problems.

For starters, yes height does effect a humans ability to run fast (not all the time though), and weight sure, I'll give it to you that it affects a humans strength, but most modern footballers are Goliath and slow or vice-versa.

There are many shorter players (Messi) that are much quicker than the avg player. Then you have Ronaldo who's taller but also quicker. Pace should NOT be affected by a persons height or weight. This also includes stamina. Most modern midfielders CAN play a full 90 mins, but in the current iteration of Pro Clubs, height & weight affect these far to much. Checking the leader boards, you will see 5'3" 99lbs strikers. That isn't realistic at all, nor would any Striker with these measurements be able to be ANY defender that isn't sleeping. A 5'3 Striker will never out head a 6'+ mid or defender, ever.

This brings us to the next topic. Passing. I have personally found it to be far worse than FIFA 19 Pro Clubs and as we all know that was not the best representation of football. There is no reason why a player, playing as a CAM with 92 short passing, cannot make consistent passes. I've seen it with my club, and I've seen it with opponents. Through balls...where art thou? Passing is one of the things I absolutely dislike about this version of the mode.

Tackling: You said that tackling would be fixed in the sense that when tackling an opponent with the ball, it wouldn't bounce back to them. I'm still seeing it, and it's been exacerbated do to the fact there is input lag as many have complained about.

Ball control: With a high rating and the ball coming towards the player, if said player loses the ball they freeze for a split second not able to react. Now it would be fine losing the ball but that micro-stutter/freeze can be the difference between stopping the counter or not. I've seen this happen on both sides of the fence and it's unacceptable. If this happens inside the box, it becomes NHL 20, where everyone just crashes the net, and majority of the time the attacking team ends up with and open net.

Stamina. What to say about this...it's abysmal. Besides starting with a low rating, even increasing it, your Pro pretty much runs out by the 75-80th min (unless you have 2nd Wind, 4pts btw). You seriously need to retune it. It would be 100% acceptable if we had substitutions, it would at little more strategy/complexity to the game that I believe people would appreciate. This is the main issue. The 2nd issue, that I've discovered, which has been happening to me at least, is that on free kicks, my CAM/CDM stamina just drains randomly. This occurs while my Pro is in the wall or hugging the post. I've had games where I've not sprinted at all, and by the 55-65 min, my Pro is out of fuel due to this (I've submitted a bug report + video of it occurring fyi).

AI: I play in a league, and as we are grinding to reach point cap, sometimes we don't have a full 11. Fine we'll deal with AI, BUT it's extremely frustrating. The AI while defending does not press consistently nor are they in position most of the time (unless you force it via "defend"). I believe that the AI should match the avg overall of the players for the club they are playing on.

GK: I have yet to meet a human GK in this iteration that likes the game. They ALL have the same complaints.

I want to like this game, I really do, but I truly believe this is the WORST rendition of it. I understand that every game has a budget, and when there are multiple modes in said game, priority will ALWAYS go to the mode that generates the most revenue, BUT, I'm sorry to say FUT should not be priority. You have something special here, and so much potential to increase revenue even higher than FUT, if you actually cared about the community. This is the ONLY game mode where the beautiful game is played the way it's meant to, 11 per side. If you just put some effort into it, created an actual internal league system and not this randomized matchmaking system. I remember NHL 2k9 (or was it 10) gave players the ability to create their own leagues, and their own set of rules etc. The league was available in game or via the web and managers could do transaction on either, it has news, standing, stats and it would continue forever (the commissioner would set season length, then playoffs, and it would repeat once it was over, until the end of time). Why include ANOTHER game mode when you could have seriously revamped Career Mode and Pro Clubs, and fixed issues that have existed for years.

I also believe the customization is a gimmick and only a UI was added to it. Sure you added some more things but, without more hair styles, beards (ACTUAL beards), tattoos, more boots (why is there only 5 pairs of Nike and 13 pairs of addidas? Nike actually makes more boot styles than they do...).

This game mode could be so much more if you actually put effort into it. I don't post here and Pro Clubs the past couple of years only got on my nerves near it's EOL, but it's been less than a month and I already want to uninstall it.

Please fix this game, as I and many other die hard Pro Clubs players are at the tipping point, and THERE ARE many of us, that if things don't seriously change and your competitor releases something similar, WE WILL jump ship.

I would add more and this doesn't make any sense as I've never be more frustrated at any game I've ever played and that includes some terrible titles (No Man's Sky...), but I need to say it.

@EA_Andy I'd appreciate some feedback or even to be made aware that EA knows there are issues and are working to resolve them.

If anyone wants to chime in go nuts, I probably won't be responding. Thanks.

Comments

  • Custard Musket
    67 posts Park Captain
    edited October 2019
    I loved pro clubs.

    Played it for years.

    This years is difficult to put in to words but I'll try... It's like having your eyeball removed with a blunt spoon in terms of fun. That is to say there's none to be had. If you like aggravating frustration for hour upon hour this is most definitely for you.

    Its like trying to play football with a character thats made of gum a lot of the time... Much of what they do is painfully slow encouraging you to shrink your VP and make him weigh next to nothing in an effort to move anything like freely. I hear 2 foot tall and 7 ounces is just about perfect for a striker but don't have great eye sight and wouldn't be able to see me on screen.

    I said most of the time your VP is slow because there are certain things they obviously want you to be able to do with ease but the raking ball, defense splitting, free flowing, high tempo... fun kind of stuff isn't it.

    Who made the character creation menu? Seriously, its like something someone made at home. Couldn't quite believe it. Actually thought my game was broken the first few times I used it. It's appallingly bad.

    And what is it with the pathological no no where a simple through ball is concerned this year? Some yes but nearly all are cut out as though it were a cheat of some kind unless of course its lobbed... HELLO BOYS I'm back!!! Amount of games I've played already against teams who either have no other tactic or can't be bothered to faff around the area is unreal.

    The speed thing I got. Slowing it down was a pretty good shout but in most cases that seems to mean there being little room to do anything bar make short passes as you crab your way around the area attempting to avoid defenders.

    I see the American football/rugby collision system is in full affect again making you continuously bounce off defenders and more often than not ending up on the floor.

    I could go on but I'm bored...

    Long since suspected you're hell bent on seeing the demise of pro clubs by way of making it that little bit less fun to play each year and if there's any truth to that way of thinking you've outdone yourselves guys.
    Post edited by Custard Musket on
  • Daveangel
    81 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    youve pretty much said it all but agree on all fronts of your conversation
    withought a shadow of a doubt it could be the best game mode on fifa with a bit more tlc
  • RobRokk
    67 posts Park Captain
    When the opponent have a free kick somewhere close to the center and my is positioned inside my goalkeepers area I cant see my pro, the screen is focused on the free kick player and sometimes I cant change the view to my pro using the small button my control, sometimes I can though... Seems random? I remember some years ago this was never a problem, so why did even become one in the first place? It was the problem in Fifa 19!
  • I totally agree but EA will never make improvements to Ai's and general game play. There is no consistency at all. I play CAM and it's like playing a character who's got a force field around him, the ball will go either side of me, especially when our keeper kicks the ball out and trying to get a 2nd ball. Our Ai's will are mostly dormant, compared to 90% of teams we play. I've tried so many tactics and formations but it's completely useless. Only when EA decide our team can play do we have a normal game but that's far and few between. This is the last time I buy Fifa, each year since 17 I've hoped for more but no improvements have been made to pro clubs game play. EA don't care about blatant cheats as they have no interest in a mode they don't get any money for.
    We never get a response from them but they are more then happy to take our money. They need to watch the way our Ai's play and give me a reason why they are all dead and why our players change from game to game. Can you not hear us EA?There are long term devoted customers that are angry fedup and disappointment by pro clubs game play.

    The last fifa I will buy, truly.
  • Spillshot wrote: »
    To start this off, I have been playing Pro Clubs since it's initial release.
    As an avid fan of the beautiful game, I find the pacing of this iteration to be much better. Previous versions of this mode were to arcade like, in the sense that it was on hyper speed. Football is a slower game compared to other sports as teams try to break down defenders my constantly moving the ball. What you have done here is a good start, but there are problems.

    For starters, yes height does effect a humans ability to run fast (not all the time though), and weight sure, I'll give it to you that it affects a humans strength, but most modern footballers are Goliath and slow or vice-versa.

    There are many shorter players (Messi) that are much quicker than the avg player. Then you have Ronaldo who's taller but also quicker. Pace should NOT be affected by a persons height or weight. This also includes stamina. Most modern midfielders CAN play a full 90 mins, but in the current iteration of Pro Clubs, height & weight affect these far to much. Checking the leader boards, you will see 5'3" 99lbs strikers. That isn't realistic at all, nor would any Striker with these measurements be able to be ANY defender that isn't sleeping. A 5'3 Striker will never out head a 6'+ mid or defender, ever.

    This brings us to the next topic. Passing. I have personally found it to be far worse than FIFA 19 Pro Clubs and as we all know that was not the best representation of football. There is no reason why a player, playing as a CAM with 92 short passing, cannot make consistent passes. I've seen it with my club, and I've seen it with opponents. Through balls...where art thou? Passing is one of the things I absolutely dislike about this version of the mode.

    Tackling: You said that tackling would be fixed in the sense that when tackling an opponent with the ball, it wouldn't bounce back to them. I'm still seeing it, and it's been exacerbated do to the fact there is input lag as many have complained about.

    Ball control: With a high rating and the ball coming towards the player, if said player loses the ball they freeze for a split second not able to react. Now it would be fine losing the ball but that micro-stutter/freeze can be the difference between stopping the counter or not. I've seen this happen on both sides of the fence and it's unacceptable. If this happens inside the box, it becomes NHL 20, where everyone just crashes the net, and majority of the time the attacking team ends up with and open net.

    Stamina. What to say about this...it's abysmal. Besides starting with a low rating, even increasing it, your Pro pretty much runs out by the 75-80th min (unless you have 2nd Wind, 4pts btw). You seriously need to retune it. It would be 100% acceptable if we had substitutions, it would at little more strategy/complexity to the game that I believe people would appreciate. This is the main issue. The 2nd issue, that I've discovered, which has been happening to me at least, is that on free kicks, my CAM/CDM stamina just drains randomly. This occurs while my Pro is in the wall or hugging the post. I've had games where I've not sprinted at all, and by the 55-65 min, my Pro is out of fuel due to this (I've submitted a bug report + video of it occurring fyi).

    AI: I play in a league, and as we are grinding to reach point cap, sometimes we don't have a full 11. Fine we'll deal with AI, BUT it's extremely frustrating. The AI while defending does not press consistently nor are they in position most of the time (unless you force it via "defend"). I believe that the AI should match the avg overall of the players for the club they are playing on.

    GK: I have yet to meet a human GK in this iteration that likes the game. They ALL have the same complaints.

    I want to like this game, I really do, but I truly believe this is the WORST rendition of it. I understand that every game has a budget, and when there are multiple modes in said game, priority will ALWAYS go to the mode that generates the most revenue, BUT, I'm sorry to say FUT should not be priority. You have something special here, and so much potential to increase revenue even higher than FUT, if you actually cared about the community. This is the ONLY game mode where the beautiful game is played the way it's meant to, 11 per side. If you just put some effort into it, created an actual internal league system and not this randomized matchmaking system. I remember NHL 2k9 (or was it 10) gave players the ability to create their own leagues, and their own set of rules etc. The league was available in game or via the web and managers could do transaction on either, it has news, standing, stats and it would continue forever (the commissioner would set season length, then playoffs, and it would repeat once it was over, until the end of time). Why include ANOTHER game mode when you could have seriously revamped Career Mode and Pro Clubs, and fixed issues that have existed for years.

    I also believe the customization is a gimmick and only a UI was added to it. Sure you added some more things but, without more hair styles, beards (ACTUAL beards), tattoos, more boots (why is there only 5 pairs of Nike and 13 pairs of addidas? Nike actually makes more boot styles than they do...).

    This game mode could be so much more if you actually put effort into it. I don't post here and Pro Clubs the past couple of years only got on my nerves near it's EOL, but it's been less than a month and I already want to uninstall it.

    Please fix this game, as I and many other die hard Pro Clubs players are at the tipping point, and THERE ARE many of us, that if things don't seriously change and your competitor releases something similar, WE WILL jump ship.

    I would add more and this doesn't make any sense as I've never be more frustrated at any game I've ever played and that includes some terrible titles (No Man's Sky...), but I need to say it.

    @EA_Andy I'd appreciate some feedback or even to be made aware that EA knows there are issues and are working to resolve them.

    If anyone wants to chime in go nuts, I probably won't be responding. Thanks.

    Well said. 100%

    Pro clubs will never have the money grab concept that FUT will, we get it.

    You have community here begging you to just give us a quality game. Honest.

    5’3 ST running around is a joke.

    Again we know our place.

    FUT is your favorite child and that’s ok.

    Christmas is coming we know they are going to get all the cool gifts under the tree but can we at least get some stocking stuffers.



  • Elias_Samson
    50 posts Park Captain
    For starters, yes height does effect a humans ability to run fast (not all the time though), and weight sure, I'll give it to you that it affects a humans strength, but most modern footballers are Goliath and slow or vice-versa.

    - i use 5'3 99lbs in every pos except gk as it feels best on the ball. and how else do you want them to do it? make it so height and weight doesnt matter and all 11 players are 6'7 with the exact same stats? the whole point of choosing a vp is to take the advantages/disadvantages of being big/small and choosing the position

    There are many shorter players (Messi) that are much quicker than the avg player. Then you have Ronaldo who's taller but also quicker. Pace should NOT be affected by a persons height or weight. This also includes stamina. Most modern midfielders CAN play a full 90 mins, but in the current iteration of Pro Clubs, height & weight affect these far to much. Checking the leader boards, you will see 5'3" 99lbs strikers. That isn't realistic at all, nor would any Striker with these measurements be able to be ANY defender that isn't sleeping. A 5'3 Striker will never out head a 6'+ mid or defender, ever.

    - the players on the leaderboards do not play proper pro clubs, they play 2v2, which is a dead and pointless game mode to begin with, i have only seen about 5 5'3 players in competitve pro clubs league.
    - whoever wins a header doesnt depend on the height or size of a player. in real life and on fifa.

    This brings us to the next topic. Passing. I have personally found it to be far worse than FIFA 19 Pro Clubs and as we all know that was not the best representation of football. There is no reason why a player, playing as a CAM with 92 short passing, cannot make consistent passes. I've seen it with my club, and I've seen it with opponents. Through balls...where art thou? Passing is one of the things I absolutely dislike about this version of the mode.

    - passing occasionally does a very weak pass that should work, but in general i dont think its worse, its just harder. and interceptions are better.

    Tackling: You said that tackling would be fixed in the sense that when tackling an opponent with the ball, it wouldn't bounce back to them. I'm still seeing it, and it's been exacerbated do to the fact there is input lag as many have complained about.

    - tackling has way less rebounds than any other fifa, and thats kind of proven by the pro clubs team that used to win every competition on previous fifas through mostly rebounds and on fifa 20 they are now 10th.

    Stamina. What to say about this...it's abysmal. Besides starting with a low rating, even increasing it, your Pro pretty much runs out by the 75-80th min (unless you have 2nd Wind, 4pts btw). You seriously need to retune it. It would be 100% acceptable if we had substitutions, it would at little more strategy/complexity to the game that I believe people would appreciate. This is the main issue. The 2nd issue, that I've discovered, which has been happening to me at least, is that on free kicks, my CAM/CDM stamina just drains randomly. This occurs while my Pro is in the wall or hugging the post. I've had games where I've not sprinted at all, and by the 55-65 min, my Pro is out of fuel due to this (I've submitted a bug report + video of it occurring fyi).

    - then dont use cdm... it has the worst stamina on the game. fairly obvious that one. i dont have a problem with stamina.

    AI: I play in a league, and as we are grinding to reach point cap, sometimes we don't have a full 11. Fine we'll deal with AI, BUT it's extremely frustrating. The AI while defending does not press consistently nor are they in position most of the time (unless you force it via "defend"). I believe that the AI should match the avg overall of the players for the club they are playing on.

    - dont play with ai, thats what my club does. when you go into a game with ai you should know what a mess of a game it is going to create.

    GK: I have yet to meet a human GK in this iteration that likes the game. They ALL have the same complaints.

    - they fixed the gk drop. weird animations could be improved, but gks fine other than that. would like them to have a bit more pace dribbling and passing as those stats are ridiculously low

    I want to like this game, I really do, but I truly believe this is the WORST rendition of it. I understand that every game has a budget, and when there are multiple modes in said game, priority will ALWAYS go to the mode that generates the most revenue, BUT, I'm sorry to say FUT should not be priority. You have something special here, and so much potential to increase revenue even higher than FUT, if you actually cared about the community. This is the ONLY game mode where the beautiful game is played the way it's meant to, 11 per side. If you just put some effort into it, created an actual internal league system and not this randomized matchmaking system. I remember NHL 2k9 (or was it 10) gave players the ability to create their own leagues, and their own set of rules etc. The league was available in game or via the web and managers could do transaction on either, it has news, standing, stats and it would continue forever (the commissioner would set season length, then playoffs, and it would repeat once it was over, until the end of time). Why include ANOTHER game mode when you could have seriously revamped Career Mode and Pro Clubs, and fixed issues that have existed for years.

    - don't blame ea, its a business and has to cater to where it makes its money, which is ut, due to the fifa 20 players mostly being made up with thickos and children that have no knowledge of football and they would rather play ut which is more of a store front for buying packs and a menu screen than a football game, instead of playing pro clubs and playing a more realistic football situation and realistic football game.

    I also believe the customization is a gimmick and only a UI was added to it. Sure you added some more things but, without more hair styles, beards (ACTUAL beards), tattoos, more boots (why is there only 5 pairs of Nike and 13 pairs of addidas? Nike actually makes more boot styles than they do...).

    - not a huge deal to me as i prefer the competitive aspect, but would be a nice bonus. but then i see whats being added to ut all the time and feel like pro clubs players arent getting their moneys worth compared to ut players. however this all comes down to if ea can get pro clubs to compete with ut for the casual/thicko players.
  • J79B
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited November 2019
    Nice said, totaly agree! butt regardles they don't care..After the update🥴still the same
  • Amen. This insanity has to stop. We're begging you. Put some damn effort into fixing Pro Clubs and all of us will fork over 60 bucks a year for decades. Keep disregarding Pro Clubs and one by one we're all just going to throw up our hands and walk away for good. Heck you need to make more money off it? I hate to say it but people would 100% pay for add ons and customization options. So go ahead, whatever, BUT DO SOMETHING. I'm done. I've been buying FIFA the first week it came out for a decade. I won't be doing it next year. I'll wait and read on here whether you've actually decided to give a crap about us.
  • Skinner249
    598 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I'd rather they fixed the gameplay first before they add customisation to pros
  • Skinner249 wrote: »
    I'd rather they fixed the gameplay first before they add customisation to pros

    Oh I agree. What I'm saying is if it's a matter of generating revenue, there are opportunities for add on buys in pro clubs. I don't want it. I'm old school, I like to buy my games all at once not get nickled and dimed. But if that's what it takes to get them to actually invest in fixing gameplay issues, and all the other issues, so be it.
  • Skinner249
    598 posts An Exciting Prospect
    GingGing wrote: »
    Skinner249 wrote: »
    I'd rather they fixed the gameplay first before they add customisation to pros

    Oh I agree. What I'm saying is if it's a matter of generating revenue, there are opportunities for add on buys in pro clubs. I don't want it. I'm old school, I like to buy my games all at once not get nickled and dimed. But if that's what it takes to get them to actually invest in fixing gameplay issues, and all the other issues, so be it.

    EA couldn't possibly be making much more in turn of profit %. The development is bottom of the barrel, their turnover is huge. If they cant be bothered with gameplay right now with all this £$€, they never will.
  • RobRokk
    67 posts Park Captain
    They could add a paying feature but for cosmetic stuff only not for improving skills.
  • Der Tooldoktor
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Skinner249 wrote: »
    GingGing wrote: »
    Skinner249 wrote: »
    I'd rather they fixed the gameplay first before they add customisation to pros

    Oh I agree. What I'm saying is if it's a matter of generating revenue, there are opportunities for add on buys in pro clubs. I don't want it. I'm old school, I like to buy my games all at once not get nickled and dimed. But if that's what it takes to get them to actually invest in fixing gameplay issues, and all the other issues, so be it.

    EA couldn't possibly be making much more in turn of profit %. The development is bottom of the barrel, their turnover is huge. If they cant be bothered with gameplay right now with all this £$€, they never will.

    They could make quite a decend profit with very little effort they have to put in, like some cosmetics, unlock fully customizable kit design tools.
    But imagine if they develop training grounds where you could create custom trainings with all the options they have in the current skill games. This would be such a great feature for competitive sites.

    There's 1 thing I hope they'll revert back and that is how you can customize your pro's appearance. Eventhough there are a lot more things to choose from (from which many are totally useless), you're so much more limited in how you want your pro to look.
  • Clubs in 20 in absymal...
Sign In or Register to comment.