FUT Icon Swaps (Set 1 - 👶 Pep and 👶 Rio FTW or maybe... 🇨🇮👑) - discussion thread

Tsarov
3656 posts National Call-Up
edited October 13
The party starts on Friday. Who guys do you want to pick up from the Set I? As a Real Madrid fanboy I will go with Hagi or Butragueno.

I really hope the objectives to earn tokens will not be crazy difficult such as score 20 headers in FUT Champions using Serie A players.

ou9aiq.png.adapt.1456w.png

Pitch notes: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/fifa/fifa-20/news/pitch-notes-fut20-icons
Post edited by Tsarov on

Comments

• Dodds
    7834 posts League Winner
    Seeing as I used Butra and loved him I kinda want to get him but also seeing that Drogba... or even Zanetti but I can imagine he'll be the hardest to work towards being a prime.
  • Edu
    6665 posts Big Money Move
    Rui Costa de Butra look great
  • ORANGEeffect05
    21019 posts Club Captain
    Rio would be a nice rock at the back to have and make chem easy enough to hybrid off
  • nathswfc
    1472 posts Play-Off Hero
    Drogs
  • Ozz
    1620 posts Play-Off Hero
    The complaints about broken headers are gonna increase tenfold once people start getting their hands on these Drogbas and realising even he can't score them :D
  • Finesse_4days
    7231 posts Big Money Move
    Butra or Kluivert because the objectives will be painful and Iam not wasting coins on Sbcs so they are the realistic ones. May get Pirlo or Rio but they will need more so probably not.
  • Kaspani
    369 posts Sunday League Hero
    Rio would be a nice rock at the back to have and make chem easy enough to hybrid off

This. I’ll get a defender if I do anything. Set and forget. Too many fun attackers to be committed this early to one mid-icon
  • Tsarov
    Butra or Kluivert because the objectives will be painful and Iam not wasting coins on Sbcs so they are the realistic ones. May get Pirlo or Rio but they will need more so probably not.

I am a little bit worried that Prime Hagi may require few more tokens. Butra looks amazing to be fair. He lacks 4* skill moves, but on the other hand he has 5* weak foot and ice-skating movement, which would be extremely helpful.
  • P
    7611 posts League Winner
    None are great. Having used the drogba I know I don't want him. Can see some expensive sbcs coming out for the tokens as well.
  • therealmerk33
    1689 posts Play-Off Hero
    Drogba unless tokens are ridiculous, in which case I’d like to get Ballack or maybe Carlos if they’re easier
  • BristolMDF
    720 posts An Exciting Prospect
    michael-iwen-quotes.jpg
  • Eddie Jones
    1975 posts Play-Off Hero
    I used Hagi for the first time ever in Draft, quite liked him so probably will go for him. If it’s too ridiculous I’ll go for Pirlo and if all together it’s going to be a pain I’ll say **** it.
  • TheDrifter
    799 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 8
    Packed Reus untradable so might go with Mattheus

Edit: Duh, Ballack obvs
  • Currieman
    4953 posts National Call-Up
    All depends how easy it is to achieve the tokens. If there are some ridiculous objectives I just won’t bother.

I’ve narrowed it down to Drogba, Ballack, Ferdinand and Zanetti. Will decide nearer the time.

Drogba does look like an absolute beast but heard he’s had some v bad reviews.
  • Ozz
    1620 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 8
    TheDrifter wrote: »
    Packed Reus untradable so might go with Mattheus..

Well you might be waiting a while because Matthaus is not part of this batch.
  • Ozz
    1620 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'll probably go Gerrard just because you'll never have to build the team around him. Selecting any striker means you're kind of locked in to whatever playstyle suits them, but with Gerrard you can just slot him in at any position from CF to CDM and he'll be fine.
  • Chubbs
    14407 posts Has That Special Something
    Has it been confirmed that some tokens will be locked behind SBCs or is that just people guessing? I assumed from the patch notes that they would be through objectives.
  • Tsarov
    Chubbs wrote: »
    Has it been confirmed that some tokens will be locked behind SBCs or is that just people guessing? I assumed from the patch notes that they would be through objectives.

I think it has been mentioned in the EA Pitch Notes, which I have linked in the opening post.
  • Tsarov
    Ozz wrote: »
    I'll probably go Gerrard just because you'll never have to build the team around him. Selecting any striker means you're kind of locked in to whatever playstyle suits them, but with Gerrard you can just slot him in at any position from CF to CDM and he'll be fine.

If I would not pick up one of the former Real Madrid players I would definitely Stevie. His 89 item looks amazing and can be a true game changer when you will obtain him in later November/early December.
  • Chubbs
    14407 posts Has That Special Something
    Tsarov wrote: »
    Chubbs wrote: »

I think it has been mentioned in the EA Pitch Notes, which I have linked in the opening post.

Read over it again and still cant see anywhere it says receive tokens from SBCs, could have just looked over it though.
  • Keano
    13427 posts Has That Special Something
    Keane, rio or giggs for me.
  • RealM
    5665 posts Big Money Move
    I hope you don't have to wait till December to get the last token.
  • Simmo
    3525 posts National Call-Up
    Zanetti

If heading doesn't get buffed he's an endgame RB for me.
  • TheSBCKing
    136 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    my prediction for objectives:
    Score 50 goals with headers from a player with physical under 70
    Score 70 from crosses assisted by a player with less than 70 pace
    Play all your squad battles matches in October
    Win 20 rivals games using at least 5 players from the polish league
    Play 400 friendlies games
    Use 250 squad fitness cards
    Score 25 goals from corners in rivals with a spanish player not in la liga
    Win 50 games by 2 goals or more in rivals where you have at least 2 french, 1 english, 1 italian, 1 german and 3 USA players
    Score 50 goals with a storyline player
    Score 75 chip shots with a bronze player
    Win 175 games with a silver team
  • Whoman
    5414 posts Big Money Move
    Could someone copy the text from the pitch notes (maybe in spoilers), for some reason my browser displays only the terribly translated german version ...
  • BristolMDF
    720 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Whoman wrote: »
    Could someone copy the text from the pitch notes (maybe in spoilers), for some reason my browser displays only the terribly translated german version ...

Pleeze submitter der ezpensiver SBC for das traschpacks !
  • Danic123
    2503 posts Fans' Favourite
    Anything like the Gold objectives & I’ll be lucky to get one of the lowest rated icons. Way too much grief
  • uhMaZiiNq
    11665 posts Has That Special Something

Him or Gerrard for me I think. Definitely not one of the attackers.

Hagi, keane and Zanetti are good as well. Hope these objectives aren’t too crazy
  • ORANGEeffect05
    21019 posts Club Captain
    uhMaZiiNq wrote: »

Hagi, keane and Zanetti are good as well. Hope these objectives aren’t too crazy

Yea Gerrard/Rio/Zanetti are my top options depending on how hard they are to earn.
  • uhMaZiiNq
    11665 posts Has That Special Something
    uhMaZiiNq wrote: »

Yea Gerrard/Rio/Zanetti are my top options depending on how hard they are to earn.

Those are the only ones I consider using for a long time myself. I hate spending a lot on defenders personally and Rio just looks like a better Varane. Good All around mids are tough to come by too though and Gerrard looks very good