The Way EA Have Handled This Issue Is Horrible - We should be Gifted a Free Copy of FIFA 20

HamadaLFC
43 posts Last Pick at the Park
edited October 2019
EA; I don't know who trained you guys in customer service, or if anyone trained you guys at all, but this is the perfect example of HOW NOT TO TREAT YOUR FANS/CUSTOMERS.

1. Communication with fans/customers is minimal.
2. No apologies at all. Not even one "sorry" All I've read was "I get the frustration from @EA_Andy
3. False advertising which makes this all SO much worse - building up our hopes for a decent career mode and then doing the exact opposite.
4. The community offers support (i.e Fifer, and co) - offer not taken (at least not that we know of)
5. No timeline at all even though the game-mode has been broken for over 11 days (14 days if you count early access).

Honestly, this game should be gifted for free to anybody who:
A ) Pre-ordered and then refunded FIFA 20
B ) Has not bought the game yet, and logged in more than 20 hours of Career Mode last FIFA 19 (hour amount may vary, I just threw a random number out there)

Comments

• URBirdman
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    1st step to do: go refund FIFA 20. Otherwise, EA just think career mode fans are fools --- complaining but keep buying the game. Why would EA care what fools think, when they can get money from fools no matter how bad the game is...?
  • HamadaLFC
    URBirdman wrote: »
    1st step to do: go refund FIFA 20. Otherwise, EA just think career mode fans are fools --- complaining but keep buying the game. Why would EA care what fools think, when they can get money from fools no matter how bad the game is...?

Got a refund already ;) still think more should be done.
  • Personnally, i can't ask for a refund with Sony. But this is really the last time i pre-order a FIFA. I don't even plan to buy the next one until the game is confirmed to run well.

First, we have a game that hardly can be called as a "football" game (maybe it's timle to think this game as sim, like they did for FIFA 07 end 08), but this thing is not even playable if you're interested with Career Mode.

FIFA 18 was already kind of a mess at its launch, this year, they managed to disrespect the whole offline community. I hate to see how negative is the influence of FUT for the other modes and it's seems to becoming even worse year after year.

This year will be the last for me.

• ash82
    53 posts Park Captain
    Stop pre-ordering. Stop buying it full stop.
  • KleoD
    84 posts Park Captain
    ash82 wrote: »

Can’t argue with that. We have been are own worst enemy, stop buying the game.
  • ash82
    53 posts Park Captain
    It's the only way. They have never cared about their customers. I would buy this every year believing the hype and then realising it all to be false. Not anymore. There's no point buying a game I know that full well I'll be bored of and stop playing in less than a month.
  • Crow
    226 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    KleoD wrote: »

Can’t argue with that. We have been are own worst enemy, stop buying the game.

Thing is I remember loads of posts on the forum for FIFA 19 saying when 20 comes out do not pre order it even if you intend to buy it do NOT pre order it then we could send a message to EA.

People still pre ordered it now we are saying do not do it for 21. I only got it a few days ago cause I got a discount and there are good people about like FIFER but people please do not pre order it, in fact do not pre order any EA game cause it always arrives broken.

I think the community knows there will be a few bugs (it is EA after all) but if it breaks the immersion then it is unforgivable. EA knew this bug was in there (team selection) either that or they are incompetent or both? The only way we can get EA to listen is not to pre order or buy the game at all but then getting the fut players not to pre order might be difficult.

I'm waiting for legislation. Belgium has passed laws banning EA's gambling mechanic but it will take one of EA's major markets to enforce legislation that will cut off the revenue for EA for under age gambling for EA to take notice. Quite recently the UK parliament met with EA and reject what they say and it has had hearings in the US but what we need is legislation that protects kids and in so doing then perhaps EA will look towards Career Mode a bit more. Fingers crossed.
  • HamadaLFC
    Crow wrote: »

I'm waiting for legislation. Belgium has passed laws banning EA's gambling mechanic but it will take one of EA's major markets to enforce legislation that will cut off the revenue for EA for under age gambling for EA to take notice. Quite recently the UK parliament met with EA and reject what they say and it has had hearings in the US but what we need is legislation that protects kids and in so doing then perhaps EA will look towards Career Mode a bit more. Fingers crossed.

Over here in the US ... with its capitalistic mentality, I don't think they'd ever ban it. But then again, in the US FIFA isn't AS popular as it is Britain.
  • Crow
    226 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    HamadaLFC wrote: »
    Crow wrote: »

Over here in the US ... with its capitalistic mentality, I don't think they'd ever ban it. But then again, in the US FIFA isn't AS popular as it is Britain.

From what I have seen the trouble in the US is that it is hard getting legislation through due to companies like EA, Bethesda and the like. They have a body over there called the ESRB? or something like that but the problem is that EA and Bethesda ETC run the show. But they are still trying, I hope they don't give up or perhaps the UK might pass something?