The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Investing 1.2 mil into 86, 87, 88

fifaplayerbol
4372 posts National Call-Up
Bit worried at the lack of Icon SBCs but surely EA will start doing something soon that will make the price of these cards rise. It was about now this time last year that 86's doubled in price

Comments

• Dutchbandito
    193 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Im in the same boat as you 1.1 here, they probably will ❤️❤️❤️❤️ us over i have a bad feeling about this market
  • '96dc2
    9026 posts League Winner
    @Ea
  • dynamosheva1
    401 posts An Exciting Prospect
    @fifaplayerbol in just bought 100k and feels pointless not knowing what’s happening with SBC
  • QuinnUK87
    2056 posts Fans' Favourite
    They have openly admitted that there aim this year is to make it as hard for investors to make coins as possible. Hence the reason they have taken out league SBCs... The only thing last year that made the 84+ cards go up in price was the icon SBC's, but were not getting them. So unless the do a couple of big rated ones for the icon swaps I can't see where the demand for them is gonna come from.

I hope they do something, as my club is full of IF's / 84+
  • Recoba10
    1477 posts Play-Off Hero
    Bit worried at the lack of Icon SBCs but surely EA will start doing something soon that will make the price of these cards rise. It was about now this time last year that 86's doubled in price

Good move mate
  • Dawud
    16131 posts World Class
    Everyone’s doing it so it won’t work
  • fifaplayerbol
    Hopefully we get a flashback SBC or something - I just can't see them keeping 87 rated's at 14k all year. No one will open packs once the price of the rashfords, etc goes down to 5-10k
  • They have do something surely to keep prices high. I'm probably going to invest in 86s.
  • Pooter
    4220 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2019

I guess once season 1 objectives is over, there are going to be objectives to do with icons
  • Ishibum
    13590 posts Has That Special Something
    I want to see the SBCs they do for the icon swap thing. One thing for sure is, they won't be 10k SBCs like the futswap ones last year
  • Invincibility
    4653 posts National Call-Up

Most of the 86 rated are price capped at under 20 lol
  • 3MenandaBebe
    3066 posts National Call-Up
    Don't do it. Be intelligent.

EA: Let's keep all prices low so when people buy packs, they sell cards for low coins then buy mpre FP for more packs.

If you have 1.2m. Buy 2 icons, they will go up in price for certain.
  • Don't do it. Be intelligent.

EA: Let's keep all prices low so when people buy packs, they sell cards for low coins then buy mpre FP for more packs.

Uhm no? Prices have to be high for people to be enticed to buy packs. Maybe you should "Be intelligent".
  • 3MenandaBebe
    John Knows wrote: »

Uhm no? Prices have to be high for people to be enticed to buy packs. Maybe you should "Be intelligent".

Um no. Fifa community is stupid and will buy packs, no matter what the prices are.

You're utterly stupid if you think low player prices will stop people buying packs. People will buy more packs to get the coins they need.
  • JoyW
    2595 posts Fans' Favourite

Why should the icons go up?
  • ELSALCFC
    493 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Surely they will do something, the biggest coin sink ever is sbcs.
  • fifaplayerbol

SBCs are coins sinks for people though, they take coins out of the market so there is a balance.
  • John Knows wrote: »

Um no. Fifa community is stupid and will buy packs, no matter what the prices are.

You're utterly stupid if you think low player prices will stop people buying packs. People will buy more packs to get the coins they need.

Love it when dumb people call other people stupid lol. It's basic economics, do you really think EA put SBC's in the game to let people have fun? No they did it to rise the prices for people to buy their packs, it's a simple method that works quite well. Apparently too simple enough for some people to understand.
  • 3MenandaBebe
    JoyW wrote: »

Supply vs demand?

Meta players + icons rise over time as people get more coins after 3-4 weekend leagues.

Especially Baby icons will rise when they go out of packs.
  • Nodge86
    1783 posts Play-Off Hero

Supply vs demand?

Meta players + icons rise over time as people get more coins after 3-4 weekend leagues.

I think they’ll drop because people will sell to try and get the prime version. They won’t really be useable other than the top end icons at that point in the game either.
  • 3MenandaBebe
    Nodge86 wrote: »

Supply vs demand?

I think they’ll drop because people will sell to try and get the prime version. They won’t really be useable other than the top end icons at that point in the game either.

You think highly desirable players will drop in price when they go out of packs.

Ok cool. Fine.

I'm done with idiots. Have your opinion.
  • lippyone
    2080 posts Fans' Favourite
    You could argue permanent low prices on boring cards will make people buy more packs.
    Harder for people to get the really desirable players if they cannot use the other cards to generate profit. Will make packing them the only way to get them (for most)
  • Nodge86
    1783 posts Play-Off Hero

Supply vs demand?

You think highly desirable players will drop in price when they go out of packs.

Ok cool. Fine.

Yeah, they’ll be so desirable with mids and primes out and moments round the corner. Plus TOTY. And future stars or whatever they decide to do this year. Hold on, il just got stock up on baby Makelele who wouldn’t even make my team now and I’ve got a starter team.

Utter moron.
  • QuinnUK87
    2056 posts Fans' Favourite
    lippyone wrote: »
    You could argue permanent low prices on boring cards will make people buy more packs.
    Harder for people to get the really desirable players if they cannot use the other cards to generate profit. Will make packing them the only way to get them (for most)

The people who are gonna spend money on the game, will spend it regardless.. If you dont give people the chance to make coins via investments etc then they just won't play the game, simple as that.
  • 3MenandaBebe

Supply vs demand?

Ok cool. Fine.

Yeah, they’ll be so desirable with mids and primes out and moments round the corner. Plus TOTY. And future stars or whatever they decide to do this year. Hold on, il just got stock up on baby Makelele who wouldn’t even make my team now and I’ve got a starter team.

Utter moron.

Almost everyone can't afford top cards when they come out. When December comes around, r96 will be 9 million. Gullit will be 6 million.

The vast majority of players can't afford that in December. That said, more people can afford a million to buy a butra or a blanc in december, more people than the supply will be. So the prices rise.

It's you who is "Utter moron" my friend. You have the intelligence of a lamp post if you think icons prices will drop once they go out of packs.

• Nodge86
    1783 posts Play-Off Hero

Supply vs demand?

Ok cool. Fine.

Utter moron.

Almost everyone can't afford top cards when they come out. When December comes around, r96 will be 9 million. Gullit will be 6 million.

The vast majority of players can't afford that in December. That said, more people can afford a million to buy a butra or a blanc in december, more people than the supply will be. So the prices rise.

It's you who is "Utter moron" my friend. You have the intelligence of a lamp post if you think icons prices will drop once they go out of packs.

Ok darling. I reckon put all your coins in to that then. Have a great time playing with baby Blanc in December :lol:
  • FutsalBros0710
    154 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Pooter wrote: »

I guess once season 1 objectives is over, there are going to be objectives to do with icons

icon objectives are coming at october 11th if im not wrong.
  • Invincibility
    4653 posts National Call-Up
    Pooter wrote: »

icon objectives are coming at october 11th if im not wrong.

Get ready to lose your ICON Objective XP.. first Icon in you squad'll be in January
  • 3MenandaBebe

Supply vs demand?

Ok cool. Fine.

Utter moron.

Ok darling. I reckon put all your coins in to that then. Have a great time playing with baby Blanc in December :lol:

How many times are you going to show your stupidity?

You buy him now and sell him in December, that's the whole point of this thread. I know rabbits smarter than you
  • Nodge86
    1783 posts Play-Off Hero

Supply vs demand?

Ok cool. Fine.

Utter moron.

How many times are you going to show your stupidity?

You buy him now and sell him in December, that's the whole point of this thread. I know rabbits smarter than you

Definitely do that. Buy Blanc. I actually beg you to buy blanc. Put all your coins in to him.