People constantly running the wing

Nathlee123
467 posts An Exciting Prospect
What to do about it? Full backs will not track the run, it's all ive faced before. teams with 1 depth, sitting back and just hugging the touchline with rapid wingers to get the ball towards the box. Don't think i can handle this 30 times a weekend. Really can't cope defending with this kind of play.

Comments

• Guillotine_Mack
    1783 posts Play-Off Hero
    Those types of players are called scrubs.
    And it doesn't help that all of the youtubers promote playing in that toxic way.
  • Nathlee123
    i dont even get how it is fun, i know rewards are at stake but it makes me not even want to play. Losing is fine, im no fantastic player but this is just boring.
  • libertao
    1016 posts Professional
    Set custom tactics to stay back while attacking and get fast/strong fullbacks. Maybe change the depth and width.
  • OZero
    6749 posts Big Money Move
    So some people complaining opponents attacking from the wing and some complaining opponents using 41212 and running through the middle
  • Nathlee123
    OZero wrote: »
    So some people complaining opponents attacking from the wing and some complaining opponents using 41212 and running through the middle

dont mind the middle, ai full backs literally dont track for you though, so miles worse.
  • OZero
    Nathlee123 wrote: »

dont mind the middle, ai full backs literally dont track for you though, so miles worse.

Manuel track yourself then...
  • Seandimes
    2980 posts National Call-Up
    Just track the run manually and let them run. They have to cut in anyways since crossing isnt an option
  • ICUP
    4292 posts National Call-Up
    Seandimes wrote: »
    Just track the run manually and let them run. They have to cut in anyways since crossing isnt an option

I do this but problem comes from when I win the tackle and the game decides to screw me and still let them keep the ball whilst my full back is out of position
  • PegLeg
    952 posts Semi-Pro

Er no thanks, I didn't buy this game to play it for myself, I'd much rather sit and watch the AI track runs for me ;)
  • Nathlee123

how can i manually track a player as well as challenging a player? so easy to do a one two on this game as the ai doesnt follow initially with the player you are not using.
  • Decee
    555 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ever notice how their AI track your players but the AI doesn't track their players?
  • OZero

how can i manually track a player as well as challenging a player? so easy to do a one two on this game as the ai doesnt follow initially with the player you are not using.

Once you positioned your wing back correctly, switch back to the original defender and continue to challenge...

Hey, seriously, it’s very basic defense 101 skills to control more than one defender....
  • lippyone
    2089 posts Fans' Favourite
    Does man marking make a difference?
  • Nathlee123
    was only after advice, nothing else.
    Decee wrote: »
    Ever notice how their AI track your players but the AI doesn't track their players?

to be honest i dont notice it tracking the runs when i make them, i am just not good enough at fifa to always expose it and i am really struggling with how to contain them when they are attempting to expose my flanks.
  • D-Maniac
    862 posts Semi-Pro
    Problem is this EVERY youtuber swears by "Cover Centre" then your opponent does triangle passing past your LB?RB and you fcuked cos your CDM/CM doesnt track the runner
  • Seandimes
    2980 posts National Call-Up

If you have problems defending simple 1-2 passes, you really need to learn how to defend properly
  • Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move

Blame youtubers, and the sheepy nature of people.

Kids will be kids, you can't blame them for that... but there are a lot od 30+ year olds who play fifa who are unfortunately, still children.
  • Decee
    555 posts An Exciting Prospect
    D-Maniac wrote: »
    Problem is this EVERY youtuber swears by "Cover Centre" then your opponent does triangle passing past your LB?RB and you fcuked cos your CDM/CM doesnt track the runner

I learned a long time ago to never listen to them. They can get vast amounts of people to use settings like you have just said and that helps YouTubers when they play online.
  • Pieman25
    17086 posts World Class
    edited October 2019
    Heading doesn't work, just stop then cutting in and allow the cross to come in.
  • jackm57
    2427 posts Fans' Favourite
    I wish they would just remove custom tactics all together.
  • greif44
    3521 posts National Call-Up
    I'd rather face opponents that run down the wing than play vs someone doing unrealistic ping pong with 41212(2).
  • 3MenandaBebe
    3066 posts National Call-Up
    Running down the line is really easy to defend against. Just force them to cross and block the cut inside. I wish more people did it.

Then defend the cross. Or he heads it, who cares, they won't score.

Unfortunatly good players don't run down the line that much, only when it's really the best option
  • DonovanFan
    700 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ppl “ run the wings” because you muppets have zero width auto defend stay back and it’s impossible to go in the center
  • abhreebhu_45
    1894 posts Fans' Favourite
    Faster fullbacks won't hurt,, use jockey to block crosses/cutting in
  • Nathlee123
    DonovanFan wrote: »
    Ppl “ run the wings” because you muppets have zero width auto defend stay back and it’s impossible to go in the center

Mam not tuck you in tonight son?
  • Nathlee123
    Running down the line is really easy to defend against. Just force them to cross and block the cut inside. I wish more people did it.

Then defend the cross. Or he heads it, who cares, they won't score.

Unfortunatly good players don't run down the line that much, only when it's really the best option

Thanks for the help, as i said I’m not great. This was a post for help and tips, dunno how I’ve ended up with so much abuse.
  • Pablofsi05
    95 posts Park Captain
    What to do about it? Full backs will not track the run, it's all ive faced before. teams with 1 depth, sitting back and just hugging the touchline with rapid wingers to get the ball towards the box. Don't think i can handle this 30 times a weekend. Really can't cope defending with this kind of play.

Just move far enough into the wing with your defender? a lot of people don't move far enough to be in front of the guy running.
  • Pacey3_16
    2334 posts National Call-Up
    DonovanFan wrote: »

This.. i enjoy wing play especially as most people i come up against play 41212(2)